1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requests to the admin

Discussion in 'Civ4 -ISDG 2012' started by r_rolo1, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Ceiliazul

Ceiliazul Warlord

Thank you Plako! We also hope your services are not needed, but we are thankful that you are available if the need arises.

2. kjnoren

kjnoren Warlord

When I was logged into the game and started to chat with another team, I missed that focus was not on the chat window but on our main stack of units. When typing, the stack promptly moved in a way that is significantly damaging to not only us but also a third party.

Realms Beyond would like to request a reload to the latest "RealmsBeyond" autosave, logged 17:45 CEST.

More details are available to the game admin in our forum and on request.

3. plako

plako Emperor

Please pause the game. Are there anyone against the request? Please comment as soon as possible either privately or here.

4. OT4E

OT4E Warlord

Paused.
    No problem with reload from our side.

OT4E

5. plako

plako Emperor

When did the problem occur? It seems to me there has been several logins after latest RB login. It would be better to act immediately. Also which save you like to be used? Please remember to log in with different user name to prevent auto-save over write.

6. kjnoren

kjnoren Warlord

I think I said which save that should be used:

Handle RealmsBeyond, timestamped CEST 17:45. The misclick happened circa 18:00 CEST. Team RB hasn't logged in after this.

Yes, we are aware that several teams have logged in after the event, but one of them is among the teams affected by this.

7. plako

plako Emperor

Reload granted. Please pause the game after reload.

Some reasoning:
    * We've precedent where CFC was accidentally turned to AI and reload was granted
    * Misclick caused significant harm
    * Misclick didn't involve any battles or give any additional benefit to RB
    * No one has reported that reload would cause harm/benefit to them e.g. in the form of re-rolling battles

8. kjnoren

kjnoren Warlord

On behalf of team RB, I thank you for your prompt decision. Hopefully this is the last one such you have to make.

9. Inao

Inao Chieftain

Someone remove the pause but my team didn't replay the turn. So I request a reload.

10. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

There is still time on the clock for you to do this turn.

11. plako

plako Emperor

Please pause the game so we can sort this out.

Could someone verify the situation. Because of the mod there is a chance that some nations can't log in even if there are still time left. Is this the case here? Also 24h pause should have been in order. Please pay attention when logging in and playing your turn.

edit. There does not seem to be a good place to reload. Based on civstats RB has been capturing 2 citie after last potential save. That probably means handful of battles that would be rerolled.

12. kjnoren

kjnoren Warlord

I think your understanding is correct, Plako. The Univers and CivPlayers are not at war and can still log in and do stuff, but CivFr is at war with CFC and thus locked out from the game now.

13. Hulkmusclor

Hulkmusclor Chieftain

Almost all our moves have been canceled.

14. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Yes, tricky one.

Personally I would have expected more cautiousness and extra special care from a team requesting reload to leave the game paused after they play, so teams who must play play too can have this chance.

15. 2metraninja

CivFR are locked out of being able to play because the game was not paused and they are playing in the first half. Civstats was showing correct time left for those in the first half of the timer and it was clear they will be left unable to play.

16. plako

plako Emperor

CFC does not have sufficient trust level concernign my objectivity. I resign. You need new Administrator.

17. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Don't make a rash decision plako.

Also I have paused the game. :)

18. kjnoren

kjnoren Warlord

Thank you. I had just logged in to pause myself.

19. mzprox

mzprox Prince

I don't think 2metraninja critics was pointed at you, more like on the team (whoever was that) who hadn1t kept the game paused.

You are doing a great job, please stay!

20. 2metraninja

Of course I am not criticizing the admin decision. In our private forum I said long ago it was the right one. Who win or lose this game must not be based on misclicks, but who have better strategy/tactics/diplomacy skills.

Problem here is with RB not pausing the game after they play, because for example CivFR's ALL moves in this turn was undo.