1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ready-Made 'standard' Multi-Figure Units

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-Figure Units' started by Kryten, Jan 21, 2003.

1. LouLong

LouLong In love with Rei Ayanami

Most of these munits are very nice but I have one pb with the Egyptian war chariot. The driver/warrior definitely looks like a pharaoh to me and I don't think they would have had two of them fighting in the same "division"... :crazyeye:

2. Kryten

Kryten Smeee heeeeed

Hmmm....I do see your point LouLong.

In fact, not only should there not be two pharaoh's in the same unit, but there shouldn't be dozens of pharaoh's in the Egyptian army (so maybe the Egyptians should only have one War Chariot, no matter how big their empire is? ;) ).

Of course, in reality, War Chariots had a crew of two (a driver and an archer), not just one figure.
    And as for the other Chariot in Civ3, it should have two horses, not one, as NO chariot in history was ever pulled by just a single horse.

Then there is the fact that the Romans NEVER used a figure-of-eight 'cello' shaped shield.....
    Or that the Immortals used spears and shield, not scimitars....
    Or that the Knight's traditional weapon was a lance....
    Or that Musketmen didn't have semi-automatic repeating muskets....
    Or that Paratroopers should in be green or brown, not white....
    Or that Tanks are smaller than Infantrymen and Marines....
    Or that Destroyers attack Subs with deck guns instead of depth charges...
    Or that Galleys attack sideways with arrows instead of ramming each other....
    Or that the default Aircraft & Helicopter animation has them floating in mid air with their engines turned off....
    Or that Mech Infantry never leave their vehicles to fight (probably too large to go through the hatch)....
    Or that Catapults, Cannons & Artillery magically move on their own without any crew or means of propulsion....

And you're complaining about....a hat?! :eek: :lol:

3. Sa~Craig

Sa~Craig King

actually its a crown

4. LouLong

LouLong In love with Rei Ayanami

Sorry but to bother you with that was definitely worth it, considering the laugh I had after reading your reply. (still 5 min after, maybe I should go see a doctor).
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. horsematrix

horsematrix HE WHO SPEAKS TO HORSES

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6. GIDustin

GIDustin Emperor

Good job Kryten. I will add all those to my site, but right now I am busy packing up to go back home, so I am short of time. When I get back, I estimate I will have to add about 45 units to my site . . :(

GIDustin

BTW, Didnt you have plans to make a single executable installer for all of the MF units? If you want to rest first like your 4th post states, that is fine with me, but I cannot control the mobs of other people wanting a single dld and install :D

7. Wi1d

Wi1d Chieftain

Thanks for all the great units and the hard and tedious work you put into them. They are really a great set.

8. Wi1d

Wi1d Chieftain

Thanks Kryten for all the great units and the hard and tedious work you put into them. They are really a great set.

9. pdescobar

pdescobar Moo, baby. Moo.

Lemme start a mob here and second that notion. I went and clicked every darn one of those links last night to play with the multi-units cause they just look so cool. A single DL would be really useful, although I understand if you can't since it is somewhat impractical.

10. Kryten

Kryten Smeee heeeeed

To GIDustin & pdescober,

I really don't want to bundle all the Ready-Made MF units into one huge downloadable package, for three very good reasons.....

1) it's easy for me to update and change any of them while they are seperate
    2) the site limit at CFC is 3 megs, so where will I post a 75 meg zip file?
    3) I'm too lazy (alright....I admit it....this is the main reason! :D )

Look at it this way:-
    For 364 days of multi-figure civing, you have to spend just one day downloading them.
    It is a very small price to pay. :)

Of course, should anyone with their own website (GIDustin), wish to bundle all 50 MF units together into one zip file (GIDustin), then people could go to that website and dowload them all in one go, couldn't they (GIDustin). ;)

11. GIDustin

GIDustin Emperor

I get the feeling you are implying something, but I just cant seem to put my finger on it.

:p

GIDustin

12. GIDustin

GIDustin Emperor

Not to be picky or anything, but you have Marines listed in two eras. Are they the same or is one better than the other?

GIDustin

13. GIDustin

GIDustin Emperor

14. horsematrix

what is that download to gi dustin?:confused:

15. Kryten

Kryten Smeee heeeeed

Cheers GIDustin! :goodjob:
    (I owe you one)

Would you mind if I place your link on the first post of this thread? (along with a note saying that it won't be there forever).
    This will make it easier for people to find while it does exist.

As for the second MF Marine link.....yes, it was confusing.
    I only repeated it in the Modern Age Modpack because of that note about using the MarineAttackA.flc & MarineVictory.flc as part of the Mech Infantry animation.
    I've now removed it.

To horsematrix,

GIDustin has bundled all 50 odd Ready-Made MF units into one big zip package (which takes my slow connection about three and a half hours to download), and his excellent site can be found here....

click_me

(As I said....I owe him one. ;) )

16. horsematrix

thanks kryten i was just wondering i guess it would take a while to download all of them.:eek:

17. GIDustin

GIDustin Emperor

Yeah you can link it on the first post, that would be fine. I didnt install it to test it because I need my civ3 in original form for some modding purposes, so someone will have to let me know how it goes.

GIDustin

Attached Files:

18. horsematrix

wow looks great gi dustin:goodjob:

19. GIDustin

GIDustin Emperor

I also pinned the modpack in the MUnits section of my site. I will add the rest of the individual units when I get back home (march 3)

GIDustin

20. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

Potential bug: Paratroopers
    Fortifying multi-unit Paratroopers caused them to disappear, leaving only their HP indicator. (I have played only one game with them so far).