Red Alert-first version

I played with the English for just a couple of minutes; some things I noticed:

- Is it supposed for the English to start with Yaks? Aren't they the Russian aircrafts?

- I can only build Spies and APC from start; is it supposed to be this way? IMHO infantry should be available from the start.

- In Portugal, Faro is a much more important city than Lagos and Porto should be smaller than Lisbon.

- I don't know about Red Alert's fictional world, but I think in 1949 some cities in North Africa and Middle East were still European colonies, but still, not sure about that.

This looks like a great scenario! Excellent work! :)

I downloaded this and it did not work, I did not even see it anywhere in the game! I really want to play this I am a RA fan. Any advice?

Hi I havent be there about 3 months. Whats a problem? Can you explain it more?

I downloaded this senario, I get an error messgae saying it can't load something. It think it is something to do with grapichs for units. I used the link at the end of the first post (RA.biq). I would like to play this senario. It looks awsome.

Wow.. as if I only just found REDY's Red Alert scenario now! I've been on the hunt for Civ scenarios relating to C&C and Red Alert so this is cool. It's quite similar to @Commodore 's much newer Red Alert 1 Civ3 scenario too.

Amazingly the very old downloads still work however they're old http ones which some browsers are rejecting now, the files are all broken up and require manual setup of unit folder. So I've combined them all together and tested it with my disc install of Civ3 (steam users will be fine too as there's no label files) and it worked! Looks pretty cool! It appears fully playable but just missing a bit of polish (eg pedia & build icons, more custom units etc). Shame @REDY didn't continue work on this and go on to that RA2 sequel scenario.

I've repacked with 7zip (down to 8MB) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've now edited the original thread post's download link for this mod to link include this incase people have troubles with the old ones (although I'll update them to https too).
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/RedAlert.7z

Biiiig battles coming...
upload_2020-10-24_3-28-17.png

Last edited:
Its very nostalgic to see my 16 years old posts and its very heart warming that somebody in 2020 because his research made effort to make my scenario work.

I am proud of my cities work. I was really geographic fanatic back at time and I think that I put the cities and and cultural borders great, at least in Eastern Europe. It should have been great map for some interwar Europe scenario and I think that actually I have created one and Red Alert scenario was the byproduct. I loved Red Alert 1 because it was alternative history where Hitler did not happen but I still wanted put more civs to use main strength of Civ III and also show that allies were not one nation but rather nations with one common goal. From current view I see that because lack of arts and programming skills its neither Red Alert scenario nor historical scenario.

I am more proud on my others scenarios and mods, but it seems that all links there are dead. So thank you for this one:)

Last edited:
Its very nostalgic to see my 16 years old posts and its very heart warming that somebody in 2020 because his research made effort to make my scenario work.

I am proud of my cities work. I was really geographic fanatic back at time and I think that I put the cities and and cultural borders great, at least in Eastern Europe. It should have been great map for some interwar Europe scenario and I think that actually I have created one and Red Alert scenario was the byproduct. I loved Red Alert 1 because it was alternative history where Hitler did not happen but I still wanted put more civs to use main strength of Civ III and also show that allies were not one nation but rather nations with one common goal. From current view I see that because lack of arts and programming skills its neither Red Alert scenario nor historical scenario.

I am more proud on my others scenarios and mods, but it seems that all links there are dead. So thank you for this one:)

Ah cool! You're still here REDY haha. Normally when I find these treasures the modder and their files are long gone!

No worries man, you probably saw in my mod hunt post that I'm doing a youtube video series so I'll definitely be covering your work! Did you ever see any C&C Tiberium universe based scenarios back in the day? I've had no luck finding any sadly!

Yeah I was super impressed with sheer amount of stuff you packed in mate. Huge map, so many cities and countless armies. Would have taken aaaaaaaaages!!!!

If you're a big Red alert universe fan then the Civ2 scenario I'm working on might interest you (even if it's being made 20 years too late haha). I decided to base it on the New York mission from Red alert 2:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...nario-mod-pack-for-civ2.646728/#post-15647111

Last edited:
Wow, this is very impressive.

Top Bottom