RFC Classical World

Oh boy, look who is here! :cheers: [party]

Still basement? They are unhealthy :(

many, many thanks for all the kind words.

I will do my best to get this thing "finished" asap. by finished I mean feature-complete. the remaining Unique stuff will be done this week and then I plan on working heavily with stability.

In Scenerio 80BC, Han's capital should be Chang'an, not Luoyang. And at that time, Han had controlled Jinyang, Mingyue, Changsha and Nanhai.

Also, I think when Han and Tang captured Chang'an, the capital should move to Chang'an automatically without stability penalty.

In Scenerio 80BC, Han's capital should be Chang'an, not Luoyang. And at that time, Han had controlled Jinyang, Mingyue, Changsha and Nanhai.

Also, I think when Han and Tang captured Chang'an, the capital should move to Chang'an automatically without stability penalty.

those are good ideas. I added them.

there is a new version up today with UUs and UBs for Gojoseon, the Visigoths, Ostrogoths and Vandals, plus some missing UPs

Gojoseon:
Choson Horseman (melee bonus) and Dolmen (monument w 4 culture). see the above post from Tigranes

Visigoths:
UU Comitatus (lancer w mounted bonus, based on the fact that the Visigoth cavalry beat the Roman cavalry at Adrianople)
UB Synod (courthouse with happiness, based on their many religious councils)
UP: Resettlement (cheap settlers, based on the fact that they founded the first new cities in europe after the Romans. I will probably alter their territorial goal to make better use of this)

Ostrogoths:
UU Gadrauhts (swordsman w bonus vs missile cav, based on the fact that the Ostrogoths helped destroy the Huns at Nedao)
UB Military Settlement (barracks w war weariness bonus, based on the practice of settling Goth military groups outside of the cities)
UP Restoration (cheaper basic buildings, based on Theodoric's maintenance of Roman systems)

Vandals
UU Mounted Warrior (cheap lancer, sources said their army was all mounted but not very good)
UB Shipyard (no name yet, ship production bonus)
UP Piracy (double gold from blockade)

unfortunately there's no art for any of that yet, but I'll get to it soon

Vandals
UU Mounted Warrior (cheap lancer, sources said their army was all mounted but not very good)
UB Shipyard (no name yet, ship production bonus)
UP Piracy (double gold from blockade)

At the beginning of the 420’s, the Vandals won a great victory against a Romano-Gothic army led by Castinus. This helped them to further enrich themselves by raiding in Mauritania and the Balearic Islands. Many Roman ports in Spain were captured including many of galleys within them and so the Vandals became the first Teutonic people to develop a Mediterranean navy.

Fall of Carthage to the Vandals agrieved the western and eastern empire, as there was a large number of galleys and a great shipyards in Carthage, creating the Vandal fleet as the equal to the joint navy of the two empires. That the empire ever allowed for so many galleys to be left in Carthage's port while the Vandals were so close by, must be one of the most monumental blunders of it’s history. For the first time in nearly 6 centuries, Carthage became the greatest danger to Rome since the Punic Wars.

They captured all the ships, perhaps built some, but mainly captured. Can our UB be coded to do that? Say any ship in BFC gets converted into Valndal ship :D ? May be very fun -- imagine Barbarian galley get into the invisible web of nearby Vandal city with spider-shipyard!

And we can call it Great Shipyard or Captured Shipyard (generic shipyard would become UB upon capture right? I hope Carthage has preplaced shipyard in 220 AD scenario).

Which ships can do piracy? Any? If not this could be a better UP, because building special pirate ships is less realistic than using captured navy to attack coast...

Also Vandals were essentially a union with Alans -- perhaps Mounted Warrior can be called Alan Warriors?

By the way, what's wrong with the SVN, exactly?

sprt has no reliable internet at home so I guess he creates his regular uploads at home, saves them on flush drive, comes to work and uploads them.

Except that I resolved to wait until SVN will work again... SO used to it...

I mean Internet in Canada must be good everywhere, sooner rather than later...

The more I think about it -- the more I get a feeling that Arianism acted as Protestantism in 300-400 AD, with almost religious wars with Barbarians. Perhaps we can include it as 12 Religion? Last one... 12 is symbolic!

I mean Internet in Canada must be good everywhere, sooner rather than later...

Well, if you have a bad modem, there's nothing you can do about it but buy a new one. Then again, you could always bring a laptop to the nearest Tim Hortons and use their free wifi...

I'm downloading the latest version now. I will upload that version to the SVN.
EDIT: Done. Rev 72 has all of srpt's updates.

@ srpt
I see that the sourcecode isn't in the download. You have to upload it to the SVN yourself sometime.

merijn, thank you! cannot wait to try new Vandals!

The more I think about it -- the more I get a feeling that Arianism acted as Protestantism in 300-400 AD, with almost religious wars with Barbarians. Perhaps we can include it as 12 Religion? Last one... 12 is symbolic!

+1 for Arianism ! The Goths could start converted already to Arianism and then convert to Christianity !

in other news, am I the only one who cant see the new map and the UU/ UB/ UP of the vandals & the goths ?

I updated to rev 72 but yet nothing ..

Same here... I mean something is definitely wrong with 72, I am forced to play China if I double-click the 220 AD file (Play Now only available) -- no civ leaders screen. But loading mod in regular way solved it. However I get this red Stability Check messages, and of corse map was not updated in size.

How much is modem in Canada? Let's collect $5 each :)

It is very nice that starting Vandal map shows parts of Spain, after all they came from there, but why not to show African coast, everything West from Carthage. At one time Hipo Regius was Vandal capital even, albeit briefly, before they laid down their hands on Carthage.

I have a general question about Barbarians. For some reason they all start as civilizations, their UHVs describe their goals after they got established ... but getting established was probably the main historical victory for given nation. I miss that representation. Imagine you start in Germany as a band of some 80 000 people and end up establishing a kingdom in Africa, which was terrorising Roman world for almost a century...

With the Huns its can get to a completely grand scheme. They are perhaps the only civ that can march from one end of our map to the other. Especially if someone hacks Mongolian Camp unit from Warlords. In can be a modding challenge you could definitely enjoy, sprt!

Top Bottom