Recount?

CavLancer

This aint fertilizer
Kinda biased, but here tis...

If the recount happens and the 7 percent difference is found to due to fraud, rather than those areas just happening to be Trump supporting areas, there will be a loss of confidence in the US election system.

From the Independent

"The money will allow Ms Stein to review the results in Wisconsin, Michigin and Pennsylvania, where concerns have been raised over irregularities with electronic voting results.

Each of the states voted narrowly in favour of Donald Trump (though the final Michigin count is still to be confirmed), and carry enough electoral college votes between them to change the result of the election if all were redeclared for Hillary Clinton.

A team of computer scientists said they had evidence to show Ms Clinton's vote was 7 per cent down on average in Wisconsin counties where electronic voting machines are used."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...on-states-wisconsin-hits-target-a7435896.html

Nice. I knew that USians wouldn't want their 2-year election circle to end :)

I don't mind that, but isn't it a bit ludicrous to pose Stein (?) as the person triggering this? She won't gain anything herself, and i suppose only a candidate could ask for a recount, so why didn't Hilla do so if she believes this happened?

Hillary attacked Trump for stating that he may not accept the result. If she now turned around and did not accept it, well pot kettle. She may be happy with this development but it may not help her. What if they find there was fraud but not enough to help her win.

Well, yes, but it still doesn't explain what role Stein is playing. Doesn't it look like some sort of puppet?

Don't know if there was fraud. At this moment nothing would surprise me anyway, although we all know that Hilla is genuinely unpopular anyway (as is Trumps)

Well Stein would prefer Clinton to Trump, so she is not a puppet. But I would bet most of the people funding the recounts do not support her.

Hillary attacked Trump for stating that he may not accept the result. If she now turned around and did not accept it, well pot kettle. She may be happy with this development but it may not help her. What if they find there was fraud but not enough to help her win.

Not that I personally think any of this recount business has merit, but wouldn't proof of fraud mean that she would be accepting the actual result?

Remember how much we loved the Florida recount in Bush/Gore in 2000? Yeah, a recount across four states where it's not just that it's close but that fraud is alleged would make the hanging chad fiasco look positively quaint. Ain't gonna happen.

I see this as an opportunity. The left will need people who can count and as it happens, I can. 1-2-34-56...oh my, they'll pay me a million of that, easy. Hope they don't recount the recount...

If the recount happens and the 7 percent difference is found to due to fraud, rather than those areas just happening to be Trump supporting areas, there will be a loss of confidence in the US election system.

Wait, there is existing confidence in the system? How?

Wait, there is existing confidence in the system? How?

In the government? No, not really.

In our electoral system and the legitimacy and non-fraudulency of their results? Unquestioningly.

Yeah, this is stupid and obviously won't affect the election results. It might be a fun way to get back at the Republicans for doing similar BS in the NC governor's election, where they clearly lost by a recount-proof 6500 vote margin but are of course alleging fraud. But ultimately this will just make the Democrats look bad unless they successfully distance themselves from the effort and portray it as a Green Party thing that they had no hand in.

In other Green Party news, thanks to Californians, Stein has officially crossed the big 1% barrier. :banana:

Well looking from here in the UK the USA looks like a democracy with some flaws. The UK has flaws too.

In the democracy index on wiki, Economist Intelligence Unit , the USA scores 8.05 out of 10 rank 20 in World (UK 8.31 rank 16)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index

Freedom House USA score 90 (UK 95)

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2016/united-states

The EIU doesnt disclose there methods, or at least not what experts they use to determine there numbers. Further, they base there numbers off of five categories, which seem to have more to with participation rather then actual laws or policies. The firm I used to work for would occasionally use the index as a quick way to reference stability for long term investing, which judging by the parent corporation is more its focus.

For example, theres some wierdness in there recent numbers. They rate Russia a 3.31, while palestine gets a 4.57. The most recent index is here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index

Well looking from here in the UK the USA looks like a democracy with some flaws.

From up here in Canada my perspective is that Americans seem to distrust their system quite a bit. Maybe I'm misinterpreting what I'm seeing but the country as a whole seems jaded with how it's set up and how it seems to benefit a select few

I think that prominent Republicans in all of those states are on the record of claiming rampant voter fraud going on in their states. Here is a chance to prove they are right.

Yes, lets re-count and prove that Hillary also lost the popular vote do to millions of illegal aliens voting.

Heard somewhere that the military offshore vote doesn't get counted if there are not enough to change the outcome state by state. If its true it would take a lot of offshore votes to change the outcome in, say, Texas. No, you don't really have to say 'Texas'.So add that to...btw, how does an illegal alien get to vote?

Top Bottom