RevolutionDCM for BTS

@Keldath
Thanks for the compliment. So much work went into this build from both Jdog and I.

Looking at the log files for RevDCM they are totally empty, it is now so pointless and full of vacuum, they are as empty as the mind of the AI itself! The only thing in the logs now are the ghosts of bugs long gone ;) The log files are like shouting at yourself in a cave. No one is listening and all you hear are echos.

Cheers.

@glider1: Thanks a lot for your great efforts, both you and jdog! This mod is THE heart of the modpacks here, and your work to make it rock stable is much appreciated! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

BTW, what kind of tests are you running for the build? Can the TCs be accessed somehow? I'd be really interested in those!

.. The only thing in the logs now are the ghosts of bugs long gone ;) The log files are like shouting at yourself in a cave. No one is listening and all you hear are echos.

What's this stuff u r taking? Because I want from it, it sounds fun!!! [party] ;) :D

Ok, just took a solid break from the PC and in the mean time realised that there is a small potential escape in the inquisitions logic that I should fill for completeness. If you play inquisitions, save and exit then download this file and replace then continue your game. Otherwise just download the entire mod again. The bug is a rare situation and so is very low priority.
Cheers.

Ughh, I somehow managed to miss a single variable declaration in CvPlayer.h when merging in my custom source, and have to recompile from scratch. The whole needing to start all over again when editing header files is such a pain... I can't imagine how many false starts you guys had when converting from 3.17 to 3.19, winmerge was all confused and I had to manually cut and paste everything...

Ughh, I somehow managed to miss a single variable declaration in CvPlayer.h when merging in my custom source, and have to recompile from scratch. The whole needing to start all over again when editing header files is such a pain... I can't imagine how many false starts you guys had when converting from 3.17 to 3.19, winmerge was all confused and I had to manually cut and paste everything...

Oh, man, Phungus, that sounds like a real pain. Kudos for spending the time to tackle a hassle like that.

The RevDCM DLL can be made to function as if DCM were the only mod inside it, by changing the game state xml in RevDCM.xml. As for compatibility with that DLL and your own mods infrastructure, I cannot say except to give it a go! Try the current version of RevDCM that is out there now, for the basic model does not change in the next RevDCM.

Cheers.

What do I need to do within the RevDCM.xml file to disable items? Change "default=True" to "default = False"? Is there anything else I need to know? Thanks in advance for any help.

Good that the newer is up. And again I have not had the time to try. Only thing I would suggest with future code changes is making them modular so people can load them as modules, and not required to have them by default. But it your guys choice not mine. I would make everything modular if I had the choice so the core would even be smaller. Anyway good it is up.

@Phungus
Yeah Jdog mentioned that when it came to merging 3.19 CvGameTextMgr.cpp, Winmerge just essentially gives up in disgust. He sure is a flexible civver that Jdog. Goes from doing complex logic on Better BTS AI to the hack work as well when it is needed. He is the one of the best modders without questions!

@Fireclaw
You probably did not upgrade to 3.19. That will cause a crash

@Alsark
If we swap one eye for another, wonder if that helps.

@General Tso
default="True" or "False in RevDCM.xml should do it. You will probably have to kill the RevDCM options screen in the interface as well, if you are making a mod for other people. That question has been asked a couple of times a few pages ago. As for Revolutions itself, that is off by default but can be turned on in the xml somewhere as well. Forgot where.

@Johny
Thanks for your help with WoC! It's good to have your project working in parallel because one can refer to the other and the best ideas from both can be shared. There are still some issues with WoC extra lite that are not urgent for now, but would be good to sort. The missing unit promotion icon's in civilopaedia for the next war module for example.

Cheers.

Just discovered a bug glider, hope you can help me fix it. I choose not to offset the Che button, because it looks bad all alone sunk below the other buttons. This has never been a problem before, but now it makes the Victory button go away. How can I make the button not being offset go back to how it was before and get the raised fist victory button back?

@Phungus
Yeah moving the buttons around is a labour of love. Unfortunately there is no underlying system to simplify it for you. It comes down to twidling the numbers. A suggestion is to wincompare cvmaininterface.py in revdcm version 2.0 with 2.5 and see how the various numbers have been changed for the icons. Otherwise just revert back. I cannot imagine that BTS 319 changed anything in that file.

If you have plenty of time, upload the file and I will twidle with it myself for you, but turn time around will be quite long.

Cheers.

OK. Position of Scores seems to get in the way of winmerge, but I'll see if I can do this easily. If not, I'm not really familiur with this code. Looks simple if you know what you're doing though. The old offset code was definatly cut out, so I've put it back in, hoping this works...

Nope, doesn't work. Covers up something else now (not sure what though, lol, but definatly something is gone). This used to work fine.... but yeah, winmerge wasn't good enough, Would apreciate you looking into it, I think it's an easy fix, but I have no experience with the interface.

These are default RevDCM 2.0 and 2.5 CvMainInterface files. I Haven't altered them. I use the revolution.ini file to set the Che button (it's an option in that file). Anyway, uploading them all here for easy access.

Thanks for taking a look at it Glider. Would be nice to have this option working again. :)

This is great, thanks for all the work glider & jdog. I had a little frustration trying to get what I wanted (the SDK code from Enhanced Sized Cities) because there were some big differences in how some parts of the files were done, mostly the 3.19 rather than revdcm. Some different syntax and CvGameTextMgr.cpp was a bloody nightmare, the whole damn thing was yellow in winmerge. I threw my hands up a couple of times after failing to compile, cause I have no real idea what I'm doing, and just said to myself I'd live without the enhanced size cities .... but ... I decided to try one more time and experiment a little with actually altering code rather than just pasting it and ... third time's a charm!! It worked, and seems to run without any problems (knock on wood).

Now that's out of the way I'm on easy street to get all my favourite features and tweaks in, just some simple python snippets to bring over and a whole lot of xml work ... and it's stable and it has everything I've always wanted in a single mod ... I'm at the gates of civ heaven!!

How do you get modules to load with WoBloat?

Do you do anything else? I know you have not try any of it from that statement. Apples taste bad, but I never ate one.:cry:

With promotions you still need an atlas in the main art folder. That part was never completely modular. Sorry about that.

I moved the Revolution button in my screen file with the merge I made to the left side, but also move some buttons off the right to the left to not have the domestic advisor over the top of the tech research bar. BUG never changed that with the 3.17 patch. I also had the scrolling scoreboard in as well.

Edit: I added a BUG button as well instead of having the "ALT+CTRL+O" text popping up if anyone is interested, but the buttons are tga files in the theme not just a dds file for a button.

I moved the Revolution button in my screen file with the merge I made to the left side, but also move some buttons off the right to the left to not have the domestic advisor over the top of the tech research bar. BUG never changed that with the 3.17 patch. I also had the scrolling scoreboard in as well.
I'd really like the CvMainInterface to have all the buttons the way they used to be. Shuffling them isn't a problem though, but it looked fine in all old revDCM versions if you told the Che button not to drop down (which looks stupid). I'm not fully understanding what you're saying here, do you have a CvMainInterface that puts things back how they were aesthetically? If so could you upload it?

I would like to confirm an earlier post that the herbalist event doesn't work. I got an autosave at the beginning of the turn when the event fires, and no matter what I pick, the event says that scientists have discovered a potential illness treatment and nothing happens to health. The happiness effects do take place, though the population loss that I remember used to be a part of the event do not occur.

Top Bottom