Requests to the admin

In the name of cleaning up the mess I've been creating I'll give you my recommendation. You can do whatever you like with it. IMO fairest thing to do is reload from RB's save. It means rerolling quite a few battles, but it wouldn't be fair to CivFR to lose most of their turn either when they weren't given the 24h that was righfully theirs to redo their actions.

Actually I can see that RB has logged in afterwards so Inao's save is the next best thing.

"Realms Beyond" 's last autosave with space between the words will be good. Their next login is with "RealmsBeyond" without the space between words.

edit: I still hope Plako will change his decision and stay at his post.

Apparently aptmod could be disabled for a short period of time (Caledorn sent a messsage concerning this). If CivFR/Caledorn could arrange a time when both are available they could do this together and then enable aptmod afterwards. If this technically works, it would be superior to any other alternative.

Apparently aptmod could be disabled for a short period of time (Caledorn sent a messsage concerning this). If CivFR/Caledorn could arrange a time when both are available they could do this together and then enable aptmod afterwards. If this technically works, it would be superior to any other alternative.

This would work best indeed to not make another reload. I just doubt it will work technically. Maybe we must ask the Spaniards if it works like this?

I confirm that most of our moves where cancelled, and that no one in my team can log-on. A reload is needed before the timer elapsed for my team. The save matching the last time RB login as "Realms Beyond" (with a space, not "RealmsBeyond" without space) should do it. It's the last login before the mod automatically end my team turns.
Plako said:
CFC does not have sufficient trust level concernign my objectivity.
What does this refer to? If it is a private message you receive from CFC, I think it should be made public.

Concerning the aptmod disabled option, this need the approval of team CFC, as we may then enter cases of double turn move. It's also required my team approval, for the same reason (I have to ask Hulkmusclor if some of our moves may be cancelled by action of CFC done before us).

It could not be disable, but all info of turns are int the save so any reload would work fine
leaving the original time to the team thats was on his turn.
If it needed to give more time, the pitboss could be loaded with extra time and all team parts will have now the extra time.

Any way, aptmod.com emails and webpage could yes show inconsistent data as the web page did not know really that the save had been reloaded. But this is just a know problem of the webpage, not the mod itself

So, just as expected, no one can log in when it is not his part of the timer. It seems we need a reload to RB's autosave before they make the attacks.

Hey guys, I wanted to pop in and apologize for the latest confusion. Our normal turn player (for RB) was gone for a few days, so I was doing my best to fill in. I wasn't aware of the turn timer pause rule or anything, I just thought I needed to play to keep the game moving. Really sorry about this, it was a mixup in communication. :(

I'm not sure what the best solution is. If the only option is to reload to our login right before the battles, that's fine. We'd prefer that is avoided only because rerolling significant amounts of combat is not ideal, but if that's our only choice (sounds like it?), that's fine.

What does this refer to? If it is a private message you receive from CFC, I think it should be made public.

Team CFC has not made any comments on the matter. Some members, expressing their own opinions only in an internal discussion, were opposed to the way the reload request was handled. One member used the word "objectivity". This was cause enough for plako to resign.

Concerning the aptmod disabled option, this need the approval of team CFC, as we may then enter cases of double turn move. It's also required my team approval, for the same reason (I have to ask Hulkmusclor if some of our moves may be cancelled by action of CFC done before us).

Checking Civstats, I see no login from CFC except the one made by Caledorn when he did the original reload that I requested on RB's behalf.

So I doubt see no reason for why there might be an issue with that the game state will be different when you actually get the chance to play your turn.

Speaking strictly for myself, I am deeply sorry for the mess you and the admin team has been landed in. I think you in team CivFr, Plako, and Caledorn has handled this in a most courteous and dignified manner.

I see three login as CFC after the turn was automatically ended for civfr. Anyway, the aptmod can't be disabled, so the only choice to let my team play this turn is to reload.

Concerning the "objectivity" trouble, in my opinion a message from a single member on a team forum shouldn't be taken in consideration. No one can be approved for all of his actions by every one. In the demogame it only matters that the admin is officially approved by each team, which is still the case for Plako in my opinion.

If the mod cannot be disabled by shutting down the aptmod that runs separately from the game itself, then a reload seems to be the only option. But what save should I reload from? The original RB autosave is overwritten.

Don't you have a save under the name "Realms Beyond" (with a space) and another one under the name "RealmsBeyond" without the space? If yes, you should reload the one with the space (if it truly wasn't overwritten at the change of name login). If no, you should reload the Inao autosave, as it is the last previous save.

I'm 100% out. Please remove my access to all private forums. I've 0 intrest to follow this game anymore.

Okay. Well. If plako is serious about his resignation, we need a new admin. As my real life has been quite.. eventful ..lately, I will offer to resign as an active member of team CFC and take over as both host and admin unless another admin can be found quickly, or plako is willing to change his mind. I really really hope you are, plako, as I personally think you have done a perfect job so far. If you are not, however, the game is in serious danger of ending up dead at this point. We're in the middle of summer holidays in the northern hemisphere, and finding an admin right now can be difficult to put it mildly.

However, I can only take the position as admin if all teams give me their support and trust. I have several friends on team CFC, and it is vital to me that I know that noone will be prejudiced against me resigning from the team to take the admin position in that case. As you all know, both the job as admin and host are thankless jobs when things go awry, and I need to know that all teams trust that I do not give out any information to anyone.

So, unless plako changes his mind, then I suggest all teams report in their stance on my resignation from team CFC to take up the position as admin instead, for the remainder of the game.

Top Bottom