RFC Classical World

Yep but the AI nor the human won't settle 2N of Charax if sprt doesn't rework the zone. It's OK this way. But, maybe you can find another name for the actual Charax.

By the way, sometimes as Seleucids or Parthia, another civ builds a city in this location. In MY area. :mad:
Like the Western roman Empire who settles in Cyprus when I play Byzantines. I hate that so much !

[edit] Game crash as Antigonids

Attachments

• RFC CW.CivBeyondSwordSave
    455 KB · Views: 51
i had the same problem with the red dots

That's because there is a small error in the UnitArtDefines.xml.

Are there any more units that have red dots?

EDIT: Archer should be fixed now.

hey guys im having a small problem... im playing as Rome and the Lombards just spwnd. there is one problem. My borders are combining with theirs! its very confusing... thanks

@knighter999 That's because there are so many civs that colo(u)rs must be repeated

New version of the CNM:

Attachments

• CityNameManager.rar
    14.2 KB · Views: 52
Actually, you can just change the colour a tiny bit (like 1 digit in the code), and while they still won't look any different, the computer will recognize them as different and render them properly. Also, what did you change in the CNM? It's quite annoying when you don't use the most recent one (which would be the one I uploaded, it's not on the SVN yet).

Download it and replace the CityNameManager.py in RFC Classical World\Assets\Python. Change it to a python file if necessary (literally just open it with Notepad and save it as a Python file with filename extension .py). Hopefully srpt will be uploading it onto the SVN soon.

What did you change in the CNM? It's quite annoying when you don't use the most recent one (which would be the one I uploaded, it's not on the SVN yet).

I've added some Khazar names, made Dacia use Celtic names and Nan Yue use Chinese names, and made some minor changes. The next step will be to make the entire India.

Could you apply it to the last CNM I uploaded and work from there? You know best what you changed, since the SVN one is out of date.

still no internet at home.

update coming tomorrow with the following features:

Gokturk starting stack split between Karabalasagun and Almaliq, with some extra units

new Pyramids effect: +1 happy in all cities in Egypt

new Colossus effect: +1 trade routes in all island cities

new Han UP: -20% research for techs unknown in the world

new conqueror mechanism is in, but I haven't seen the AI build any yet

tightened some goals for Carthage and the Roman Republic

increased early barbs in Europe

Ostrogoth spawn moved to 475AD

I feel like the British Isles are really unused. I think a good civ to add would be Anglo-Saxons(?) It would add a lot more to post-Rome Europe because most of the civilizations are in the south.

I'm afraid Anglo-Saxon England is outside of the scope of the mod

about the RFCCW stability system discussion in the DoC forum:

I'm really glad liked Leoreth liked the basics of my idea and I'm sure he will make a great system and that system or parts of it will surely wind up back here.

in the meantime, I realize the system needs work and sometimes I think there are checks that just aren't working but it hasn't impinged on the enjoyment of any of my games. the UHVs are still fun and mostly challenging. at least 2 of the key collapses, the Seleucids and Rome, work fairly well. working on this mod is slow because its so huge and other things have taken priority.

I will get into stability when I have every spawn working as intended. all that's left really is the Ostrogoths, the Huns, the Avars, and a Nubian respawn as Makuria. so soon.

a couple of other things:

fixed the gold from blockading issue

the Han UB gets an extra scientist

and I'm also quite curious about Leoreths merc redesign. as for the current system, its really opaque, often gives many units too many promotions, because its so complicated its hard to tweak, and it probably slows the game down. on the other hand, merging in my "hiring barbs as mercs" works so beautifully and I'm proud of it.

For the Han UB, you mean a free scientist, right? (One extra slot seems incredibly underpowered.) I still think it should replace the library instead- there is no way you are even going to get close to universities while going for the UHV.

Also, are you planning on adding our CNM updates soon? ;)

Anglo saxons ? Would be nice but unfortunatly, I agree with srpt. British islands are too tight, anyway. Maybe a germanic civ in Germania in the late game ? But already a lot of civs.

I miss a RFC Britannica.

and I'm also quite curious about Leoreths merc redesign. as for the current system, its really opaque, often gives many units too many promotions, because its so complicated its hard to tweak, and it probably slows the game down. on the other hand, merging in my "hiring barbs as mercs" works so beautifully and I'm proud of it.

You have all the rights to. It saved me many times as Byzantines which was quite historical. Paying them to leave is a very fun function too...

I'm afraid Anglo-Saxon England is outside of the scope of the mod

Few northernmost rows of the map very rarely participate in anything and could be safely cut. This will solve a lot of Memory Allocation Errors. I mean, technically map goes as far to the north as it is now to include all the Britannia. But why? Roman presence in Britannia almost always is limited to Londonium, there is no organized resistance on the other side of imaginary Hadrian Wall line. So why not to cut map from there, roughly corresponding to the level of Hadrian Walls...

Top Bottom