RBP6 - MOW! Ottoman deity SG

Unreal guys!
Congrats on a mind blowing win.

I don't think I have won domination this early in an emperor game.

Wow, a great victory. :)

General CB led us to utter Domination.
Not surprising.
:goodjob:
An extra :worshp: and an extra :jump: as Meldor would say ;)

By the way, Lee, this was a Deity game, not an Emperor.
What a great finish date.
Don't wanna brag too much but I did say we overestimated our opponents everytime (OK almost everytime Todd) :D

Only disappointment of course was not too be able to take more turns because of that damned patch...:cry: :mad: :cry:
you still always made me feel part of the team I really appreciated that, thanks to all of you. We need to team up again very soon.
:cool:

Holy cow. It only took FIVE turns? Geez. I really did figure they would take a lot more cities with counter attacks than it looks like they did. Maybe we got some 3 front confusional things to mess them up? Still dang impressive. I must say I overestimated how much land was needed for domination like I usually do. Terrific job everyone.

Originally posted by Skyfish
By the way, Lee, this was a Deity game, not an Emperor.

That was my point about the game. I realized that it is deity. That was a comment on how good of play this game. You beat deity more decisively then I have beaten emperor.

OMGWHTTF??!!! :hammer:

Wow, way to go CB! You know that 'errant' jpg I attached instead of a map last page? That was an attempt to figure out how much area we had, and it showed we were *real* close to domination. So close, I thought I did a poor job creating the image, but I couldn't have been too far off.

So I guess those factories were indeed overkill?? I look forward to the full report (including... score?). And please don't forget an upload of the save on the turn *before* the win.

Great job everyone!!

Cartouche Bee
Meldor
Skyfish
Maniac
Reagan
Ridgelake
Charis

:hammer:
Charis

I have to say that it was quite an honor to play beside such skillful teammates. I learned quite a bit from each of you.

:beer: I raise my glass to each of you!

[party]

Ridge

PS I also want to send a thank you to Sullla, if he is still around lurking and not MOOing. It was his training game months ago that brought my skill level up to where I can think about trying a diety game.:)

@Charis, I'll also do some screen shots of the graphs and such since we have quite a few people who can't open PTW 1.21 files. (BTW, the game score was 9700 -9800, exact value will be in the report.)

Those last 50-60 turns of the game where everyone just plowed through the AI was the real reason that this finished this quick. The game summary replay really shows how we mobilized our power and swept up the AI to victory. By leveraging off our different styles it produced a strong fairly balanced game where we could capitalize on a number of situations that arose.

:goodjob:

9700-9800?! Holy cow, thats MY all time high...

Preturn:
Since Charis stated that I could break the Dyes tribute I carefully consider war ASAP. We have some real good targets that we can hit and get an upper hand on the first strike. We are stronger than France according to the military advisor (I think most people don't use this advisor enough) so I move all our units out of France so I can declare war. I want to target all the Cavs that I can see so I keep that in mind when I move the units out (I over studied this as you will see later). Looking at the map really implies that domination is not far off, so, I will not raze any cities that I take. If we trade some cities, so be it, I want to wear them down dramatically and quickly. I figure that they will come back at me with pretty much as much as they can muster.

With domination in mind, I rush libraries in Riza, Peppermint,Sivas, Newcastle. (If I were to do this again, I'd have looked at spots where I should have rushed muskets but I was over confident.)

After picking off a few Cavs, it's clear that York is really a good target to clear the way to take all the French units in that area so our two populated armies do their job and take out 3 riflemen and a Sipahi takes the last cav defender out. The city is kept for logistical reasons. ;) Picking off the areas French produces another leader, which I later used for another army. I pick off as many cavs as I can hit before looking for other targets. My main purpose is to inflict damage from every angle that I can.

:weed: I found a unit that I failed to move out before declaring war, the unit is not used for any war purposes and once found was moved out of the French territory and then back in, so technically a ROP but the unit was not used in any ROP manner (the rep damage is done though).

Rather than push to take cities I go for worker snatching and placing units for future pillaging targets. I know that we have too many targets to defend so I use this fact to allow the French a chance to counter in a way that will leave me with a chance to cripple them.

IBT
Yep we lose Bingol and Pepermint where I had brilliantly rushed a library in. :( We also lose about 5 more Sipahi in the French counter attack, they lost about 3 cavs. I would say that the French probably have no more than 6-8 cavs around and lose.

I would like to be able to reunite our forces. I decide to take Canterbury to reach out toward the west. Then, I check for stray cavs, for easy picks at targets. Avignon guarded with musket is the next easy target. Valencia size 6 next target. Pillage (Saltpeter, iron and mines) to provide another ever growing problem to the French decline. Bolu, Denizli, Liverpool rush library. York rush Musket. Found Van and Bingol. I want to keep pressing toward a domination so that if the French faulter on a counter attack take a crack at meeting the required criteria.

IBT
The French raze Bingol,Gump and Sivas. They take out a few more of our units but our advances are still gaining ground over the French counter attacks. The French are losing about 2 -1 units and we are definately out producing them.

We already have war weariness setting in from out losses and large number of units on french turf (the first real sign of a deity game). So raise the lux tax to 20%. We finally get our chance to separate the French from the saltpeter. Found Cankiri, Iskenderun and Tunceli.

IBT
Van is razed. That's pretty much it, they are running out of steam, I feel this was the turn that France wilted.

We take Seville. We pick and rest units, the northern route to link our cities looks like a quicker route now, so I line up Lyons for a hit. Lots of boring worker moves, the previous players did such good jobs I got tired of looking in cities for spots to fix, so I just did mostly make work projects.

IBT
Cankiri is captured, this city should have been auto razed, maybe we built on the spot enough the game engine decided to just leave it there.

Cature Lyons, Hastings, and Cankiri. Sivas is founded. By this time I'm getting tired of moving workers with the end this near so I start automating them (another sin but we don't need more frosting). We have a settler in postion to tie up the space between Lyon and Avignon.

IBT
Not enough counters to stop our domination.

Domination. Score 9637

How expensive was the war? We started with 59 Sipahi and ended up with 52 Sipahi.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/RBP6-MOW-900AD.SAV

Thanks for letting me join the team, guys! All I did was tag along. Great game! :goodjob:

[dance] :band: [dance]

Hmmmm, now that tis one is over, I need annother SG..... looks at Charis who must be able to find some spare non MOO time for one (right?). I mean, what am I going to do if I don't have somewhere to spam with all my (sometimes bad) ideas?

Anyway, thanks for inviting me in to fill the roster hole created by the patch, and lets all get togeather for an SG again soon eh?

@meldor Stop undersetimating your contributions. You were very solid and a great help to the team :)

-Maniac

Not only do we given deity one the *soundest* thrashings I've ever seen, but the players are wrangling over who can claim to be the biggest slacker! :lol:

73hrs, 50min, 32sec - about equal to the in-forum discussion time :p

Replay shows our expansion was excellent.
We had one of the better starting locations, Carthage one of the toughest, and
Rome one of the most crowded. England had a good starting location positionally,
Carthage entered GA in 1225BC at end of one of our first wars. Oh my we pounded them
badly. And Rome too, sheesh. Spain got a GL in 50BC. Then a second one in 90AD, we
getting our first in between. France enters GA in 210AD. Ah, that's how they did so
well vs the Vikings. We had 7 Leaders overall. The histogram is extremely telling,
it lacks the all-too-common 'pause', this one is nearly a straight exponential
curve, with no let up.

It's not in HOF due to being started as a 'mod' (for gfx, initial scout, and
Wheel instead of Masonry, all due to not being allowed to use slow troops),
but if you would like it in there, open up HighScores.cv3 and paste this line in:
Osman_MOW_(RBP6) 20 9637 5 0 1

(I did -- ) That's a new high score for me :goodjob:

Hey Marshall, is your doc ok with you playing SG's? :p
I'll re-check the SG ideas thread and see what's next on the agenda. My free time hasn't been sucked down much by Moo, rather by RL (family and work project). But I was down to just this one SG, so I need to start another one too.

Charis

PS Well after my turn and post/comments, I was dying to see what French was like. I let the RoP expire and said 'Get lost' when they told me to leave, just to see what would happen. If you let the French and all their cav get first attack... brutal. I lost about 5 cities first round, and a lot of Sip, and I think they could have taken more if they wanted to. We would have outproduced still, but that wasn't pretty. Just goes to show the value of not waiting until the enemy attacks you first in Civ 3.

Yea :) Sign me up and slot me last in the rotation if you start one.

I HATE the expansion phase, and it's my weakest point, and playing last in SG's lets me avoid doing much of this hehe. Thats one reason I leaped at Epic 16. I get much more pleasure at "fixing" a work in progress, though I can't say there was much fixing to do with this roster :)

Actually, I don't care what my Doc thinks, only what my gf thinks, and she is fine with it, and I've even convinced her to give the game a try (she allways said it was her ambition to rule the world, well, now is her chance I told her :)), and I may run a TDG at some point.

If we start in the middle of the jungle we could do that :lol: In the other 3 SG's I've played (RBP1,3,6) the crew was just too good to let that happen.

I believe the Defiant Nationalist variant should be given another try as Revenge is calling !

Top Bottom