Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Greek would be much of an issue. If anything, by attacking Arab, we are solving possible future issue. If Viking declares war, we already have troops near their front door. If anything, it won't be possible for Viking and Greek to consolidate their troops because Greek will be busy due to our troops on the other side. We should be able to count on our vessel Germany as well to make sure Greek is kept busy.

I vote Imperial Party and IMWP as well (turn up the song "Imperial March").

Imperial Comeback!!!
8 VOTES FOR WAR-IMPERIAL!!!
Only 7 I hear you say? Well no longer, when I vote IMWP!!!

DT
Finally Voting Again :D

You over-estimate our military capacity. You expect it to be so simple as to send our stack marching further and further afield chasing the Arabians for goodness knows how long and that our fronts will be secure?

The railroads aren't just going to spring up by themselves! It will take worker turns beyond this presidency for them to bring back the Arabian army at the speed needed to respond to any frisky activity by Ragnar, so they will be left too far away to respond in the quantity we need.

Before we even should consider marching into Arabia, we need a stable, secure and undivided empire with the infrastructure to pull the troops back quickly to respond to new threats.

You all assume that Ragnar is just going to sit there and let you bottle him in by taking all the best land around him and not take advantage of a critical weakness? It is sheer lunacy and an unsurprising response from parties who too easily get caught up in the red mist of imperialism.

Arabia's best chance of harming us is to let you keep coming at them now. We push full military and our other rivals will catch up, rather than picking our wars carefully and responsibly so that we always have a secure base to attack from and is easily defensible.

You may well win the Arabian battles, but I have great fear that you will lose the overall war against our other rivals by this merry desert adventure.

You make it sound like I'm proposing to march into the Arabian heartland. :confused: All I've said is that we should take the former Russian cities that are adjacent to St. Petersburg, especially since two of them are Holy Cities with Shrines. It just so happens that these are under Arabian control right now.

Spoiler :
I'm not going to assume that Ragnar is going to sit on his hands. But a few upgrades and a few drafts should ensure that he can't take any of our cities before we have a chance to reinforce them.

It has been agreed: The coalition between Imperial and IWMP is the Holy Britannian Alliance.

Edit:
Spoiler Solicitation :
Apologies in advance: I couldn't think of any other way to get the word out quickly. I was thinking of setting up a Play By E-Mail game among any of the RP crew who is interested. Civ 4: Beyond the Sword. I know a few of you are already interested. Just send me a PM within the next week if you're interested or have questions.

OOC: Does anyone know what’s happened to MN? Also, LH could you update the front page please? That would be greatly appreciated.

:D

Election Summery:
The Last update is on Post #8811 & Election ends Monday evening

Twinkletoes has managed to forge a fast coalition and the election has turned into a 3-way vote. Each Coalition is now made up of 2-party systems with the unaligned parties, Veternari and Co-Op, and The Independents able to have more say over events.

Both the Imperial-War Coalition and the Green-Sanity Coalition have made clear their aims for if they get into power.

The Patriot Coalition Leader has not yet given a public declaration, but the strong IngSoc-Joker Alliance means they are still winning by one vote.

Election Concepts:
Here are some concepts that the Presidential Candidates should state their aims and thoughts upon.

Spoiler :
Government Spending
Science vs Money - With our clear tech advantage we could try to gain a even larger lead or cut back a bit to upgrade all out units

Economy
Capitalism vs Communism - The Final technologies are nearly there so the next leader must make a choice. Do we support communism with its free state and large land. Or Capitalism with it’s corporations and money.

Military
War vs Peace - Although we hurt Russia we have not hurt the Arabs… they will not talk to us about peace until we bloody their nose. But do we do just that? Or try to drive them all the way back to the middle east before we talk peace?

Ireland
Indepence vs Vassal vs Ally vs Rebels - Do we let Ireland stand alone with the risk that it falls once again to a foreign power? Do we demand they bow to us in servitude yet also protection? Or do we try to bind them to us as equals, through a Defensive Pact or Alliance? Do we bring them into our war? Or do we tell them enough is enough, that they are English not Irish and tell them they are a separate peoples no more?

Foreign
Intervention vs Isolation - We saw during Aysee’s term the flaws of concentrating on one target. While we stared down the Norse Vikings the Arabs declared war on the Russians and Indians to claim their holy cities. They claimed the Buddhist holy city and Capitluated Russia, but India managed to force the Arabs into a Cease Fire. (Most likely through the Aposalistic Palace) The Egyptians bowed to Shaka. The Americans became Christian and the Eastern Korea and Japan went to war. Thus what shall we do this time?

Technology
We are at a point where every tech helps. So which will you go for?
Democracy gives us civics and a wonder,
Communism gives us civics and a free Great Spy,
Corporations gives us it’s namesake and a +100% Gold national wonder,
Physics gives us Spy Airships and a Great Scientists,
Railroad gives us the possibility of Mining Inc. Railroads with x10 movement and the perfect defence in Machine Gunners,

Great People
Scientist & Engineer & Merchant
We soon have Corporations, Representation and a few wonders coming up. Will you found corporations pursuing capitalistic aims? Settle them with Representation? Quickly Grab a wonder?

Expansion
Manifest Destiny vs War with Primitive Natives vs Peaceful Colonization - We can expand continuously to the east till the Great British Empire stretches from shore to shore. Or we can strike a boundary in Asia then turn our eyes elsewhere, either to the primitive natives overseas or too unclaimed land elsewhere to create colonies around the world.

Politician Votes:
Ravus = Jokers & IngSoc
Aysee = Jokers & IngSoc
Mechaerik = Jokers & IngSoc
Twinkletoes = Sanity & Green
Dukeblackstone = Sanity
Fellow = Sanity & Green
West India Man = Sanity & Green
Gruekiller = Jokers & IngSoc
NinjaCow = Imperial & War
DemTaqat = Imperial & War
Whosit = Imperial & War
Ono-Neko = Imperial & War

Parties:
Jokers = 4
IngSoc = 4
Sanity = 4
Green = 3
Imperial = 4
War = 4

Coalitions:
The Patriots (Jokers / IngSoc) = 8
Current Candidate = Arya
Current Views = Not yet spoken

Green-Sanity (Green Party / Party to Restore Sanity) = 7
Current Candidate = Twinkletoes
Current Views = See Full Post #8839
  • Spending = Technology
  • Technology = Railroad, Physics & Communism
  • Economy = Communism
  • Military = Moscow then Peace ASAP
  • Ireland = Returned to Khan, but bound to us in some way.
  • Foriegn = Secure the Empire, then turn eyes to The America for future expansion.
  • Great People = Engineer for Statue of Liberty, Merchent for money trip, Scientist for Settling
  • Expansion = Secure Europe, Sail to America

Holy Britannian Alliance (Imperial / War Party) = 8
Current Candidate = Whosit
Current Views = See Post #8855
  • Spending = Technology & Minor Money for Upgrades
  • Technology = Railroad, Physics, Communism & Aim for Industrialism for more Military Techs
  • Economy = Communism
  • Military = Push back the Arabs, Secure the Empire then continue pushing as long as we hold Military Supremacy.
  • Ireland = Independence for Khan, Not Vassal-hood.
  • Foreign = Focus on our Arab Enemy. Play nice and keep an eye on Ragnar and other Rival Powers (E.g. Shaka). Befriend Americas.
  • Great People = No Corporations, Settle or build the Scientist, Send Merchant overseas, Use Engineer for Statue of Liberty or Pentagon
  • Expansion = Expand via our conquered enemies land first. Only then when the threat is removed turn expansive eyes elsewhere.

-

PS: Aghhh! Arya you are meant to be trying to be President! The Election ends tomorrow! We need both your Manifesto and your votes!

PPS: I believe Mathnerd seems to have dissapeared into the ether... he may not know that the election has started up. The same with Captain Fargle... If thats true then this complicates matters as it really is now a 3-Coalition Race...

SORRY GUYS!

I didnt have access to a computer on friday (school then i was over at a girls house) and yesterday was the first playoff game for my football team. Took up all day and i was too exhausted to get on. Im back now though! FOR THE PATRIOTS! FOR ENGLAND!

I vote Jokers and Ingsoc with the manifesto coming soon.

I am here today to speak to the people of our glorious nation, ENGLAND! The only democracy on earth, we must stand strong in these times of internal and external strife. We must show other nations they cant pick on us. We already showed Rome that. We are nearly done showing Russia that. Now we must show Arabia that.

But war is not the only issue today. How about government spending? Yes, i know most of you are worried about going into debt like that nation you here about over the ocean. It wont happen. I wont let it! There is no need for mass upgrading of our troops. We will continue the current plan of slowly upgrading them as time goes on. The older units can hang back in the meantime and make sure we have decent defenses against vikingdom and Greece. We must alos keep funding those scientists that wish for government spending. We must stay ahead of our enemies.

Communism is the next great phase of our nation! Look at all those farms throughout our lands, those mines, those workshops, where workers are opressed. We must stop this inhumanity! Support going red and white!

Now we come to the war in the east. We have already inflicted great losses on the arabs in numbers of men, yet their hordes still come. We will have to advance eventually. My plan is to make an offensive to capture in order: Moscow, Yaro'slavl, Yakustk, and Orenburg. Then we may decide whether to continue into Arabia itself or not. I would propose that we didnt, since as TW says, we would be leaving ourselves open to attack from the vikings and greeks, especially once we get Moscow, the Buddhist Holy city. We must limit our expansion. In the long term, we will need to unite all of europe under one banner to stand strong against others. Only this way may we expand over to other continents to take the land of inferior enemies and to convert more people to our glorious faith.

More to come later in part II of the speech. Must go to church and pray (Literally. LH I have my own Christian girl now. Yay. Lol.).

I could support most of that plan. However I feel Yekaterinburg is more important than Orenburg. It will block of arabian reinforcements similar to antium in the roman war, although slightly less efficiantly. It will keep the enemy from reinforcing russia, which we could then take with ease before doubling back and either heading deeper into arabia or seaking a new target. [closed] Ragnar/Alex :viking: [closed]. However other than the war plan it looks okay to me, and I hope you will awnser the rest of Ravus points In the next part of your speech, so I can see what I think of them. Currently your Ideas are very close to my own.

DT
Crusader for the Cause :jesus:

I merely want Orenburg so we can eliminate russia from the game before it can rebuild under protection from Arabia. Otherwise, yes, yekaterinburg seems like a more strategic value target. But since that will likely come in the late stages of my term should i be elected, if in the upcoming term at all, we can argue about it later. Are you okay with the order of taking cities besides that?

Speech part II coming soon. Bear in mind i have to catch up on other things like IOT and RP2 as well.

OH!!!
I didn't realise Orenburg would be their last city. :D
In that case its more of a question. I would still go Yekaterinburg forst because its closer to our army, besides, as long as russia exists then Arabia won't vasselize to somebody else. Still, taking Orenburg Quickly does make a lot more sense now.

Also: Thank You Celticfury!!! :D

DT

Unless they have another city somewhere that LH has neglected to mention...perhaps on an island somewhere, or farther east in siberia. But to my understanding, those two cities in russia are their last cities.

I am here today to speak to the people of our glorious nation, ENGLAND! The only democracy on earth, we must stand strong in these times of internal and external strife. We must show other nations they cant pick on us. We already showed Rome that. We are nearly done showing Russia that. Now we must show Arabia that.

But war is not the only issue today. How about government spending? Yes, i know most of you are worried about going into debt like that nation you here about over the ocean. It wont happen. I wont let it! There is no need for mass upgrading of our troops. We will continue the current plan of slowly upgrading them as time goes on. The older units can hang back in the meantime and make sure we have decent defenses against vikingdom and Greece. We must alos keep funding those scientists that wish for government spending. We must stay ahead of our enemies.

Communism is the next great phase of our nation! Look at all those farms throughout our lands, those mines, those workshops, where workers are opressed. We must stop this inhumanity! Support going red and white!

Now we come to the war in the east. We have already inflicted great losses on the arabs in numbers of men, yet their hordes still come. We will have to advance eventually. My plan is to make an offensive to capture in order: Moscow, Yaro'slavl, Yakustk, and Orenburg. Then we may decide whether to continue into Arabia itself or not. I would propose that we didnt, since as TW says, we would be leaving ourselves open to attack from the vikings and greeks, especially once we get Moscow, the Buddhist Holy city. We must limit our expansion. In the long term, we will need to unite all of europe under one banner to stand strong against others. Only this way may we expand over to other continents to take the land of inferior enemies and to convert more people to our glorious faith.

More to come later in part II of the speech. Must go to church and pray (Literally. LH I have my own Christian girl now. Yay. Lol.).

Why white? IIRC, historically, the anti-communist movement has taken the color white.

WAIT! Looking again neither city is their capital, so they have to have another city somewhere. In light of this discovery I think that Yekaterinburg is definately the better target. I also echo Mech's sentinent, where did white come from?

Another Point to make is 'I think we're in the lead!!!' :D

DT

WAIT! Looking again neither city is their capital, so they have to have another city somewhere.

If you look very, very closely, at the right edge of the screen, you can see one "arm" of the star for the Russian capital. South of Orensburg, northeast of Yekaterinburg. It would be a bit of a march.

-Whosit "Eagle Eyes"

And Thank You to Celticfury for your support! :goodjob:

And here I am, back to talk to you once more! Some of you have sent comments to my secretary already about PART I...please do so more often! I need your comments in order to form a better plan. Maybe i missed a detail. Maybe i missed an opinion. Either way, continue. Comment away.

Now where were we? I believe i was about to talk about Ireland. Yes this is a tricky, and touchy, subject. President Aysee has set up a council of 3 Irishmen and 3 Englishmen to rule until we can come to a level headed decision on what to do, once this wave of war rolls over us and we are at peace. Some wish to give it back to the khan, no strings attached. Some wish to see it english again. Now i fall under the second category, my apologies go to the great Khan for it. But i have no wish to see our nation torn in two due to such a small issue in the greater scheme of things. So one of my advisors brought a plan to my attention. A compromise that i wish to implement, whether during or before the war is over. The plan is simple: We become a UNITED KINGDOM. The Khan keeps his autonomy, with the KRF becoming a military defense force for the island, and the khan keeping administrative rule over it as the governor of Ireland. This plan however goes beyond Ireland. It would split up Britain into semi-autonomous regions, Gaul, England, Scotland, Ireland, and Iberia. Then Italy, Russia, and Germany can be implemented in time once they become English enough.

OOC: This would be roleplay. Basicly we annex Ireland in the game, but we install the Khan as the 'ruler' of the island, sort of like the united kingdom today is split into nothern ireland, england, and scotland. What are your thoughts? This plan is in the infancy stages, but i thought i would reveal it so that we can start working towards a compromise to be implemented in the future. To my knowledge, no other candidate has offered up, or even attempted to offer, a compromise in this area. Please dont react badly to this and start yelling at me to pick a side to the arguement. Im trying to make most people mostly happy instead of a few fully happy here.

Back to the speech. To our foriegn policy, the policy that will most likely affect us the most this term besides the war decisions. What shall we do? We have a besieged and damaged India that could be a powerful ally should we help them. Christianity has spread to the americas. Should we plan on expanding our faith over there?

Yes, we should, but not right away. Right now we need to play nice with the norse (OOC: We keep them neutral, and take out poland and vikingdom later, possibly giving the khan some land to rule over in scandinavia if he wishes, or creating a puppet to administrate those vast regions.). We should also pursue a policy of agression with out enemies. Arabia needs to be pushed back, but not too far so we dont overexpand ourselves. Egypt has been vassalized. Shaka is the power in Africa now. My plan is to hold him off by converting Carthage to christianity no matter how long it takes. Hopefully we can vassalize them in the long run, or get a true ally here. germany must continue to be a vassal. We should also see how strong the nations in the americas are, so we can prepare for easy land over there. We dont really need to worry about japan or korea at the moment. Am i missing anyone?

Onto technology. I think we should go Railroads-communism-physics-democracy(OOC: Shouldnt we get this one for free since we already use democracy LH?) Not much else to say on the matter. We need railroads and the communism system. Physics opens up important techs. Democracy gives a good wonder.

Our great people need something to do. I will leave what to do with these people up to the plan for the second part of the term so we can see how other things play out, but i would like to send the merchant out on a trade mission, settle the scientist to create an academy, and use the engineer to speed up a wonder.

And with expansion, i am close to wrapping this up. I know this has been a long one peop[le. Tray and bear with me.

We have a chance to go to the pacific ocean through land warfare. Should we? NO! That land is near worthless. our settlers would starve in the tundra. It would be a nightmare. It would be much better to grab the european area of russia, and some of Arabia, then turn to other routes of expansion. Such as the Americas. Settle some cities there, colonize some cities around the world to keep strongholds of influence. Maybe even take out some primitives in the New World, although that is a decision that has yet to have been made.

Now i ask all you Germans, Irishmen, Englishmen, Iberians, Gaulians, all English citizens. Who do you want as your president? Me? I have already proven my competence in a previous term where the Iberian Jewel was built up and made into a powerhouse, and we strengthened our nations defenses enough to withstand a first strike from Rome. Twinkletoes? Yes he is a rising star in politics, the voice of 'reason'. But in my opinion, not that i think TW would make a bad president, but i think he is too cautious. we need to take an opportunity when we see one. Whosit? Yes he has been a great president in the past. He has had several terms of success. But they have also had several failures. Bad precedents, among other things. I wish them luck, and hope if they get elected, they will do what they think is best for our nation. But i hope you think the same as me. I hope you think i am better for England than they are. I hope you think i can lead this nation to the next level of greatness, I hope you think i can make us THE world power on this great Earth of ours. I have the support of the Pope. Now i am asking for the support of the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom