1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Building Upgrades 1.5

Building Upgrades for all 47 vanilla buildings (including 5 UBs).

1. Godzicraft civ

Godzicraft civ Chieftain

traduct directly to somes real buldings upgrades
    (i add some in french because it sound bad without in french)

2. Godzicraft civ

Godzicraft civ Chieftain

and for some coherence,you could add the chateau update... it's an idea

3. Godzicraft civ

Godzicraft civ Chieftain

and i'm actually translating the front page and eplanation to french

4. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

Chateau is an improvement not a building. Technically there is no possibility to built two improvements in 1 tile. You have to remove an old one and build a new one (like a new Chateau). Not sure if this can be called 'upgrade' :)

5. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

@Godzicraft civ Done. I attached a version here for you, so you can check if everything's ok. You have to load to Mods folder and just to be safe - unsubscribe from Steam. Let me know if it's ok and then I will officially release it to Steam.
    Also, (just to make sure since I don't speak French at all) I've noticed that sometimes you use different words for the upgrade than a building. Pls confirm that it's ok.
    - quartiers residentiels vs. maison de rencontre
    - barraquements vs. caserne
    - l'etable vs. ecurie
    - madrasa vs. Medersa
    - murs vs. remparts
    - moulin vs. moulin a eau
    - l'arcne vs. arena
    - l'eglise en bois vs. Stavkirke
    - spatioport vs. complex portoire
    - l'usine vs. atelier
    The right column are original french game names (singular).
    You missed Lighthouse Upgrade.
    If you want to change something, just post translations here, do not send xml anymore.

Attached Files:

6. Godzicraft civ

Godzicraft civ Chieftain

oh, sorry ther is some errors like arena is l'arène, i will fix them up

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  7. Godzicraft civ

Godzicraft civ Chieftain

oh, i see the bug for the arena seems to be a problem with the è simbol that file hav'ent reconise

8. Godzicraft civ

Godzicraft civ Chieftain

the originals transation are right,sorry for my miss ( for exemple mur and remparts have the same sens, but i missed what word is used in game) and lighthouse is: phare

9. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

@Godzicraft civ Translations should be consistent within a game so if there are other words used for Buildings that you used for Upgrades, pls. give me new translations. And the other things I mentioned?

10. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

Infixo updated Real Building Upgrades with a new update entry:

Version 1.2 French update, Balance tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

11. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

12. Jambrose

Jambrose Chieftain

Is it only me, or some of the bonuses for improvements (e.g. production from pastures provided by upgraded stable) is not working properly? I do not see an additional cog on the tile, neither can I see that bonus in city production details.

13. Edward2017

Edward2017 Chieftain

Hello and thank you for your mod.
    I really want to use this mod together with Lee's Buildings are fun one, but it seems to be a problem with the mod load order. I tried to look in the modinfo, but I couldn't find any load order. Does it mean that the mod loads last?
    Where should I add the load order lines to make sure that it loads before Lee's mod, which has a load order of -1 for its dependency, 100 for one component and 15000 for another?

Thank you.
    Have a beautiful Saturday!

14. Sub6

Sub6 Chieftain

Did you forget to add Basilikoi Paides upgrade?

15. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

16. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

@Edward2017 RBU doesn't use any specific Load Order settings. It means that it loads in default order, just as other mods. What kind of problem do you have with Lee's mod? RBU is quite well "self-contained" and shouldn't conflict with other mods as long as they don't modify the main Buildings table. If Lee's mod alters this table - you'll have an error.

17. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Real Building Upgrades fails when Buildings Are Fun is also enabled because Buildings Are Fun adds a column to table Buildings (just as the most recent patch did) so your SQL command generates an error because you have only X columns defined for a table with X+1 columns.

This is why it is important to always state the column-names you are writing to in an insert statement: it ensures that no future update to the game (other than the removal of a column from the game like civ5's Gods & Kings did) will negatively impact your mod. Nor will insertion in other mods of new column-names into the database for the table you are writing to affect your code. Firaxis was infamous throughout the lifecycle of civ5 for adding new column-names to basic tables like "Buildings" as part of patches, and in civ6 they seem to be following in that tradition.

This fixed the issue pre-patch, and would allow you to remove any data for the extra Buildings column Firaxis added in the patch if you are not using it

Code:
    -- New buildings
    INSERT INTO Buildings  -- do we need a list of fields???
    	(BuildingType, Name, PrereqTech, PrereqCivic, Cost, MaxPlayerInstances, MaxWorldInstances, Capital, PrereqDistrict, AdjacentDistrict, Description, RequiresPlacement,
    		RequiresRiver, OuterDefenseHitPoints, Housing, Entertainment, AdjacentResource, Coast, EnabledByReligion, AllowsHolyCity, PurchaseYield, MustPurchase,
    		Maintenance, IsWonder, TraitType, OuterDefenseStrength, CitizenSlots, MustBeLake, MustNotBeLake, RegionalRange, AdjacentToMountain, ObsoleteEra,
    		RequiresReligion, GrantFortification, DefenseModifier, InternalOnly, RequiresAdjacentRiver, Quote, QuoteAudio, MustBeAdjacentLand, AdvisorType,
    		AdjacentCapital, AdjacentImprovement )
    SELECT
    	'BUILDING_'||BType||'_UPGRADE',
    	'LOC_BUILDING_'||BType||'_UPGRADE_NAME',
    	CASE WHEN PTech IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE 'TECH_'||PTech END,
    	CASE WHEN PCivic IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE 'CIVIC_'||PCivic END,
    	UCost, -1, -1, 0,  -- Cost, MaxPlayerInstances, MaxWorldInstances, Capital (PALACE!)
    	'DISTRICT_'||PDist, NULL,
    	'LOC_BUILDING_'||BType||'_UPGRADE_DESCRIPTION',
    	0, 0, NULL, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, -- RequiresPlacement, RequiresRiver, OuterDefenseHitPoints, Housing, Entertainment, AdjacentResource, Coast
    	0, 0, -- EnabledByReligion, AllowsHolyCity, 
    	'YIELD_GOLD', 0,  -- PurchaseYield, MustPurchase
    	UMain, 0, NULL, 0, NULL,  -- Maintenance, IsWonder, TraitType, OuterDefenseStrength, CitizenSlots
    	0, 0, 0, 0, 'NO_ERA', 0,  -- MustBeLake, MustNotBeLake, RegionalRange, AdjacentToMountain, ObsoleteEra, RequiresReligion
    	0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, NULL, 0,  -- GrantFortification, DefenseModifier, InternalOnly, RequiresAdjacentRiver, Quote, QuoteAudio, MustBeAdjacentLand
    	CASE WHEN Advis IS NULL THEN NULL ELSE 'ADVISOR_'||Advis END, 0, NULL  -- AdvisorType, AdjacentCapital, AdjacentImprovement
    FROM RBUConfig;

18. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain

19. Sub6

Sub6 Chieftain

I see.
    Thanks for your reply.

20. Infixo

Infixo Chieftain