• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Realism Invictus

Its as soon as I click the botton to start the game. I can get to the main menu fine. And clear sustom assests?

Could anyone specify the release date of the 3.1 patch. These crashes (C++ runtime library error) are really annoying. Especially from medival/renascence turning point and on.

Its as soon as I click the botton to start the game. I can get to the main menu fine. And clear sustom assests?

Do you use Custom Game to start? There is a strange issues that causes CTDs - you should be able to start by Play Now, and then Custom Game CTD should go away too, and will not return.

Could anyone specify the release date of the 3.1 patch. These crashes (C++ runtime library error) are really annoying. Especially from medival/renascence turning point and on.

We don't give ETAs, but quite soon.

Ok thanks. That will be within one month period i guess. Btw. the light version of the game only excludes new wonder movies and great person popup's, right? It's not in any way easier on system requirements?

ok thanks, I think it works now! :)

So I finally found time to play a game(up to the 16th century and still going). Great work, I have other things to do but cant stop playing.

I found some bugs aswell
  • Pantheon has no finishing movie
  • Some civs (dont know which) are running out of GP Names quickly
  • I have a city which is surrounded by land except the southwestern tile which is water but I cant build any maritime buildings or ships there.

And now some questions/suggestion from me:

How far out do the borders of a city spread in the end?
Are slave uprisings somehow linked to population centers?
Is it possible to improve prime timber with sawmills aswell. I find it strange that after you can build them you still need camps to harvest it, whereas sawmills would be the more logical way. Maybe give a better hammer output too.
I also like the growing of ice, does it go away again(my southern most city is trapped)?

So I finally found time to play a game(up to the 16th century and still going). Great work, I have other things to do but cant stop playing.

I found some bugs aswell

Pantheon has no finishing movie

This one is indeed an oversight. Will be corrected (with a static splash at first, and eventually a movie).
Some civs (dont know which) are running out of GP Names quickly

That isn't exactly a bug. How many Zulu great engineers could you name? Some civs just don't have those names.
I have a city which is surrounded by land except the southwestern tile which is water but I cant build any maritime buildings or ships there.

Are you quite sure that city isn't standing on a big lake?

And now some questions/suggestion from me:

How far out do the borders of a city spread in the end?

I think like in vanilla (we didn't add/remove culture levels).

Are slave uprisings somehow linked to population centers?

Yes, of course. They are a city-centric event. Their size is (supposed to be, I am not sure it already worked as intended in 3.01) affecting the size of rebellion.

Is it possible to improve prime timber with sawmills aswell. I find it strange that after you can build them you still need camps to harvest it, whereas sawmills would be the more logical way. Maybe give a better hammer output too.

Sawmills don't really harvest timber IRL. Logging camps do. So this one is accurate as they get. I don't really see why we should change it.

I also like the growing of ice, does it go away again(my southern most city is trapped)?

It has a chance to. It can grow, it can retreat.

It´s sitting on a large lake yes. Its not a 1 tile lake though it is good 5 tiles wide and 3 long. I used it as natural channel to get my ships from one coast to the other faster, think Panama channel

Er... I keep getting stuck in the title screen for Realism Invictus.
More exactly, I can't read any of the game text, and while I can click where it's be I only see the title screen of the mod.

What should I do?

I liked a lot Total Realism

is there any way I can not see the picture in the start screen so I may click my way through?

Er... I keep getting stuck in the title screen for Realism Invictus.
More exactly, I can't read any of the game text, and while I can click where it's be I only see the title screen of the mod.

What should I do?

I liked a lot Total Realism

is there any way I can not see the picture in the start screen so I may click my way through?

Is your language is set to English?

I tried with the Spanish setting (my locale) and with English as well... (in the game settings, that is)
eI guess if I can make the the start picture not appear I'd be able to get past it.
In both languages I can't read any text at startup, and only see the Realism Invictus picture

Top Bottom