Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
TT-- If we wait, what will happen is Arabia will grow huge, and thus become even BIGGER and STRONGER if we attack. Ragnar's army will have returned, and as you've said, he'll not sit on his hands while we enclose him.
If we wait, we are doomed.

If we attack now: Arabia is still trying to pacify the Russian cities. Ragnar's army is yet to return. If we attack now, there is a greater chance of succeeding.

And your right about the cities being impossible to hold. That's why we should raze them.

That is just ludicrous.

Why attack cities only to raze them? Its a tremendous waste of time, money and manpower.

We can build up using smaller wars against Poland or Viking and keep our tech advantage, then we have a solid base to strike from so that we can defend the cities we take.

Arabia as you say, is still trying to pacify their Russian holdings, so they are not suddenly going to shoot up to level us in technology.

We consolidate our European and Russian holdings and we will be in a much better position to go after Arabia than we are now. We will have rails to transport reinforcements fast through our own territory or to temporarily retreat to protect vulnerable holdings, plus the machine guns to defend more effectively with lesser numbers.

You promise war with no profitable end. You promise a war where our men die and yet we gain nothing but ruins of cities razed to the ground which we could have kept if you weren't so blind to practicalities.

Will arya clarify these remarks by Aysee? Do you support a war against Arabia where you raze cities because you weren't prepared to wait and strike when you could keep them?

Hmmm sounds like there are clearly divided lines this election... I urge Arya and Twinkletoes to try to come to some agreement for a Sane Patriot viewpoint! We aren't the overbearing Imperialists and their lapdog the Insane Warmonger Party. Both sides can reason through this and come to a compromise if they try.

We could take both Moscow and the Toaist Holy city thus blocking of the east... we may find out that the Arabians are not even prepared to make peace at that point, at which i'm sure the Sanity-Green Alliance would support extended action to get them to see reason, yes?

PS - What's the countdown on the end of the election?

Edit: On the razing of cities. It can be seen as a psychological attack to bring people to the table when all else fails. If Arabia isn't humbled by us taking their land they will be humbled by us escalating global warfare to a new level. No-one has yet razed a city to the ground.

TW Ravus is right. Wuld you possibly consider a merger? Our short term goals dont differ THAT much. We could compromise on the expansion part. Maybe moscow, and yakutsk (taosit holy city) then make peace? Then as Ravus says, if they still wont accept peace, then we go and either raze or capture another city.

Our tech path is virtually the same.

We both support communism.

And the solution to the Irish question isnt too different either. We release the khan, but he rules over Ireland as its a part of the new united kingdom to reunite the lost english peoples. Only together may we stand strong.

The uses for the great people are the same.

And the expansion is more or less the same. The only thing was, i planned on warring in russia and arabia longer before turing to Ragnar.

But you must understand: Ragnars army is in India, and on its way back. At the moment he is unlikely to attack as we have a much larger army, and if he does, we can draft to gain time. Look at how much POP our cities have. 2-3 recoats from each city would result in a monstrous defense force. And soon we will have rail;roads, and we have enough workers to create a MASSIVE rail network.

I would also be willing to make either you or WIM vice prez. But bear in mind its doubtful either of us will win if we dont combine.

I am not against the idea. I shall send you a PM so we can negotiate away from any prying eyes!

Let us see if we can unite.

I am supportive of the coalition.

@TT- you don't burn cities for rational causes. You burn Cities cuz itz :cooool:

@Ravus- hey, if you read our description
We support a strong economy
we don't beleive in nothing but war, we just think war is the most Efficiant and Pragmatic way to advance our nation. I also agree with burning cities for physocological effect, It shows we are :cooool: and we have FIRE!!! :devil:

For obvious reasons (try and guess :p) I don't support any new coalitions being formed. Remember the disaster that was 'unity'

DT
Holy FIRE!!! :jesus:

PS: there should so be a fire smiley, I can't really put :devil: after the word holy can I?

Do you think we may be able to end this tomorrow? Negotiations for a coalition are going well, but TW may not be able to respond soon enough.

Also DM, Unity was a coalition that got all the votes but FIVE. Basicly EVERYONE was in unity besides LMP and jokers. In this case, 2 coalition would be forming in order to stop a different coalition from winning, and this other coalition is way more powerful than the jokjers and LMP votes before.

I agree with the coalition. And I say that my earlier comments were my own ideas and may not represent the viewpoints held by my party and/or coalition.

Request for extension?

@Arya- who's DM? :p
I am comparing to unity not because i expect it to be another unity, but because of my political situation. It should be obvious that my main goal here is to win the election. If we do, then all the running RP's would Have me in the Admin!!! :D

DT
Delaying Tactics :(

My bad DT. Typo.

IT'S WORKING!!!
Now youve wasted time that could have been spent negotiating apologising. Ive only gotta keep you talking to me for a few more hours to win!!! :p

If you want to waste more time, I'm on Chat :)

DT
Delaying Tactics :)

TW is not on. So we arent actively negotiating. I need to wait until he gets on and respoonds to the PM i sent in order for negotiations to advance. Therefore, your tactics are in vain.

Oh well :(
You're not negotiating, which is kinda the point, so I don't really need the tactics :D

DT
Crusader for the Cause :jesus:

I'm on now. Can't access chatango but gmail or msn is fine if you prefer chat over extended PMs.

I only have an hour or so before I need to go to bed however!

I just want to say that there should be no reason for an extension of elections. That's too easy to abuse.

And, no, I'm not just saying this because I stand to lose. Didn't this issue come up before, anyway? Or am I thinking of something else?

I just want to say that there should be no reason for an extension of elections. That's too easy to abuse.

And, no, I'm not just saying this because I stand to lose. Didn't this issue come up before, anyway? Or am I thinking of something else?

I think the best compromise to this would be to say that the election cannot be extended - in the sense that no more votes can be cast. However if no party has a majority of votes there should be a time for discussion of coalitions so the majority ends up ruling.

I think that stops it being abusable without causing problems for coalition negotiations when the partners are around at different times most of the day.

Official ending of Election is in a hour and half... Seeing as Twinkletoes has to be gone by then looks like the Negotiations will need to be quick to have a chance at working...

I support the official deadline as it should be sorted by then and i don't want people saying we won by bending the rules or asking for an extension.

I havn't heard from Arya! Where did he go? Has he left in the middle of Negotiations? we have 30 minutes...

If he has then options become even more limited. The only way to stop Imperialism spread would be for a party to leave their colaition and join another, the IngSoc's could withdraw from the Patriots and join Green-Sanity to push Twinkletoes into power... But Aysee gave his word to help Arya get into power. Which is hard to do when he is not here. The Greens could pull out and join Patriots but they want the most peaceful leader possible which is Twinkletoes.

Well time is ticking away. Unless something happens or someone makes a choice...

This could be the end...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom