[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

There isn't any "logic" in their choice

There is some logic invovled.
It is based on XML balancing of the Yields and not purely random.

However it does not consider something like evolution over time.

All you can currently do is to control the chances that a specific yield is chosen as "most desired yield".
(Every time you trade "most desired yield" with the natives, a new "most desired yield" is chosen.)

The logic could be changed of course but I don't think it is necessary to change it.
To my opinion, the system is fine as it is.

Edit:
I will ask a moderator to move the posts for this. :thumbsup:

So this mod has Banana bonus and Coconut bonus, both adding 2 food to the SAME Jungle terrain feature growing on SAME :)confused:) base terrain (savanna). Now, when one clears the Jungle the resulting tile does not enjoy any additional food boost from from Banana anymore, which made sense to me -- all the Jungle is chopped down, no more Bananas from the trees. However clearing a Jungle with Coconut still preserves extra two food bonus. This is a little inconsistent with the Banana situation :banana:

Banana's should be put in plantations :p
Assuming they can't be put there already

Banana's should be put in plantations :p

I must disagree.

The concept of growing Bananas in plantations was not known until moddern times.

In these days nobody would have been interested in "Banana Plantations" because it was simply impossible to export Bananas to Europe since this tooks months and there were no cooling systems in the ships.
(Bananas would have been rotten until arriving in Europe.)

There is some logic invovled.
It is based on XML balancing of the Yields and not purely random.
Oh! I wouldn't call that logic. But I understand what you mean :lol:
All yields aren't equally probable.

However it does not consider something like evolution over time.
No! I doesn't. You're right! :goodjob:

The logic could be changed of course but I don't think it is necessary to change it.
To my opinion, the system is fine as it is.
I understand. It would probably be a lot of work for not much results. However, Dazio warned me already about this system. He told me that in small maps some yields would almost never appear (in small maps there are to few native villages). :dunno:

But yes, I'm sorry Crazy_Ivan80, but this isn't our top priority. But thanks again for your feedback. :goodjob:

Edit: Corrected my post. I meant "Aren't" (not "and")

All yields and equally probable.

Sorry, but that is not correct.

See <iNativeHappy>.
This does influence the chances for "most desired yield".
(They are not all equally probable and some are never considered at all if <iNativeBuyPrice> is negative.)

I will eventually check the balancing here again. :thumbsup:

Not quite sure if this is the right place for this question, but is there a way to have certain goods not be sold on the domestic market, even if there is demand? For example, I bought 30 Cloth in Europe and shipped it to my main city to build a Wagon Train. However, because the city demands 1 Cloth, the stockpile keeps shrinking and I cannot build the Wagon Train, even if I 'purchase' the Wagon Train (I presume goods are sold on the domestic market before they are used for production). Is there a way to stop goods being sold on the domestic market? Thanks. :)

Not quite sure if this is the right place for this question, ...

Yes, it is. :)

... is there a way to have certain goods not be sold on the domestic market, even if there is demand ?

Currently not.
Maybe at some point the Domestic Market Screen will be enhanced. :dunno:
(Currently it is only informational.)

For example, I bought 30 Cloth in Europe and shipped it to my main city to build a Wagon Train. However, because the city demands 1 Cloth, the stockpile keeps shrinking and I cannot build the Wagon Train, even if I 'purchase' the Wagon Train (I presume goods are sold on the domestic market before they are used for production).

Thanks for that info. :thumbsup:
(I will try to take care of that problem.)

Actually to avoid problems like this, I have tried to separate Yields for Domestic Market from Yields needed for Production.
(But in case of Cloth, there is an overlap. But it should be easy to get rid of this problem.)

Why did you remove me ?

I suppose you are talking about access to our SVN ?

Well, our rules for access to SVN are clear and have been communicated.

We give access to the following groups of people:

1. Modders that are really working on an own project.

This is because we hope that we can improve cooperation between modders.

2. People from community that really show that they want to get involved with us.

Regularly reporting bugs or helping to test new features or helping to improve texts or creating maps or writing strategy guides or ...

Basically we are giving people a chance and see how things work out.
For some time we simply take a look and see if they are really interested or not.

If they even get strongly involved, we will probably give them full Team Membership.

--------

Continuous access to our SVN is to be considered as a reward for:

1. Contributions to the CivCol-Community by creating mods or features.
2. Continuous and valuable contributions to our project.

It is something that is earned.

If you want continuous access, then get involved and stay involved.
(Or contribute to community or our mod to such an extent, where we feel that you have earned access "for life".)

--------

We have not heard or seen a lot from you for quite a while and you never really seemed interested to actively get involved in our project. :dunno:
(You had access to our SVN and the chance to get involved for months.)

If you honestly consider your involvment with this mod, when was the last time you did contribute in some way ?
(Reporting a bug, thorough testing of a new feature, creating a map, improving some text, writing a strategy guide, ...)

Giving people access to our SVN if they do not participate any more, would simply be unfair towards others that do not get access.
It is the same rules for everybody, sorry.

If we feel that you really want to get involved, we might eventually give you access again.

Please understand, that this is nothing personal. :thumbsup:

Simply playing and sometimes giving feedback is not enough to justify continuous access.
(Sorry if there was a misunderstanding about that but I thought I had told that clearly.)

Also don't worry, we are trying to bring out Release 1.2 as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

Hello Ray, I was wondering, how do you use the Seaway feature in RaR. I have not been able to set a point in the map, when I can make my ship sail from Europe to the New World.

It might be a good idea though... :goodjob:

If we will ever get the sources of DoaNE, we will definitely take a look at them and discuss which features we will adapt. :thumbsup:

Great mod but I'd like to make a suggestion. Can you change it so if you right click on one of the immigrants on the dock have it go to their colopedia page as opposed to hurrying the immigration?

Follow up question I haven't bought any military units from the king or from Europe and he is -14 drain on my military why is this?

Can you change it so if you right click on one of the immigrants on the dock have it go to their colopedia page as opposed to hurrying the immigration?

It would be technically possible, but I somehow don't like that suggestion.
Mixing ingame and colopedia like that would destroy a little bit of atmosphere for me. :dunno:

Follow up question I haven't bought any military units from the king or from Europe and he is -14 drain on my military why is this ?

The king simply feels threatened by your growing military, because it makes it more likely that you might declare independence.
He might also consider military you have built yourself or muskets, cannons and horses stored in you cities or even ships.

Great mod but I'd like to make a suggestion. Can you change it so if you right click on one of the immigrants on the dock have it go to their colopedia page as opposed to hurrying the immigration?
Hum... :hmm:
I don't even know if that would be easily done :dunno:
For now, if I'm correct, most python functions treat left and right click as one same entity... So we would have to change these function. Unfortunately these are hard-cored... So I don't know if we could do this...

Hey, what is the difference history wise between the stagecoach and the carrier. I am not sure how to represent this in the history section of colonopedia.

Hey, what is the difference history wise between the stagecoach and the carrier.

I really don't know. :dunno:

This is something we got from TAC.
(I don't know about the discussions then, because it was before I joined the TAC team.)

I will take a look if the German Colopedia entries tell a bit more. :think:
(For elements we got from TAC they are usually still a bit better than the English ones.)

Edit:
The German Colopedia Entries are identical as well.
So I do not know what could be written in colopedia from a historical perspective.

I'll think of something then :) I am trying to get rid of some of the duplicate entries.

Top Bottom