RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

well I think that starting units and eventually techs are a high priority right now. Half of the posts in this thread are "starting units aren't decided yet". There really can't be any decent playtesting until starting units are set.

Ok.
I played RFC alot and it's not "typical". I know that when I refuse a city flip my units will flip to. But should they also flip to the civilization(in this case the Germans) if the civilization is already destroyed..?

Ok.
I played RFC alot and it's not "typical". I know that when I refuse a city flip my units will flip to. But should they also flip to the civilization(in this case the Germans) if the civilization is already destroyed..?

Happens all the time, if you refuse a flip on spawn, you are fighting a war that you cannot win. I tried it couple of times with Rome, does not work. Allow for the flip and attack couple of turns later, thus fighting a regular war.

well I think that starting units and eventually techs are a high priority right now. Half of the posts in this thread are "starting units aren't decided yet". There really can't be any decent playtesting until starting units are set.

:) OK here is how it works, if you want something done in this mod, you don't just demand it, you help do it. Someone come up with a list of techs/units for the civs, propose it, discuss it, agree on something, preferably add it to the wiki and I will code it. Also, the tech and units discussion should go to the Civ Discussion Tread, to keep things organized.

In all truth, I agree that deciding starting units and starting techs for each civ is vital to playtest to see how things progress.

It should also be decided what resources need to be allocated where on the map. For instance, I think the Norse and Cordoba need more resources.

No resources have been decided upon for any civ, they all need to be reconsidered.

Start making proposals to the Map Development tread.

I'll do that, trying to play catchup.

:) OK here is how it works, if you want something done in this mod, you don't just demand it, you help do it. Someone come up with a list of techs/units for the civs, propose it, discuss it, agree on something, preferably add it to the wiki and I will code it. Also, the tech and units discussion should go to the Civ Discussion Tread, to keep things organized.

Well said. There's nothing to stop people adding starting units, resources or whatever to any civ when they're play-testing. I do it all the time. It's a no-brainer, guys. There are still a lot of decisions to make about the map, resources, techs, starting units etc. As 3Miro says, don't just moan about the lack of something in the mod. Make concrete suggestions in the discussion thread so we can discuss them. Then we can make a decision and implement it. How do people think we have got this far anyway?

BTW @3Miro Did you figure out that UHV problem I had as Burgundy from the auto-save I posted earlier?

BTW @3Miro Did you figure out that UHV problem I had as Burgundy from the auto-save I posted earlier?

My Bad: I reversed the (x,y) coordinates of the points, the rectangle was wide and short as opposed to tall and tin. It is fixed now. (also I don't know if it is just the fact the I am using you save, but may of the advisory options were on. I usually turn them off, it is very frustrating when the adviser is constantly asking you: build settlers, build settlers and so on).

My Bad: I reversed the (x,y) coordinates of the points, the rectangle was wide and short as opposed to tall and tin. It is fixed now. (also I don't know if it is just the fact the I am using you save, but may of the advisory options were on. I usually turn them off, it is very frustrating when the adviser is constantly asking you: build settlers, build settlers and so on).

OK. Thanks for that. Does that mean I can play on from that save and get the UHV? Sorry about the adviser. I never bother to change that. Maybe I should.

whenever the next version is out, probably yes, but then again, if I bring back updated stability, then probably no.

Unzip the file and move it over the existing Victory.py file in RFCEurope\Assets\Python folder.

Attachments

• Victory.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 130
whenever the next version is out, probably yes, but then again, if I bring back updated stability, then probably no.

Unzip the file and move it over the existing Victory.py file in RFCEurope\Assets\Python folder.

OK. Now that you've fixed it and will include it in the next version I'm happy with that. Could you also please fix it so the forest is chopped when you improve a tile? It'd speed things up a bit. Thanks.:)

Farms, quarries and Plantations would chop forest (maybe windmills to let more wind), but why would mines remove forest? It will be done eventually.

@3Miro. Just an update on the test game I was playing as Burgundy. I got the 1st. UHV condition after you altered the rectangle. However, when I played on past 1400AD I expected to get the 2nd. one as I've not lost a city to Franks or Germans. It's now 1410 and all the victory screen says is "Not Yet". Can you check the autosave prior to 1400 that I've posted below to see what's wrong?

Also I've noticed we don't have a spy unit and I've had only had Great Spies and Great Scientists but no Great Artists, Great Engineers or Great Prophets. Are they not implemented yet?

:) OK here is how it works, if you want something done in this mod, you don't just demand it, you help do it.

Maybe you failed to realize it, but I have been trying to contribute to this mod before you even signed up to the forums. I think I know how the development works.
Also, I do not live in the USA and english is not my mother language but I'm fairly certain I haven't demanded anything. I've been reading the reports in these pages and the conclusions I drew are that the lack of starting units is a major problem for testing, worse than stability, and should be on the top of the priority list right now. You may discuss and disagree with my opinion but in no way I've been demanding anything. Examples (in english)
observation: there can't be decent testing if starting units aren't set
demand: wtf why aren't starting units set already ? This mod isn't even testable do it now !

all clear now ? kkthxbye

Someone come up with a list of techs/units for the civs, propose it, discuss it, agree on something, preferably add it to the wiki and I will code it. Also, the tech and units discussion should go to the Civ Discussion Tread, to keep things organized.

I'd be happy to help doing it, however my experience is that every time I propose something, it's dismissed without much discussion (which isn't exactly in the spirit of this mod's development), or any at all, and I can't fail to notice that you are exactly one of the main exponents of this behavior.

Maybe you failed to realize it, but I have been trying to contribute to this mod before you even signed up to the forums. I think I know how the development works.
Also, I do not live in the USA and english is not my mother language but I'm fairly certain I haven't demanded anything. I've been reading the reports in these pages and the conclusions I drew are that the lack of starting units is a major problem for testing, worse than stability, and should be on the top of the priority list right now. You may discuss and disagree with my opinion but in no way I've been demanding anything. Examples (in english)
observation: there can't be decent testing if starting units aren't set
demand: wtf why aren't starting units set already ? This mod isn't even testable do it now !

all clear now ? kkthxbye

I'd be happy to help doing it, however my experience is that every time I propose something, it's dismissed without much discussion (which isn't exactly in the spirit of this mod's development), or any at all, and I can't fail to notice that you are exactly one of the main exponents of this behavior.

I quoted you just because you were the last one that to note "starting units aren't there yet", the comments were meant for a more general part of the audience. To be fair, you do make proposals.

I am sorry if it seems that I am dismissing everything you say, I don't mean to insult anyone. There are things that have already been coded after some deliberation and if we wait till everyone agrees on a particular subject, nothing will ever be done. The most helpful thing right now would be proposal on something that has not been coded yet, (i.e. starting units and starting Techs for the civs). We can think about the units, but one of these days a new tech tree would come out, so keep that in mind. The current one just make no sense on some places.

I see, I started working on the starting assets for spawning civs.

/OT

Top Bottom