Repairing districts & improvements is so tedious

PiR

Emperor
Supporter
If I have a natural disaster, I need to focus the city on repairing for district buildings + a worker for improvements. That's fair. But why can't I click so that it will queue all repairs? :( :(

And if the natural disaster is a solar flare, the whole map is impacted, if I have many cities this becomes extremely boring.
Is the aim that the user won't repair it and give up on modern technology?

Any tip on how to handle this?
Otherwise I'll stop playing with disaster modes.

But why can't I click so that it will queue all repairs?
I assume you mean queuing the buildings that are apart of the district that got damaged? Probably for the same reason you can't queue all the buildings in district and have to add each one after you've built the prerequisite building - it's just the way the game was designed. Why is it like that? Who knows.

Yeah, sorry this question was rhetoric :) a bit late to influence this game's UX which is great in general

I'm asking in case there's a solution for it, maybe a mod or whatever.

There was a building queue mod that actually had some features mentioned here - I don't recall if it had the multi-repair option (but I think it did, at least it did allow you to queue buildings in the same district, so you could queue, for instance, Campus-Library-University-Research Lab). However, this mod broke the buy district promotion on Moksha/Rheyna, and I don't think anybody ever fixed that conflict, so ... :dunno:

And I agree, it is a really poor design of the games interface that we can't do this without mods.

Reactions: PiR
The worst I've ever had was in a Mali game where my core cities' production was keyed to a single cluster of holy sites with desert production adjacency. It got wiped out three times by sandstorms and with my production being wiped to almost zero took maybe a quarter of my game time to build and repair them...

At least they reduced the time taken to repair since then...

A little while ago I made a Mod (Commission) that helps a bit with District/Building Repairs, for anyone interested:
Rush Repair Projects
Basically, the Military Engineer can be used to rush up to 50% of the repair cost of a District or Building, consuming a Build-Charge for that. This also makes Military Engineers a bit more important than they are, especially outside Warfare.

Top Bottom