Return of the sword

To everyone playing.

There is a decision that has to be made regarding the map. It will be green wheel but we have the following options.

1. Totally unmodified map. This will probably give 1 or 2 people a superior start. In the tests I did usually someone ends up with something like double corn double gems or double gold etc.
2. Slightly modified starts. Have someone to give roughly equal starts to everyone but not the same
3. Totally balance starts. Have starting spots made identical

I am with option 1 as I want a bit of randomness in this.

1 or better 2 for me, despite my bad luck about randomness in civ :)

edit: Now when I think over it, I think 2 will be better option in the spirit of highly competitive game with equal possibilities you are trying to create.

We are playing at mod prepare for us by Anion our clan modder,and in this mod start position is completely random but important resources like gold horses and bronze are near 2 tiles from each capitol with this scrypt.If u are interested let us know.

We have just started pitboss and spent a lot of time discussing double moves issue. I agree with gitbliss and to be honest it can only be based on trust and good sportsmanship than on something else. 11 or 12 hours can be not enough because ppl usually expects to have 24 hours on the turn at least.

To everyone playing.

There is a decision that has to be made regarding the map. It will be green wheel but we have the following options.

1. Totally unmodified map. This will probably give 1 or 2 people a superior start. In the tests I did usually someone ends up with something like double corn double gems or double gold etc.
2. Slightly modified starts. Have someone to give roughly equal starts to everyone but not the same
3. Totally balance starts. Have starting spots made identical

I am with option 1 as I want a bit of randomness in this.
I am for 1, for random. If you want to modify you have to modify everything and you will finish on forgetting to balance oil or aluminium and this will be unfair.

I am for 1, for random. If you want to modify you have to modify everything and you will finish on forgetting to balance oil or aluminium and this will be unfair.

Cannot remember if green wheel has oil and aluminium in balanced settings. I know green ring 2 does, but I am not sure about green wheel, is there a version that does?

I mean that if we use "2. Slightly modified starts. Have someone to give roughly equal starts to everyone but not the same" you wont be able to modify everything and it might be unbalanced. Just leave map random and noone will complain about.

Can we invite one more player? Bemep asked if he could also take part in. I can vouch for him or everyone from our community can since he one of the best pitbosser :p

Can we invite one more player? Bemep asked if he could also take part in. I can vouch for him or everyone from our community can since he one of the best pitbosser :p

I volunteer to opt out. So if he wants to replace me thats fine.

It really looks interesting, players are very strong.. I hope I will be able to keep up the pace :)

About the regulations - I see that Ponti already expressed my concerns... rules are OK for me as they are now. Of course we will not be able to forecast any kind of problem but in this particular group of players I suspect no problems with fair approach to the game.

I'mm check this thread to know when it's my turn to pick leader and then civ..

I know Bemep, my only concern is that 9 players spoils the land balance on the map as there will be 4 players on one side and 3 on the other.

We could go grid map though, which is fine with 9.

I feel lucky so i vote 1!!! :p E, should i just pick leader here? I guess it's Suryavarman II (exp/cre)

1. Ntenistromeros - Suryavarman II
2. Indiansmoke - Peter
3. Voxsu
4. Plattfuss
5. 2metraninja
6. OT4E
7. LDeska
8. Penny

Vox picks next

Asoka
and glad to say, i've found sub for me to start, so we can do it any time.

1. Ntenistromeros - Suryavarman II
2. Indiansmoke - Peter
3. Voxsu - Asoka
4. Plattfuss
5. 2metraninja
6. OT4E
7. LDeska
8. Penny

Plattfuss picks next

I know Bemep, my only concern is that 9 players spoils the land balance on the map as there will be 4 players on one side and 3 on the other.

We could go grid map though, which is fine with 9.

I am very for to allow Bemep to play. I am not sure how will it be in English but in Russian he was trying to keep his analog of spoiler thread active. He is not lazy man from this point of view. I cant say same about me for example.
Green_wheel map is still fine and we can keep it. Here you can see land distribution for 9 players. I see nothing wrong with that.
Spoiler :

PS: I have to admit that "green" wheel that I have doesnt mean to have no deserts at all. Do you have another version?

I am very for to allow Bemep to play. I am not sure how will it be in English but in Russian he was trying to keep his analog of spoiler thread active. He is not lazy man from this point of view. I cant say same about me for example.
Green_wheel map is still fine and we can keep it. Here you can see land distribution for 9 players. I see nothing wrong with that.
Spoiler :

PS: I have to admit that "green" wheel that I have doesnt mean to have no deserts at all. Do you have another version?

Green wheel does not work with 9 on standard size, I have made some tests and in some cases 2 players start very close. It is important that we all have roughly equal distances and have some space between us.

So we can go with grid2 map which is fine and works OK with 9.

So what do you suggest, that we do a new draw with Bemep in?

Some responsible person has to decide this. We all trust you I think.

Top Bottom