Not open for further replies.
To all Civ4Col modders and fans:
Merry Christmas!
Fröhliche Weihnachten!
Joyeux Noël!
:xmas::snowcool::snowcool::xmascheers:

Originally Posted by Robert Surcouf View Post
Still no comment...
Well, I agree it could have been nice to have Mill as a choice for making food on Hills. However, the work's already been done to implement as a Building so I don't think it would be undone at this stage. I do like the idea of having a few rare or special Improvements like Monasteries/Forts which you can only build once in a 1 or 2 tile radius. In Dune Wars, having some improvements like this really made strategy more interesting.

After playing a bit (for testing) I think I would rather have Road and Plastered Road requiring to be built one after the other. Feedback?
Yes. That sounds like a good plan.

Hi Folks,

I hope you all had a very nice Christmas!

I made a several autoplay games today and every time I had a CTD after 100 - 150 rounds - regardless of which nation or map I have tested.

I have not analyzed this in detail until now, but I think we need even more tests before we can publish Release 1.3.

I have checked the graphics of Russia. (Using Worldbuilder)
They work fine. :thumbsup:

I have checked all graphics of our 6 New Native Nations with Dummy-Units.
They work fine. :thumbsup:

Also I had 2 Autoplay Sessions with 200 rounds (1 Mapsize Large, 1 Mapsize Gigantic).
No problems. :thumbsup:

So I don't know where the problem might be. :dunno:

@Schmiddie:
If I could get a savegame, maybe I can find out something.
(Current revision, directly before the crash, Mapsize "Large")

Edit:
Now had 2 additional games with 200 rounds in Autoplay without CTD or other problems.

Edit 2:
I had been playing with England in all 4 Autoplay sessions.

Edit 3:
I always play with resolution 1024x768.

Here is my savegame:

Sweden
Map: Large
Current revision (61)
CTD after next round (1576)

Attachments

• TEST_Schweden2.ColonizationSave
    296.8 KB · Views: 57
@Robert:
The Domestic Market Overview looks great. :goodjob:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 170
"Now available:

Release 1.3 (download at Infracta)"

Thanks so much for all of your work!

Thanks for the kind feedback. :)
Our team is happy that there are a few people that like our work.

Enjoy playing and modding. :thumbsup:

Today I saw a film about american whaling and it's tremendous significance for the economy of New England, the colonies and the United States.

Example: One of the conclusions of the film was, that almost the half of the income of some of the colonies in New England on the eve of the revolution came from whaling.

I'm thinking about the price of (whale) blubber in our mod. Maybe - also to make whaling more interesting - it would make sence to increase its price a little bit?

Yes, I'd agree with increasing the price a bit. :goodjob: I know many people have been requesting that.

Especially if Blubber gets more valuable, I think it might be nice to have at least a little variation in where Whales are located, making it more of an interesting challenge to hunt them. In reality they of course migrate frequently and aren't perpetually found in the same spot.

On the other hand, I know people don't want them to be hard to find or frustratingly far from their whaling port. Perhaps Whales can be made more frequent in the open ocean (about on average one per 4 to 6 tile radius, so they're never too far away), but have a Whale disappear after each successful hunt by the Whaling Ship and appear somewhere else. That way you'll have a unique challenge of actually "hunting" them like in real life. :king: Or, if that's too frequent of a change, perhaps I could even try to use an Event to make Whales disappear or reappear occasionally when hunted.

What I would like to see is a use for the damn stuff in the game - like cannot build the Wheelwright's Factory without a supply of Train oil.

"From the 16th to 19th centuries whale oil was inedible and was used principally for lighting, lubrication and the manufacture of soap, textiles, jute, varnish, explosives and paint." - scran.ac.uk

Just my 2 cents worth

As some of you might know, I am currently programming new prototype features for my new mod Path to the Throne.

However, some of these prototype features are almost 100% complete and were originally planned for Religion and Revolution.
(A few graphical details like buttons are still missing, but I can do that as well, if there is interest.)

I am actually even programming them with Religion and Revolution as base.
Thus, they are ready to be used in Religion and Revolution.

One of these features:

Rebuild of Influence / Area of Influence

1. Influence is not generated by Yield Liberty Bells anymore.
Instead it is generated by a new Yield Culture.

2. Currently Culture is generated by:

A) Population of the City itself.
-> The larger the population of a City gets, the more Culture it produces.

Every 3 Citizens produce 1 Culture.

B) Some Buildings like Tavern, Market, Churches, Government Buildings, Schools
-> The better the infrastructure of a City, the more Culture it produces.

Some Buildings produce more Culture, some less.

3. It would easily be possible to even have a new profession (in a Building) associated with Culture.

I did not implement that because Culture is not useful enough in Colonization to spend a Profession to it.
(It mainly has negative effects, because other Civs will get angry by your cultural expansion.)

DLL however is prepared for such a profession.

Effects:

You will not expand your area of influence and thus get into trouble with Natives for producing Liberty Bells.
Instead you will expand your area of influence and get in trouble with Natives for your growth.

-----

@team:

Let me know if the feature is interesting to you.
I would upload it then to SVN.

I will keep you informed if other features are ready to go, that could be interesting for Religion and Revolution. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 91
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG