1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Really Advanced Setup Lite 2017-02-15

Allows extra starting player techs, units, gold, faith, civics

1. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

So far as I can see the mod is still working with the April update. I will double-check that I also have allowed Steam to download the hot-fix update to the SDK, but I am as sure as I can be at the moment that I have also allowed that small patch to the SDK to download.

What behavior are you seeing and what if anything is showing for you in Database.log, lua.log, and modding.log ?

2. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

LeeS, do you know if the mod works with the last July update? If it doest, this is the thing I have been looking for a while.
    Is it possible to have multiple files with different "starts" so thst I only have to change one file in the mod? That way I could make world starts akin to EU4, for example world at 1200ad, 1600ad or 1800ad with different starting techs for various civs.

-Edit: Another thing that comes to my mind. Is it possible to set additional yields as percentages? For example if I want that Zulu make only 30% if the research of European civs. If that doesn't work I quess I have to play on marathon speed and give the Europeans a lot of nearly completed civics and technologies.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  3. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

I hadn't really thought to test it since the "June 2019" patch. I just did and everything appears to be working correctly. Just bear in mind that most of the effects are not implemented until you found your first city, and with Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm tech and civic pop-ups are not generated instantly on creating the 1st city. They pop-up after selecting your production item, or moving your starting warrior, or etc. There is nothing I can control about this: it is something that is different in the way R&F / GS work as compared to Vanilla.
    You could make multiple different copies of the RASL_GameSet-Up.xml on your computer and swap different copies of the file in and out of the mod as needed. But there can only be one copy of RASL_GameSet-Up.xml within the mod at any one time. The ability to specify "EraType" will handle many of these issues all within one file, though, since the designation of "EraType" points the code towards the Human-Selected starting era of the game, so if you start in the Classical Era, then only rows in the RASL_GameSet-Up.xml file with "ERA_CLASSICAL" would be applied.
    The mod is not designed for that sort of thing. The extra yields you can grant a player are "buckets" as it were of extra gold or faith with which the player starts the game -- they are not repeating bonuses nor % values of what a player would normally generate throughout the course of the game.

4. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

Thak you for your thorough explanation. Those answered most of my questions. I still have one more though. I couldn't find a list of new civilizations added in RF and GS. I assumed that Sweden and all will work, but how about England leaded by Eleanor and other alternative leaders? What should I type on the Civilization Name part?

5. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

I believe this is the complete non-modded list including R&F and GS:
    Spoiler List of Leaders and Civs :
    Sorted alphabetically by civilization-name, and includes the City-States and "Free Cities" after R&F and GS are done with any lolterations to the list of City-States:
    Leader Civilization
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_AKKAD" "CIVILIZATION_AKKAD"
    "LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT" "CIVILIZATION_AMERICA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_ANTANANARIVO" "CIVILIZATION_ANTANANARIVO"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_ANTIOCH" "CIVILIZATION_ANTIOCH"
    "LEADER_SALADIN" "CIVILIZATION_ARABIA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_ARMAGH" "CIVILIZATION_ARMAGH"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_AUCKLAND" "CIVILIZATION_AUCKLAND"
    "LEADER_JOHN_CURTIN" "CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA"
    "LEADER_MONTEZUMA" "CIVILIZATION_AZTEC"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_BABYLON" "CIVILIZATION_BABYLON"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_BOLOGNA" "CIVILIZATION_BOLOGNA"
    "LEADER_PEDRO" "CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_BRUSSELS" "CIVILIZATION_BRUSSELS"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_BUENOS_AIRES" "CIVILIZATION_BUENOS_AIRES"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_CAHOKIA" "CIVILIZATION_CAHOKIA"
    "LEADER_LAURIER" "CIVILIZATION_CANADA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_CARDIFF" "CIVILIZATION_CARDIFF"
    "LEADER_QIN" "CIVILIZATION_CHINA"
    "LEADER_POUNDMAKER" "CIVILIZATION_CREE"
    "LEADER_CLEOPATRA" "CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"
    "LEADER_VICTORIA" "CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND"
    "LEADER_ELEANOR_ENGLAND" "CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_FEZ" "CIVILIZATION_FEZ"
    "LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI" "CIVILIZATION_FRANCE"
    "LEADER_ELEANOR_FRANCE" "CIVILIZATION_FRANCE"
    "LEADER_FREE_CITIES" "CIVILIZATION_FREE_CITIES"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_GENEVA" "CIVILIZATION_GENEVA"
    "LEADER_TAMAR" "CIVILIZATION_GEORGIA"
    "LEADER_BARBAROSSA" "CIVILIZATION_GERMANY"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_GRANADA" "CIVILIZATION_GRANADA"
    "LEADER_GORGO" "CIVILIZATION_GREECE"
    "LEADER_PERICLES" "CIVILIZATION_GREECE"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_HATTUSA" "CIVILIZATION_HATTUSA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_HONG_KONG" "CIVILIZATION_HONG_KONG"
    "LEADER_MATTHIAS_CORVINUS" "CIVILIZATION_HUNGARY"
    "LEADER_PACHACUTI" "CIVILIZATION_INCA"
    "LEADER_GANDHI" "CIVILIZATION_INDIA"
    "LEADER_CHANDRAGUPTA" "CIVILIZATION_INDIA"
    "LEADER_GITARJA" "CIVILIZATION_INDONESIA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_JAKARTA" "CIVILIZATION_JAKARTA"
    "LEADER_HOJO" "CIVILIZATION_JAPAN"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_JERUSALEM" "CIVILIZATION_JERUSALEM"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_KABUL" "CIVILIZATION_KABUL"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_KANDY" "CIVILIZATION_KANDY"
    "LEADER_JAYAVARMAN" "CIVILIZATION_KHMER"
    "LEADER_MVEMBA" "CIVILIZATION_KONGO"
    "LEADER_SEONDEOK" "CIVILIZATION_KOREA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_KUMASI" "CIVILIZATION_KUMASI"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_LA_VENTA" "CIVILIZATION_LA_VENTA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_LISBON" "CIVILIZATION_LISBON"
    "LEADER_ALEXANDER" "CIVILIZATION_MACEDON"
    "LEADER_MANSA_MUSA" "CIVILIZATION_MALI"
    "LEADER_KUPE" "CIVILIZATION_MAORI"
    "LEADER_LAUTARO" "CIVILIZATION_MAPUCHE"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_MEXICO_CITY" "CIVILIZATION_MEXICO_CITY"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_MOHENJO_DARO" "CIVILIZATION_MOHENJO_DARO"
    "LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN" "CIVILIZATION_MONGOLIA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_MUSCAT" "CIVILIZATION_MUSCAT"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_NAN_MADOL" "CIVILIZATION_NAN_MADOL"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_NAZCA" "CIVILIZATION_NAZCA"
    "LEADER_WILHELMINA" "CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_NGAZARGAMU" "CIVILIZATION_NGAZARGAMU"
    "LEADER_HARDRADA" "CIVILIZATION_NORWAY"
    "LEADER_AMANITORE" "CIVILIZATION_NUBIA"
    "LEADER_SULEIMAN" "CIVILIZATION_OTTOMAN"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_PALENQUE" "CIVILIZATION_PALENQUE"
    "LEADER_CYRUS" "CIVILIZATION_PERSIA"
    "LEADER_DIDO" "CIVILIZATION_PHOENICIA"
    "LEADER_JADWIGA" "CIVILIZATION_POLAND"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_PRESLAV" "CIVILIZATION_PRESLAV"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_RAPA_NUI" "CIVILIZATION_RAPA_NUI"
    "LEADER_TRAJAN" "CIVILIZATION_ROME"
    "LEADER_PETER_GREAT" "CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA"
    "LEADER_ROBERT_THE_BRUCE" "CIVILIZATION_SCOTLAND"
    "LEADER_TOMYRIS" "CIVILIZATION_SCYTHIA"
    "LEADER_PHILIP_II" "CIVILIZATION_SPAIN"
    "LEADER_GILGAMESH" "CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA"
    "LEADER_KRISTINA" "CIVILIZATION_SWEDEN"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_VALLETTA" "CIVILIZATION_VALLETTA"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_VILNIUS" "CIVILIZATION_VILNIUS"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_YEREVAN" "CIVILIZATION_YEREVAN"
    "LEADER_MINOR_CIV_ZANZIBAR" "CIVILIZATION_ZANZIBAR"
    "LEADER_SHAKA" "CIVILIZATION_ZULU"

nauberry likes this.
  6. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

Thanks again! Do these work in the same parts of the code as for example CIVILIZATION_ROME?

7. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

For the civilization types, yes. The mod was not written to implement based on a Leader Name. So for example CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND would work for both Victoria and the "England" version of Eleanor. It will also work for CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND (for example) for a modded leader such as a hypothetical LEADER_WINSTON_CHURCHILL.

Just bear in mind that even though I included the names of the City-State "civilizations" in the above listing, the mod is not written to do anything with designations of city-states.

nauberry likes this.
  8. nauberry

nauberry Chieftain

Okay great! I'll try the mod out as soon as the optimized world map is updated! I'll let you know if everything goes smoothly.

9. __jack__

__jack__ Warlord

I was wondering.. Why the xml path ? It is imposibble to affect the XML value from the Advanced Options with SQL ?

10. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Because
    1. I've found that most people not "educated" in the two languages have less trouble understanding XML than they do SQL. It often seems to those of use versed in both coding languages that SQL ought to be easier to learn for those not knowledgeable in either language, but my experience has shown this really isn't much the case.
    2. The Advanced Options menu is an lua file and therefore cannot affect anything within the game's database.
    3. The Advanced Options menu is controlled by an lua file that is both a User Interface script and a FrontEnd (ie, pregame) script. Because of the way that User Interface context and Gameplay context for lua scripts run on different computer processing threads communication between the two is a bit PITA, whereas dumping the desired data into the in-game database and then making the lua script of the mod read out the needed instructions from there gets around much of this PITA-ness as well as needing to make the mod an incompatible mod to those that make a "better" or "different" game set-up menu, as well as getting around the need to concern myself with the effects of patches and expansions upon the lua script.
    4. There is a whole additional layer of PITA-ness associated with keeping data settings made in the FrontEnd (ie, pregame) and sending it to an lua file operating on the InGame side, above and beyond the issues of communication between User Interface and GameplayScripts.
    5. The mod was originally created and uploaded here before the Civ6 SDK was released and was originally intended as a mod-maker utility to simplify setting up the conditions needed to test the ingame effects of other mods.
    6. The mod was only uploaded to Steam Workshop when the SDK and the workshop became available as a test of the steps needed to upload a mod, and I had planned to immediately delete it once I was satisfied I had done the upload procedures properly:
      • I had thought the mod failed to load up onto the workshop for quite some time before it was brought to my attention that it was live and people were subscribing to it on Steam.
      • In order to not kill player's mod-play experience I have left the mod active on Steam Workshop and have updated only as really needed. Nothing is more irksome than having a mod be removed from the workshop when a user needs that mod to complete their current game.

TaylorItaly likes this.
  11. __jack__

__jack__ Warlord

Fair enough :)

12. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Warlord

LeeS, I have used this mod since its release. I did some additions/revision pertaining to compatibility to ensure the mod work whenever there is a patch upgrade. Like your mod and thanks for the mod.

13. JustNilt

JustNilt Chieftain

Seems to be some sort of incompatibility with YnAEMP. I can get this to work with any of my mods except this one. Oddly, disabling YnAEMP alone or even unsubscribing in Steam doesn't make RSL start working. I had to forcibly delete all content in the workshop folder. (I'd already done a manual install from here just as a test anyhow.) Resubscribing to my mods one at a time, testing RSL each time, worked just fine until I resubbed to YnAEMP again.

Seems like an odd conflict, no?

14. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

There have been issues with Gedemon's mod YnAEMP since the beginning. I had thought I had solved those by delaying implementation of the RASL effects until after a player founds their first city. Even then, with or without YnAEMP running, since RaF there are delays between when the code implements upon founding a first city, and when the pop-ups and other effects "show" to the player. Usually it is necessary to move a unit or enter the city view to for example select the city's production item. Faith and Gold effects however still appear instantly so far as I have ever observed.

There's nothing about the mystery-delays that I as a mod-maker can do -- the changesmade by Firaxis to the game's controlling source-code in determining when a player should receive the pop-up for a tech or civic are what cause the mystery-delays.

Gedemon's YnAEMP re-jiggers player starting locations, eliminates starting settlers and then re-creates them, etc., etc., which is both necessary for the YnAEMP system to work properly and is the cause of the compatibility issues between this mod and YnAEMP.

15. JustNilt

JustNilt Chieftain

Yeah, I knew there had been some odd issues here and there. Just finally bothered to pick up GS and came back to Civ for a while so I hadn't seen it recently myself. I tried doing a few more turns but got bored testing. I'll fiddle later and see if I can get it to resolve since I really prefer the maps in there. Thanks for the quick recap! :)

16. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

Would it be possible to have negative modifiers in any way, or is there a mod that could handle that?

17. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

I'm not sure if anyone has created a mod that gives for example all AI civs a negative set of Yield Modifiers, but it is certainly possible with the game's built-in Modifiers system. But this would be done in XML or SQL code and therefore would not be adaptable or dynamic. It's not the purview of this mod since being able to provide a truly adaptable and dynamic system that would implement based on stating the civ and % to be applied would require a pretty hefty bunch of code to create both on the XML/SQL side as well as the lua side.

I would look over what is on the Steam Workshop if you are looking for something that would be applied to all AI civs or that would only be applied to any human player, since that is much easier to accomplish and only requires XML or SQL code. The % would be static, however (ie, baked directly into the XML/SQL code) and would not be dynamic unless you directly edited the Amount values given in such a mod every time you wanted to adjust the % amounts used.

MAHRana likes this.
  18. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

I was thinking about something like a colonization style scenario where the European civs would have a tech bias, though this mod can do that by giving each civ the relevant tech boosts

19. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

Would it be possible, btw, if the mod could specify starting stats on relations? For example suppose I wanted to create a game where the Mongols would have a negative relation with China from the get-go, would that be implementable in the mod?

I have to say the mod works really well. I can use it in conjunction with the historical start dates mod, Gedemon’s map, and a few other mods and basically have a light Rhyes and Fall simulation!

20. Bracks72

Bracks72 Chieftain

Thanks for this mod! However, I am unable to get it to work. I followed all of your instructions and edited the file, saved. I started up the game, closed it. Started up, and set up a game, after clicking start and loading about 15 seconds later it says it was unable to create a game due to a mod. I disabled all mods except yours and it failed. I enabled all mods and disabled yours and it ran. Can I send you a copy of the file I made so we can see if there is an error in the code? I do some programming myself and haven't spotted anything. Your help is much appreciated!

Attached Files: