Ready-Made 'standard' Multi-Figure Units

Sorry for the long delay with the Industrial Multi-Figure Modpack everybody, but I had some problems, which I'm sure you don't want to hear.
(I'll tell you anyway: troubles with the smoke 'biting' large chunks out of the figure so that the terrain shows through....making the Infantrymen 'kneel'....resizing some of the aircraft....the sizes of the aircraft shadows once they had been resized....and so on.
Generally, just trying to makes Steph's SBB untility do things that it wasn't designed to do.)

Anyway, they are now ready and I'll start uploading them staright away (which will take an hour or two, as my connection is so slow).

While you're waiting, here are some quick previews.....

Originally posted by Rhye Kryten, what is the best way to invade Iraq? :)

The way Alexander the Great did it. ;)

YEAHOO!!!

Kryten... We may have to raise you up to god-hood status. I'll see if there are any openings. Awesome job!:goodjob:

Yay! Finally! I could've used these about a week earlier, as I was just finishing up a game, and could've used these in the Industrial age. The previews look great, nontheless! Can't wait to see them in my next game!

Kryten, once again your work excels even the most brave expectations. :goodjob: :goodjob:
If there's no godhood position open, you still have some alternatives:
:king:
:egypt:
:santa:
:jesus:
:borg:

end result will be the same:

:worshp: :worshp: :worshp:

Wonderful!!
Fantastic!!

What unit did you use to fly over the paratroopers?

Looking foward to the next batch...cant wait

(BTW, for anyone who was as dumb/forgetful as myself, the download files are on the first page of this thread.)

Wow!!!! Exxxxxxxxcellent!

The formations, the feeling of a group instead of a lone warrior.
What a ying yang balance! :goodjob:

How did you solve the smoke problem? Frame by frame editing?

Ive found that the only easy way to do it is convert the smoke to shadows, the unit is always displayed over the shadow, even if its not its own shadow. However that doesn't look as good as yours. :)

The Multi-Figure Fighter is ready and now uploaded (see page one of this thread). :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several of you have indicated an interest in the aircraft used in the ParatoopDrop animation.

Well, after searching through Lab Monkey's excellent unit library, I decided that the nearest thing to what I was looking for was the Air Tranport by BlueO.
Unfotunately, there seems to be something wrong with this flc file, as every time I try to run it through FLICster I get a "Runtime error 9" message.
Also, it doesn't appear to be complete, as when I opened it with the PaintShop Pro Animation Wizard (in order to convert it to a gif file), only 4 directions were available.

So what I did was to take the south direction, paste it onto the paratrooper storyboard, copied and pasted the twin tailplane onto the front, pasted the engines onto the back of the wings, added some propellers, and last of all changed it to a brown colour (as there is not much green in the paratrooper palette).

So I'm afraid what you see is all there is.....just a single frame moving in the north direction.
(....and no, I have far, Far, FAR too much to do already! :crazyeye: )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Smoking mirror
How did you solve the smoke problem? Frame by frame editing?

Not quite.....just a little bit of storyboard copying and overpasting.
(This procedure looks complicated: it's not. It's just that I'm not very good at explaining things.)

1) run the storyboard through Steph's wonderful SBB utility to make an MF unit
(Let's call this storyboard 'A')

2) keep a copy of the orginal 'single-figure' storyboard, but remove all the shadows using PaintShops 'colour replacer' tool on all the bright red bits
(We'll call this storyboard 'B')

3) now make a copy of storyboard 'A', and do the same to remove all the smoke
(Called....you guest it......storyboard 'C')

Now what I want to do is to turn the whole of storyboard 'B' light grey.
To do this, you have to be in 16 million colours 24 bit format.

Soooo.....
4) open a new 24 bit image, and paste storyboard 'B' onto it
(I like to use a black background, as it shows the colours better)

5) now using the 'retouch' tool, pick a nice grey from the original storyboard (NOT a shadow or smoke grey), and use the 'colour to target' option to convert storyboard 'B'
(I also used the 'lightness up' option in order to brighten the dull grey a bit)

Last bit.....
6) as you can see below, storyboard 'A' has those annoying 'smoke-bite' chunks missing.
So copy the grey storyboard 'B' and paste it directly over the offending tank
(Picture 'A+B')

7) this has of course left the grey tank overlapping the green tank.
So, copy storyboard 'C' over the whole lot!
(Picture 'A+B+C')

The result is to very quickly fill-in the missing 'bites' with a grey area, which looks like the washed-out view you get when peering through smoke! :D

Top Bottom