1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RedoFish another world

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by kenwyn, Mar 2, 2013.

1. kenwyn

kenwyn Master

I did? Don't know why. Damn Diplo is often hard to use & understand.
    Finally figured out we have to hit <Return> after typing text into bottom box for it to be saved in upper box, which is what accompnies offer(s).
    Tho at times, seems like part or all of what is just typed in lower box gets transmitted = ?? :confused:
    Re-offer... i think?

2. kenwyn

kenwyn Master

HBHR... U'v uploaded a file that is a redo/change of your last turn.
    U must delete any previous "Sent to_____" created file BEFORE finishing the redone/changed turn.

One can always self-chek the file-to-be-uploaded... just open it. It prompts U for YOUR p/w, it needs to be redone. If can't get in because it's prompting for next player's p/w = correct file to upload.

Pls redo turn after deleting the uploaded on your computer.
    I am not sure if Tracker will accept now tho. Pls attached here using "Advanced" posting option &/or email to Count1.
    :rockon:

3. Count1

Count1 Warlord

Ok, we're moving again :thumbsup:

4. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

HBHR it's over 155h...

5. kenwyn

kenwyn Master

Any1 know of HBHR's situ?
    He is WAY overdue... & this is beginning to be a pattern. :mad:

I'll advertise for a replacement?

6. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

Can I have a look at the save to see what is going on? Another chilled game is what I'm looking for really :)

7. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

We would need admin to hack HBHR's save from here and email it to you with a resetted password...

8. kenwyn

kenwyn Master

He responded to email i sent.
    Claims sent it to Count1 + several other rude comments. :(

If he does not explain/comment here in public about what's going on, soon, i'm OK to replace him.

Let's give him a chance? Count1 a chance?

Really Evil: thx 4 interest. I will give him/them a chance to explain & get us going again. :scan:
    Altho, U seem 2 B a very good player... perhaps i should advise for a nube. :dubious:

9. ReallyEvilMuff

ReallyEvilMuff King

No worries, if you don't need a sub you don't need a sub.

And thanks for the compliment, although from the games I have played I am no better than other players in here... If you would prefer a different sub if and when you need one I understand :p

10. Count1

Count1 Warlord

Think it was me guys - I played the move and must have thought I'd uploaded it.

Apologies all round

11. HBHR

HBHR Chieftain

Just for info on the other players, i copy-paste the kenwin's mail and my answer...

Ken Wyn
    6:59 a. m. (Hace 14 horas.)

para mí

Traducir mensaje
    Desactivar para: inglés
    Come on... U R jerking around 5 other players by not even bothering to quit (or better yet,PLAY).
    Your reputation = sh*t as far as most of the players are concerned.
    Be polite = resign officially or take your turns like a man. Stop acting like a little kid.
    KenWyn, game admin

Ken T, MBA, ChFC, FRC
    Livin', Lovin', Laughin'
    Gold Country, CA

Andy <hbhr01@gmail.com>
    7:21 a. m. (Hace 14 horas.)

para Ken

WTF with you Kenwin...you always insult me without to know anything
    I send the save to count1 a week or more time ago...why you dont insult to count1?, you moron
    El feb 9, 2015 6:59 AM, "Ken Wyn" <krtfun@gmail.com> escribió:

Ken Wyn
    11:44 a. m. (Hace 9 horas.)

para mí

Traducir mensaje
    Sorry; However, why does Tracker show it is YOUR turn & has for days.
    & Why don't U read CivFan thread? U will also see other players asking why & where U R.

If another player is the prob, bust THEIR balls* & not let it/make it come to me, the game admin(or any other GA) to do so?

So why isn't Tracker correct? If Count or anyone else is the holdup, tell him, tell the others, & tell me(or any other GA) BEFORE i have to waste my time & create negative energies.
    We await your action... on the thread pls or straight to Count.
    * unfortunately, i'v had to goose others too, in this game & others i'm GA... incl'g Count1.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    second email chain:

Andy <hbhr01@gmail.com>
    31 de ene. (Hace 9 días.)

para Paul

Hi, Paul, i'ts your turn.

Best regards....
    Área de archivos adjuntos
    Vista previa del archivo adjunto RedoFish_AD-0325_to_Count1.CivBeyondSwordSave

RedoFish_AD-0325_to_Count1.CivBeyondSwordSave

Paul
    1 de feb. (Hace 8 días.)

para mí

inglés
    español

Traducir mensaje
    Thanks Andy

Sent: 01 February 2015 03:11
    To: Paul
    Subject: Redofish save

Hi, Paul, i'ts your turn.

Best regards....

Andy <hbhr01@gmail.com>
    7:23 a. m. (Hace 14 horas.)

para Ken

Just by you info... Big assho*e
    ---------- Mensaje reenviado ----------
    De: "Andy" <hbhr01@gmail.com>
    Fecha: ene 31, 2015 10:10 PM
    Asunto: Redofish save
    Para: "Paul" <paulbrend@btinternet.com>
    Cc:

Área de archivos adjuntos
    Vista previa del archivo adjunto RedoFish_AD-0325_to_Count1.CivBeyondSwordSave

RedoFish_AD-0325_to_Count1.CivBeyondSwordSave

Ken Wyn
    12:01 p. m. (Hace 9 horas.)

para mí

inglés
    español

Traducir mensaje
    and... Tracker still says it's on U.
    + go read Civ Fan thread
    YOU investigate & FIX this. YOU created it.

& ENUF with the name-calling crap! Get some sleep. Get laid. Get high. Whatever it takes, but Get OFF this Game Admin's back.

Ken T, MBA, ChFC, FRC
    Livin', Lovin', Laughin'
    Gold Country, CA

I send the save to Count1 the 31 of january... but Kenwin don't tell nothing to Count1... his/her problem is with me... why Kenwin? what is your problem with me? is not the first time you insult me without reason.
    PD: I don't see problem with Count1 taking looong time to play... sometimes Kiwitt, Kenwin, Sinimustra etc take longtime to play (holiday, travel, real life issues) and don't happen nothing...repeat, whats is your f****** problem with me, Kenwin?

BTW, you post in replacement thread about this game, are you leaving us? i'll answer you very soon, but you continue busting my balls, why? what is your business?

PD2: To forum's admins: Sorry, but obviously Kenwin is attacking me for no reason, repeatedly, so i can't keep silent.

12. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Livin', Lovin', Laughin' ... and busting balls, or so it seems. :eek:

We had much worse cases like with Tachy or Monster or endolvelico. Those guys do not communicate, period. Somehow negative communication feels better than no communication at all while playing, isn't it paradoxical?

GPS... My crazy Celtic warriors continue the war with technologically more advanced Portuguese of HBHR !:spear:

13. kenwyn

kenwyn Master

Groan.
    We are using TRACKER. PBEM Tracker. Get it? :hammer:

EVERY player uploads the game file after completing YOUR turn. It tells U whether or not the file was successfully submitted. If so, automatically, without fail, the site updates who has the turn file as well as sends file via email to next player.
    Real simple. Real fast. No exceptions, unless that VERY useful site is having a problem.
    If so, report it immediately: To site's admin email. Then to other players & game admin here. Via these threads that EVERY player is expected/committed to cheking & reading in a TIMELY manner (say at least every couple of days).
    If U had followed these very well established procedures, we all would have been enjoying this game/adventure for the last 2 weeks instead of waiting in the digital dark. Culminating in this pissing on each others boots contest!
    We all have better things to do than this. & as Game Admin'r i have the additional joy of having to do the checking & "motivating"!
    Hell, if this had been a real operation or a real war we'd all be fired or dead by now. :yup:

Noted: If there is a language problem/difficulty i am sorry. Say so. I & other English-speakers will be more conscientious in our writings. (I admire & am amazed how anyone can learn such a stupid, illogical, inconsistent language that was not born into it.)

Now... Just do it correctly everybody, every time, in a timely manner. :mwaha:
    If not, go find another playground.

14. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Another Portuguese Longbowman bites the dust after brilliant combined attack by Celtic chariot and Gaul warrior!

15. kenwyn

kenwyn Master

Good stuff. We luv the "newsreels"! :popcorn:

On the other hand... has ANYONE gotten my in-game diplo notes/messages/Q's?
    I know the sytem = not-easy-to-use, but SOME sort of response would be polite/appreciated.

Meanwhile... this world has started to be interesting & fast again. :woohoo:

16. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Portuguese Elephants are invading Celts! Elephants are scared :)

17. kenwyn

kenwyn Master

Thanks for war front update. :thumbsup:
    My stray worker reports seeing a rather interesting little scenario over there.
    Naval battles & now landings(!)?

?How is the view/news from your perspective, HBHR?

18. HBHR

HBHR Chieftain

Hi, the war is very interesting, but pitifully i can't continue playing :sad: RL issues. I'll send my pw (if necesary to Kenwin).

19. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

^^ Oh, sorry to see you go :( I was just getting ready to resist Portuguese invasion... Hopefully we can find replacement soon!

20. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

Too bad. :( We should advertise in the replacement player thread. I think it can be said that the civ is in good condition.