RFC: BtS Bug Reports

hello all, sorry if this has already been posted earlier, but i wasn't able to find a fix to my problem in this rather long thread

so a few days ago i updated my cIV game to its latest patch (319) and downloaded the newest version of Rhye's mod, its final release (that's what it says on the info screen)

in any case, every game's year display is quite a few turns ahead of where it ought to be. for example, if i play the arabs, i appear in the 900s AD, not the 600s, and if i play as any other civ i spawn just as late and others spawn just as late. because of this, uhv goals are delayed as well, and i never truly know when i have to qualify for one; for example, using the arabs again, my first 2 uhv goals don't register in 1300 but instead sometime in the 1500s.

also, colombian exchanges don't happen (that is continents never get more resources, so the americas never get cotton or livestock). and i have that problem where the americans spawn with a single catapult in the antarctic

on top of all this, i can't be sure, but i don't think any civilization is spawning properly, with cities NOT flipping to the rising civilization

i have absolutely no modding experience, and did not mess with any file at all whatsoever... anyone have any advice for me?

thanks in advanced!

hello all, sorry if this has already been posted earlier, but i wasn't able to find a fix to my problem in this rather long thread

so a few days ago i updated my cIV game to its latest patch (319) and downloaded the newest version of Rhye's mod, its final release (that's what it says on the info screen)

in any case, every game's year display is quite a few turns ahead of where it ought to be. for example, if i play the arabs, i appear in the 900s AD, not the 600s, and if i play as any other civ i spawn just as late and others spawn just as late. because of this, uhv goals are delayed as well, and i never truly know when i have to qualify for one; for example, using the arabs again, my first 2 uhv goals don't register in 1300 but instead sometime in the 1500s.

also, colombian exchanges don't happen (that is continents never get more resources, so the americas never get cotton or livestock). and i have that problem where the americans spawn with a single catapult in the antarctic

on top of all this, i can't be sure, but i don't think any civilization is spawning properly, with cities NOT flipping to the rising civilization

i have absolutely no modding experience, and did not mess with any file at all whatsoever... anyone have any advice for me?

thanks in advanced!
Sounds like the update was not a clean one. I suggest that you unzip the patch again. If the directory containing the old version of RFC is not removed prior to updating but is instead overwritten, issues such as those you have described can occur.

To ensure that the update is clean, firstly delete the 'Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' folder within the Mods directory. Then unzip the patch again to the Mods folder.

I don't know whether it's a bug or feature, but yesterday when I played Aztecs on 1.187 the Japanese :eek: were first to come, not the Europeans, and declare war on me after their caravel landed the adventurers on Californian peninsula. It happened around 1500 AD.

I don't know whether it's a bug or feature, but yesterday when I played Aztecs on 1.187 the Japanese :eek: were first to come, not the Europeans, and declare war on me after their caravel landed the adventurers on Californian peninsula. It happened around 1500 AD.

That's not a bug, it just rarely happens. Independent conquerors have been seen before.

Civ4ScreenShot0073.JPG

The Dutch wheat spawned years too early. Normally it should be there in 1250 AD.

Spoiler :
if (iGameTurn == 5): #otherwise it's picked by Portugal at the beginning
gc.getMap().plot(49, 43).setImprovementType(con.iHut)

if (iGameTurn == con.i450AD): #(dye added later to prevent Carthaginian UHV exploit)
gc.getMap().plot(53, 51).setBonusType(iDye) #France
gc.getMap().plot(53, 55).setBonusType(iDye) #England
if (not gc.getPlayer(0).isPlayable()): #late start condition
if (iGameTurn == con.i600AD):
gc.getMap().plot(53, 51).setBonusType(iDye) #France
gc.getMap().plot(53, 55).setBonusType(iDye) #England

if (iGameTurn == con.i1100AD):
#gc.getMap().plot(71, 30).setBonusType(iSugar) #Egypt
gc.getMap().plot(72, 24).setBonusType(iSugar) #East Africa
gc.getMap().plot(70, 17).setBonusType(iSugar) #Zimbabwe
gc.getMap().plot(67, 11).setBonusType(iSugar) #South Africa

gc.getMap().plot(66, 23).setBonusType(iBanana) #Central Africa
gc.getMap().plot(67, 21).setBonusType(iBanana) #Central Africa

if (iGameTurn == con.i1250AD):
gc.getMap().plot(57, 52).setBonusType(iWheat) #Amsterdam

if (iGameTurn == con.i1600AD):
gc.getMap().plot(28, 46).setBonusType(iCow) #Washington area
gc.getMap().plot(30, 49).setBonusType(iCow) #New York area
gc.getMap().plot(25, 49).setBonusType(iCow) #Lakes
gc.getMap().plot(24, 43).setBonusType(iCow) #Jacksonville area
gc.getMap().plot(18, 46).setBonusType(iCow) #Colorado
gc.getMap().plot(11, 47).setBonusType(iCow) #California
gc.getMap().plot(20, 45).setBonusType(iCow) #Texas
gc.getMap().plot(37, 14).setBonusType(iCow) #Argentina
gc.getMap().plot(33, 11).setBonusType(iCow) #Argentina
gc.getMap().plot(35, 10).setBonusType(iCow) #Pampas

gc.getMap().plot(24, 43).setBonusType(iCotton) #near Florida
gc.getMap().plot(23, 45).setBonusType(iCotton) #Louisiana
gc.getMap().plot(22, 44).setBonusType(iCotton) #Louisiana
gc.getMap().plot(13, 45).setBonusType(iCotton) #California

gc.getMap().plot(22, 49).setBonusType(iPig) #Lakes

gc.getMap().plot(21, 50).setBonusType(iWheat) #Canadian border
gc.getMap().plot(19, 48).setBonusType(iWheat) #Midwest

gc.getMap().plot(22, 33).setBonusType(iBanana) #Guatemala
gc.getMap().plot(27, 31).setBonusType(iBanana) #Colombia
gc.getMap().plot(43, 23).setBonusType(iBanana) #Brazil
gc.getMap().plot(39, 26).setBonusType(iBanana) #Brazil

gc.getMap().plot(49, 44).setBonusType(iCorn) #Galicia
gc.getMap().plot(54, 48).setBonusType(iCorn) #France
gc.getMap().plot(67, 47).setBonusType(iCorn) #Romania

gc.getMap().plot(106, 50).setBonusType(iCorn) #Manchuria

if (iGameTurn == con.i1700AD):
gc.getMap().plot(26, 45).setBonusType(iHorse) #Washington area
gc.getMap().plot(21, 48).setBonusType(iHorse) #Midwest
gc.getMap().plot(19, 45).setBonusType(iHorse) #Texas
gc.getMap().plot(40, 25).setBonusType(iHorse) #Brazil
gc.getMap().plot(33, 10).setBonusType(iHorse) #Buenos Aires area
gc.getMap().plot(32, 8).setBonusType(iHorse) #Pampas

gc.getMap().plot(27, 36).setBonusType(iSugar) #Caribbean
gc.getMap().plot(39, 25).setBonusType(iSugar) #Brazil
gc.getMap().plot(37, 20).setBonusType(iSugar) #inner Brazil

gc.getMap().plot(104, 52).setBonusType(iCorn) #Manchuria
gc.getMap().plot(89, 36).setBonusType(iCorn) #India

if (iGameTurn == con.i1850AD):
gc.getMap().plot(12, 45).setBonusType(iWine) #California
gc.getMap().plot(31, 10).setBonusType(iWine) #Andes

gc.getMap().plot(114, 11).setBonusType(iSheep) #Australia
gc.getMap().plot(116, 13).setBonusType(iSheep) #Australia
gc.getMap().plot(121, 6).setBonusType(iSheep) #New Zealand

gc.getMap().plot(19, 41).setBonusType(iHorse) #Mexico

gc.getMap().plot(58, 47).setBonusType(iRice) #Vercelli
gc.getMap().plot(12, 49).setBonusType(iRice) #California

gc.getMap().plot(11, 45).setBonusType(iFish) #California

The web site is down.

I just one week ago discovered RFC, and I love it, especially the UHVs.

Unfortunately, Alexander always crashes the game. Once Greece switches to him, whenever he contacts me or I contact him, I am dumped out to the desktop before ever seeing the diplomacy screen. Also his entry in the Civopedia is blank - no portrait, no text.

In what may possibly be related, the Persian Immortal unit only shows up as a big red dot, but of course this does not affect gameplay.

Please somebody tell me how to fix it! If Alexander can't be fixed, is there a way to swap him out for a leader that works? In the meantime, I will have to try to pick civs who won't come into contact with Alexander. I already did historical victories for Egypt and Babylonia. Maybe I try later civs, hoping the Greek have been wiped out.

Are you playing with the most up-to-date version of BTS (3.19) and RFC (1.187)?

If not, this may be the cause of your troubles.

Update BTS first (using this website, not the in-game update because this is bugged), then remove RFC and install the latest patch of RFC (also from this website).

Thanks for the reply!

I've been running BTS 3.19 successfully since I bought the game in February. Well, successfully except for an annoying problem where the unit flags for almost all the civilizations show up as solid white only, making it hard to tell at a glance who a unit belongs to. And that problem only affects BTS and not Warlords or Vanilla. In any case, am certain I updated to BTS 3.19 from this website and not the in-game updater.

I downloaded the most recent RFC several times, deleting the /BTS/Mods/RFC folder beforehand each time. I also tried the Epic/Marathon modmod just in case that might help, but no dice. Same issues each redownload.

I should say I use a Dell Dimension desktop circa 2003 that I have upped to 2.5 GB of RAM but have made no other changes to.

Reading your description of the troubles, it looks most likely that your BTS version could be the root cause. If Vanilla and Warlords are fine but BTS is not working 100%, I would suggest you try to reinstall BTS.

I haven't specifically come across your issues though, so I can't offer any more detailed suggestions I'm afraid.

I feared as much. Back when I first noticed the white flags, I reinstalled everything at least twice to no avail. I own the complete edition, so I can't reinstall only BTS, as far as I know.

As for the white flags, is it any sort of hint to note that within RFC, I have not come across a single white flag? It is only without the mod loaded that most civs' flags are white.

And as for Alexander (which honestly is the only problem I'm really sad about), would it be possible to find and simply remove the lines of code that switch control of the Greeks over to him, from Pericles or whomever? That would work around my problem, and I would be content that it wouldn't be changing gameplay overmuch. Of course, I myself would have no idea where to look for such code, but maybe you would.

Thanks so much for the responses. How incredible to get support for a five-year-old game, especially one with a sequel already released.

All problems addressed!

After a frustrating loss to the AI in vanilla BtS, I spent some time looking at the arrangement of files in the install and the various mods I'd downloaded. I noticed that in the RFC mod there is no ArtDefines_Leaderhead.xml, so simply removing Alexander's entire folder from RFC was enough to revert Rhye's changes to him, which my computer couldn't handle. For the Immortal, I had to change a few lines in the ArtDefine_Unit.xml to point the program back to the original images, being careful not to remove anything Rhye added that does not pertain specifically to the images.

The white flags was obvious what was the problem once I realized I misstated the problem in the first place! There was no problem with the flags with all the mods unloaded. It was one module of the BAT mod that replaced the simple two-color flags with multicolor flags resembling the actual flags of modern nations. My system will not render these multicolor flags. So I unpacked the art from the module, replaced it with the two-color flags and buttons from RFC, and packed it back up. Then I essentially replaced the ArtDefines_Civilization from the offending module with the one from RFC (everything except the headers and the unnecessary "Native Nations" entry).

So now I have very acceptable workarounds for my issues. It took a number of hours, but I would probably have spent those hours playing Civ IV anyway. :goodjob:

Hy!

I hope this is the appropriate topic for my problem (I'm sorry, if it isn't). I'm playing with RFC a long time ago, but I never updated the original version of the mod, until now. Yesterday I downloaded the up-to-date BtS patch (3.19), then the mod's latest verison (1.187). But when I stated the game, I noticed a bunch of bugs: the caracters and icons are mixed (for example: Đ instead of the yellow stars, ă instead of the stability icons, hinduism icon in city's names, etc.), the city screens was almost blank (didn't show the bulidings, the resources); so it was complatly unplayable. (And, as a side effect, I can't make printscreens, they were all empty.) I tried to delete the mod's folder, then dawnloaded and extracted it again, but the result was the same. Could somebody help me?

(I apologize about my english.)

You are playing the Hungarian version of the game, don't you? (looking at you location and the Đ and ă characters)
If so, you set the language of the game to English (or one of the other standard languages). RFC can only be played in the standard languages.
(or someone has to create a "Hungarian translation package")

Top Bottom