Recruiting for 6 player FFA, set time, days flexible

It might be worth it to try in about 23 hours, then, since there are already 5 of us who've posted who can make it then.

If your steam name is different from the name you're posting under here, please post the steam name we can find you under.

Also, for a 'place' to meet, the civplayers.com steam chatroom (look for a link on the left side of the main page) is useful. I'll check there tomorrow night.

This may be a bit rushed, but who knows, we might get a game up and running, too. That would be sweet.

I suspect we'll do better to wait for daylight savings to change everywhere. For example, for Tabarnak, tomorrow would be a 3am start....

I'll get on at the time to see who's on...but let's call it a trial run.

You talk about wednesday right? I'm in if i start at 3am(until 5 am, not more).

The official time is what it has always been, 8pm here in New Zealand.

Tabarnak, I believe it is your 'wednesday' night--although if you're speaking absolutely I think for you the start time is 3AM Thursday your time / 'wednesday' after midnight.

A little over four hours away.

Like I said, this is quick, and it's a bit of a trial run--but if we do have 6 players, we'll get started.

When i say wednesday it's the day for everyone. Wednesday at 3am, so it's wednesday 8pm for you guys.

Since you play around 8pm, there is no way that other players can play from another day(Days begins somewhere in the Pacific ocean just before Hawai).

It's Thursday already here. When we play, 8pm local time, is in 105 minutes.

The convention I'm used to is that a new 'day' starts at midnight. Maybe you're used to something different.

P.S. if we have anyone in California or Hawaii, they'd be on a different day from us. Brenador would be one of those, if he were to join us, after the daylight savings switch for him.

This may be a useful link for you 'foreigners'. Look for Auckland to see the time in New Zealand.

Thanks for the link. That is in fact what I use to keep things straight, by setting up a 'personal world clock' with cities of all the players. :)

It's Thursday already here.

Oops, that's right. I will be around. For me, it's always wednesday but in fact it's not lol

I think it's midnight for Bren. Barely the same day. So yeah the day begins on the west coast of America if it's always 8pm for you...until daylight changes.

I had a bad start (my fault) and want to play Deus Ex more than Civ these days, so while I'm happy to continue the game, I'm also happy for someone else to take over if they like. It's still quite salvagable.

Nice one, guys.

We've started a 6 player, standard sized pangaea map, balanced resources, full CS, barbs and huts on, as follows:

Onan - France
the oob - Rome
RedRob - Arabia (thanks again for filling out the numbers, Rob)
Tabarnak - Egypt
Alistair Cookie - Greece (random, everyone else picked...tho zalta claims he consulted the I Ching to pick his civ)
zalta - China

Events
Short war between Rome and Egypt, some turns after Egypt built the Great Library on turn 40 (nice one, T). From what I could tell the Roman Legions were the aggressor, but were met with Egyptian Iron, and peace broke out fairly soon.

The Chinese built Bamboohenge about turn 58.

How are Thursdays for a weekly night for everyone? Do we want to pick up another session before then? I can do any day except Tuesday. Post up when you can play and let's see what works.

Looking forward to the next session. It's nice to have some room, for a change.

Thursday won't be doable for me starting next week, since we're moving on to winter time and it'll overlap a lecture of mine. I can still do Mondays and Fridays and weekends of course.

Tomorrow(friday) is ok for me.

Short war between Rome and Egypt, some turns after Egypt built the Great Library on turn 40

In fact i built the GL before war occured. I barely had time to connect iron. Standard speed made this part really tedious!(took 8 turns from IW discovery to hook it).

Any day is fine for me for the next week. I will be away though over the weekend of November 12th. I am also a fan of slipping in sessions whenever possible.

Monday sounds good. Work for Rob? (oob seems to be his forum secretary ;) )

Tab, oui, c'est ca que j'ai dit, la guerre etait juste apres tu as construit le Libraire Grande. Excuse my french. :)

Top Bottom