Rewritten RoM Civics

Frankly, the civics are a mixture of realism and gameplay. If I made every civic identical to the actual effects, I'd need a Ph'd in Theology, Economics, Sociology, History, Business, Politics, and 10 other subjects I'm leaving out. There's a line between fun and too complex... And while I am not 100% happy with the current civics, I don't think they are worth my attention to totally overhaul them...

I'm working on some secret AND projects too. :mischief:

I was going to try to make the Garbage Civic like the ones listed here.

Let me know if your secret project is messed up by this.

I would also like to try to add the "Department of Energy" if work on the power mod works out. Because power/electricity really needs some improvements to what it is now. Hopefully the whole "goods" idea will help them both out.

My secret project is all SDK based, so nothing you do with XML can affect it. ;)

I'm not going to say, but as a hint, all of your ideas are way off...

In Department of Waste I miss Recycle. It maybe sould have a high upkeep cost but also sould reduce Resource depletion if this mod part is enabled.

About the idea Wast to Energy givig extra Global Warming I whant to point out that other methodes of handling waste (i.E. Landfills & Offworld Dumping) might be much more dangerous for the planet. Also burning Waste sligthly reduce the need of Fosille Energy Surcess.

Department of Immigration sould be linked to Revolution Mod enabled or else Open Boarders is to good. (And with Revolotions Mod enabled I probably would keep None here for the complet game because I dont think any of the changes are worth the penaltys + upkeep.)

In general I would have high problemes with some of the civics to find out if they are any bether then the starting civic.

I definitly like the expanded options, but I have a couple of suggestions for the Dept of energy and Dept of homeland security ones, mostly because they seem to start too late in the game for me.
By electricity/military tradition my games are quite often well on the way to been finished and it seems a shame to miss out on these departments.
For dept of energy, have a civic acticvated by say machinery for windmills/ watermills, with
+20% city maintenance
+15% production
+10% food production
+ 1 health
and have a upgrade to these stats when engineering is researched to account for improvements in building design and efficiency. This would give something to aim for in the early game and could be made obsolete by electricity.
For Dept of homeland security, move border patrols to feudalism to account for the vassals been required to protect their lieges land, and insert another civic somewhere in between this and fascism. Town watch/garrison maybe, activated by engineering (for castle) and giving
+10% maintenance
+15% espionage
+10% defence
+ 2 unhappiness.
There are probably lots of holes in my suggestions, but why change the habit of a lifetime:)

Top Bottom