[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one commented this part:
Robert Surcouf said:
About Mills as improvements. In my opinion some terrains or combination of terrains/features are let's say difficult to exploit. Marsh/Hills, Tundra/Hills, Deserts, Desert/Hill. On those terrains (maybe I've forgotten some), you can easily boost your ore production (building a mine on a hill), but it is sometimes quite impossible to get food, if I'm correct.
So yes, my idea was to add food (quite logical!) instead of ore on these plots.
I must agree Ray things are quite balanced now. However there are still plots where you can't build improvements or just one... :dunno:
Anyway that was the idea.
:dunno:

I thought that the mills will be buildings of the cities, no improvements?

Yes, I have already finished it.
(Just uploaded it to SVN.)

And I have implemented them as buildings.
(It is nothing more than a nice small addition, with no problems at all to be expected.)

I thought that was ok for everybody. :confused:

So what shall we do ?

Could we please leave it like this for Release 1.3 ?

I really don't want to have any risks messing up AI balancing for building improvements at the moment.

Currently we have the problem that the animation of the graphic will not work inside the city since in vanilla civ4 it is an improvement and needs a settler on its field....

Another small new Addition:

Catholic Priest

Replaces "Firebrand Preacher" for the Catholic Nations.

Currently this is more about atmospheric aspects.
But it is actually also part of / preparation for our "Religions: Protestants and Catholics" concept.

Graphics have been made by Schmiddie. :goodjob:

Should we also add a Russian orthodox priest for Russia?

Should we also add a Russian orthodox priest for Russia?

For the moment I have just renamed "Catholic Priest" to "Devout Priest".
That would be ok for me. :dunno:

Is this a special unit for Russia or did you rename the catholic priest for all?

It is the same Unit for France, Spain, Portugal and Russia.
I just renamed it to "Devout Priest" so it fits for all of them.

Robert Surcouf said:
About Mills as improvements. In my opinion some terrains or combination of terrains/features are let's say difficult to exploit. Marsh/Hills, Tundra/Hills, Deserts, Desert/Hill. On those terrains (maybe I've forgotten some), you can easily boost your ore production (building a mine on a hill), but it is sometimes quite impossible to get food, if I'm correct.
So yes, my idea was to add food (quite logical!) instead of ore on these plots.
I must agree Ray things are quite balanced now. However there are still plots where you can't build improvements or just one... :dunno:
Anyway that was the idea.
Still no comment... :(

I've got some help from Aeterna with the French translation.:king: I'll update the new files soon...
We'll add him to the credit list.;) Thank you Aeterna! :goodjob:

Still no comment... :(

I had already told my personal opinion about adding further improvements. :dunno:

I'll update the new files soon...

Please update to the newest revision first. :thumbsup:
(There have been quite some changes in XMLs related to text.)

We'll add him to the credit list.;) Thank you Aeterna! :goodjob:

Sure. :)
Could you take care of the Credits in XML then ?
I would take care of the Credits in the posts.

@team:

After playing a bit (for testing) I think I would rather have Road and Plastered Road requiring to be built one after the other. :think:

Meaning, you first have to build Roads before you can build Plastered Roads on a Plot.
(Basically Plastered Roads being an upgrade of Roads.)

Currently you can build both right away.
(So it is just a question of which investment you want to make.)

Feedback ? :)

Edit:
I would have the code already ready.

@team:

After playing a bit (for testing) I think I would rather have Road and Plastered Road requiring to be built one after the other. :think:

Meaning, you first have to build Roads before you can build Plastered Roads on a Plot.
(Basically Plastered Roads being an upgrade of Roads.)

Currently you can build both right away.
(So it is just a question of which investment you want to make.)

Feedback ? :)

Sounds good to me.

@team:

New revision available in SVN. :)

1. Improvements to Map Generation considering Placement of Natives.
2. Some small general code improvements
3. Changes to Plastered Roads as mentioned here.

------

I suggest all team members get the new revision and start a new game, when playing / testing. :thumbsup:
Otherwise, enjoy the vacation. :)

Edit:
During the next week I will do some relaxed testing and finetuning of things I notice.

Do the Russians start at the west coast of the New World?

No, currently they start on the east coast like all others.

Having them start on the west coast:
  • Would have them automatically fulfill the Quest "Discover the Pacific". So it other Europeans never have a chance to fulfill that Quest.
  • Would not work on some scenarios anyways, if they are created to have only East Coast.
  • Would be a quite a bit of implementation effort due to the new "Randomized European Staring Locations" I had implemented for TAC.

So maybe it might be implemented at some other point of time. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom