• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

This is a gigantic map and I have not found one Expert Seal Hunter native village. Is Expert Seal Hunter supposed to be available?

Occasionally, a new treasure is invisible as the following shows (using SVN 742 regular DLL). It stayed invisible after being moved. I don't know if it would continue to be invisible in future turns because the natives stole it and also disappeared (I guess the treasure wasn't invisible to them):
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

Image graphic when meeting the Navajo is not right. It looks like the chief is off to the side as only part of the image is visible. This partial image moves about but you can only see the left edge of it. The rest is just a red background. This is using SVN 742 with the regular DLL:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

This is a gigantic map and I have not found one Expert Seal Hunter native village. Is Expert Seal Hunter supposed to be available?

It should be sometimes.
(And I am almost sure that I have already seen it.)

But I will check again. :thumbsup:

Edit:
XML configuration is correct.
It is simply relatively rare.

This is using SVN 742 with the regular DLL:

I will check. :thumbsup:

But 2 important questions:

A) Did you clean your caches after switching to revision 742 ?
B) Did you start a new game after switching to revision 742 ?

Edit:

I also recall that there had been reports about issues with leaderheads (especially backgrounds) on wide screen resolutions.
What resolution do you play with ?

During my last game, I found the following issues I'd like to report:

1) Iroquois offer me to buy native mercs for 2800 gold. I have 3000 gold. I should have 3 options: a) Buy for 3000, b) That's too expensive, we give you half of that, c) No thanks. I only have options b) and c) available (Does buying mercs at half price eventually anger natives?)

2) The king offers me to buy a bishop for 2280 gold. I have 5000 gold. I should have 2 options, buying it or decline it. But I don't have the option to buy it; I can only select the option that I don't have the money to buy it.

3) I've been at war with the English for a long time. A message of the king says that from a request of the king of England, he orders me to stop war with the english. Right after, I have auto-peace with the english. And in my capital, a Famous Noble Man and two Statemen appear (of course, they were most welcome).

4) While I'm at war, I've been attacked by enemy sloops only. I haven't seen enemy frigates, corvettes or ships of the line. With 4 ships of the line and a couple of frigates I can easily rule the seas. Is this related to the difficulty level? I'm playing explorer difficulty.

5) My capital was built next to a seals resource. Over time, the colonist I placed in the seal resource changed to a master seal hunter (learning by doing). If I place an expert hunter over the seals resource, I have the same benefits as the seals hunter. If I move the seals hunter to another city and place him over a fur resource, he's got the same benefits as an expert hunter.

6) When I moved the seals hunter to another city, when it came the time for a colonist to graduate in my capital, he can graduate as a seals hunter, but the original seals hunter isn't there.

I'm currently playing with release 1.1.

1) Iroquois offer me to buy native mercs for 2800 gold. I have 3000 gold. I should have 3 options: a) Buy for 3000, b) That's too expensive, we give you half of that, c) No thanks. I only have options b) and c) available (Does buying mercs at half price eventually anger natives?)

2) The king offers me to buy a bishop for 2280 gold. I have 5000 gold. I should have 2 options, buying it or decline it. But I don't have the option to buy it; I can only select the option that I don't have the money to buy it.

Sorry, but that is how the DLL-Diplo-Events work, they are precomputed at the end of the previous round.

If you "accidently" happen to get to Europe Harbour or another Event happens in between, the DLL-Diplo-Event cannot know that.
(Possilbe answers might not fit anymore.)

Long known issue we don't have a solution for yet. (Might look into this again, if I find the time ...)
Nothing serious though.

And yes, trying to buy Native Mercs for half price might anger the Natives.

3) I've been at war with the English for a long time. A message of the king says that from a request of the king of England, he orders me to stop war with the english. Right after, I have auto-peace with the english. And in my capital, a Famous Noble Man and two Statemen appear (of course, they were most welcome).

That is how this event works.
You accept, peace is made and you get the units.

What is the issue about that ?

4) While I'm at war, I've been attacked by enemy sloops only. I haven't seen enemy frigates, corvettes or ships of the line. With 4 ships of the line and a couple of frigates I can easily rule the seas. Is this related to the difficulty level? I'm playing explorer difficulty.

Probably.
Play higher difficulty levels if you feel the game is too easy.

But we will also try to improve European AIs for the next releases.
A lot of things will happen in the next releases considering Ships anyways.

We are really still in the middle of development.
The mod is playable and will be very stable and quite performant with Release 1.2 but it is still far away from a final release. :)

5) My capital was built next to a seals resource. Over time, the colonist I placed in the seal resource changed to a master seal hunter (learning by doing). If I place an expert hunter over the seals resource, I have the same benefits as the seals hunter. If I move the seals hunter to another city and place him over a fur resource, he's got the same benefits as an expert hunter.

I will check and correct. :thumbsup:

Edit:
Could not find a problem about that in our internal revision.
(Maybe it was already corrected. :dunno:)

6) When I moved the seals hunter to another city, when it came the time for a colonist to graduate in my capital, he can graduate as a seals hunter, but the original seals hunter isn't there.

That is normal also.
We did not change the education system.

A) Did you clean your caches after switching to revision 742 ?
B) Did you start a new game after switching to revision 742 ?

Edit:

I also recall that there had been reports about issues with leaderheads (especially backgrounds) on wide screen resolutions.
What resolution do you play with ?

For every revision, I use a new folder with entirely new files, i.e. just the files downloaded for that revision. I always start a new game when switching to a new revision. I do have a wide screen monitor so normally play with resolution 1920x1200. I no longer can access a save game for the invisible treasure. The Navajo graphic glitch was in another game. I have accessed a save before meeting the Navajos. I played that save with both resolutions 1024x768 and 1920x1200. The problem did not re-occur. Since it's not consistently reproduceable, you may not be able to investigate further. However, I will be on the look out for this and other graphic glitches.

Here's the meeting with the Navajo in 1516 with my new game using resolution 1024x768. As you can see, no graphic problem:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

And here is the meeting with the Navajo in 1516 of my new game using resolution 1920x1200. Again, no graphic glitch, so the error is not consistently reproduceable:
Spoiler :

For every revision, I use a new folder with entirely new files, i.e. just the files downloaded for that revision. I always start a new game when switching to a new revision.

That is great. :thumbsup:

But do you clean / delete the caches ?

1. Please type %appdata% in Windows explorer.
2. From there go to "Local->MyGames->Colonization->cache".
3. Delete everything you find in there. (It will be regenerated once you start a new game.)

I do that with every new revision.
Due to the heavy speed of changes in our mod, that is something all team members and partners should do every time they start a game with a new revision. :thumbsup:

Experience has shown, that not doing so will often result in small issues as you have reported.
(At some other point when you then start a game with that same revision again, the issues are then usually gone.)

Thanks for the information you cite here and what you sent by personal e-mail. I will respond by personal e-mail to the questions you asked in your e-mail, but it will be some time before i have a chance to do that.

For the error I'm encountering see attached screenshot; it happens on viewing any Profession in the Pedia.

I did erase the mod and then reinstall the current version from SVN and did delete the cache. I wonder how it could be that it only happens to me? :confused: I'm using Windows Vista if that makes any difference. I also set HidePythonExceptions = 0 in ini.

Just wondering, because it could be my system, or a problem with v1.1

Anyone else getting a lot of crashes of R&R?
I've had 5 crashes since I started playing it yesterday.

(and I've never had Civ4 or Col (or TAC) crashes)

(and I've never had Civ4 or Col (or TAC) crashes)
The 1.1 version did have CTD problems, but these look significantly improved for the next release thanks to the efforts of Ray, Schmiddie and Robert as well as input from Isabelxxx.

Don't worry, the upcoming Release 1.2 is soooo much more stable and performant. :)
(It will be released this weekend.)

Please understand, we are still in the middle of our development.
The mod is no "final version" yet. But it gets bigger and better every week. :)

Orlanth wrote in post #652 above:
For the error I'm encountering see attached screenshot; it happens on viewing any Profession in the Pedia.

I did erase the mod and then reinstall the current version from SVN and did delete the cache. I wonder how it could be that it only happens to me? I'm using Windows Vista if that makes any difference. I also set HidePythonExceptions = 0 in ini.

I checked the colopedia with SVN 758 using a DEBUG DLL and cleaning the cache beforehand. I use the default settings for the ini file so did not set HidePythonExceptions = 0. I am not getting the error message that Orlanth got, but I get no entry for any profession! I tried at least half the professions using both resolutions 1024x768 and 1920x1200. Now there are 14 other categories in the colopedia and I do get entries in all those other 14 categories, so only 'Professions' is giving me no entries. I don't think I accessed this category previously so I don't know if this is a new problem.

Here is a screenshot trying to access the profession entry for Lumberjack. As you can see - there is no image or text provided:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

By the way, I'm using Windows 7 64-bit.

The bug with the Colopedia for Professions is fixed. :)
(New revision available in SVN.)

@orlanth:
Thanks for reporting. :thumbsup:

Alatari said in post #641:
Playing with SVN 759 (which will be incorporated into release 1.2 due this weekend), the first village my first scout visited offered an expert seal hunter, so it does happen:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom