Resourceful mod. New resources for Civ VI.

Amatheria

Chieftain
RESOURCEFUL.jpg

This mod adds new resources to the game. All of them can be improved. At now there are 10 resources:

Improved by mines:

-Ruby: A rare luxury gem which adds gold.
-Platinum: A precious metal that adds gold and science.
-Quartz: A useful that has many uses around the world. It adds gold, science and faith.
-Lead: This metal adds pure production.
-Lapis: A valuable gem used by many civilizations. It adds gold, culture and faith.

Improved by quarries:

-Granite: One of the best rocks for both construction and decoration. It gives lots of production.
-Limestone: A common rock with many uses, from construction to art. It adds production, gold, culture and faith.

Improved by lumbermills (new design, not implemented in original Civilization VI)

-Oak: A nice wood for construction. It gives production.
-Sandalwood: This wood has many uses, from rituals to exquisite carvings. It gives gold and faith.
-Maple: A precious tree which gives maple syrup. It gives gold and food.

Here is the Steam Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889162746

Some pics:

Ruby

Civ6Screen0117.jpg

Sandalwood

Civ6Screen0119.jpg

Lapis

Civ6Screen0118.jpg

Oak and quartz

Civ6Screen0112.jpg

Lead

Civ6Screen0115.jpg

Limestone

Civ6Screen0114.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how you implemented improveability but I have some issues with duplicating builder actions for your resources.
There are showing two of them for the same action: one localized and one in EN.
20170323134545_1.jpg 20170323134547_1.jpg 20170323152937_1.jpg 20170323152940_1.jpg

Yes. At the moment I couldn't add new resources to the original improvements, so I had to make new ones. Also, the lumbermill is new, because it improves the resources, not the forest.

This is the first version of the mod. I still have to put the same adjacencies of the original ones.

Also considering update/insert of new beliefs should be on the to do list.
Your work is great! Keep it up! :goodjob:

Thx for a great mod Amatheria! I promptly subscribed to it on Steam.

May I suggest a few resources?

As a Finn, I´d like to see some tundra resources from the far north if possible?

Here´s a few ideas;

- Cloudberry (luxury, grows in marshes and a delicious berry if I may add)

- Mushrooms (grows in forests, a luxury)

- Peat (Marshes, production)

- Potato (bonus resource, grows also in tundra)

Also, have you considered adding manufactured/processed resources, such as;

-Vodka :-D (made by a vodka distillery building which requires potatoes within city radius)
- Other liquor types (Sake from Rice etc.)
- Beer

Manufactured luxuries, like;
- Electronics & computers (Silica resource &/or Gold?)
- Home Appliances (ppl demand washing machines :-D)

This would greatly expand the economics of the game and if possible the trade benefits from selling processed resources should be better than raw materials (make gold by buying resources and processing them?).

Anyway, Thx again for the great mod!

Icons are not displaying in the menu bar nor in reports accurately. See my attachments, but also in your own screenshots where it reads [Informes_E-Quartz] should be an icon, right. Can you do an update to fix this?

ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 13 19.05.gif
ScreenHunter_02 Aug. 13 19.05.gif

You are using CQUI. I still have to fix that with the modder. Without CQUI, mod works fine.

What a wonderful mod, Amatheria. Is there any chance you could consider decreasing the size/scale of your tree resources? They look noticably bigger than other trees in-game.

Top Bottom