1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by st.lucifer, Nov 9, 2008.

1. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

isn't that too much ? serfs aren't limited.

2. st.lucifer

st.lucifer Chieftain

No intentional changes since then!

Now that we have the alpha up and running, do we want to start thinking about adding in the new terrain and resources? It can certainly wait, but that's one place I can make myself useful. Gameplay is likely to change once the unchoppable forest is implemented, so we might want to think about doing that sooner than later.

3. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

I say: if you have time, there's not harm in doing it :D
    FFH2 has a marsh terrain implemented in the last version that you might ask them to borrow.

4. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

@jessiecat, the Oran control only needs couple of cities (so long as noone esle has any cities in the region). I will change the name.

I got the 30% UHV easily very early. After getting enough Byzantine cities and meeting them grow before everyone else spawns. iF it is a problem we may have to reduce it to 25%.

5. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

OK. I thought it might be doable in the way you describe. I was trying to get it gradually by expansion. So once you've got 30% you don't have to maintain it. Right? What about the other issues I raised? ie. Founding Islam in Damascus but no mosque, and why can't we build spies?

6. sedna17

sedna17 Chieftain

You can't build spys because I didn't include them in the Units xml file. I'll fix that. Also, I'll put scouts back in so that the AI doesn't explore with catapults.

7. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

@sedna, also increase the movement of naval units, it takes forever for a trireme to get from Arabia to Spain.

@jessiecat, the original Arabian UP does not include mosques in founded cities, only in conquered ones. I will fix that.

8. micbic

micbic Optimistic Pessimist

Currently playing as Bulgaria at viceroy (normally a Warlord player). Immediately DOWed Byzantines, captured Adrianople, Thessalonica and Serdika, asked for peace and was denied it (taken it only after capturing Athens and only by giving it back). Built Varna and Bolhorod and then Pathragada (didn't like it so restarted from last auto-save). Instead of Pathragada, founded Drats, and then streched through Adriatica by founding Preveza at south and Dubrovnik at north. Vassalized Hungary, and in 1200 AD (current age) I am first in score, around 100 points in front of Arabs (don't know any of the Spanish though)
    1) Will Pathragada be changed, or the area north odf Danube delta will be removed from Settler map of Bulgarians?
    2) Are the three captured cities enough for the second UHV condition?
    3) Is liberating cities, after war, meant as city loss, and so loss of first UHV condition?
    4) I was kinda surprised about the lack of obstacles in expanding at Adriatica, something historically only sparingly achieved by Bulgaria
    5) Favourite civic of all Paganism?
    Seems more balanced without stability. Thanks for the good job!!:)

Attached Files:

9. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

1) Map changes since we last edited the city name map, the name should be something else. Will be fixed (eventually).
    2) The UHV is by year X, thus it would register as soon as achieved. The goal should have been clarified, conquer Constantinople.
    3) Liberating cities should not count against the UHV (check the victory screen, it should still say Not Yet).
    4) Normally there would be Indep cities in the area, Ragusa, Drats and maybe others. Also, that would lead to a conflict with Venetia. Should check the Vassalization problem, Bulgaria should enter into war with Hungary.
    5) Favorite Civics and religions are still in the air. It is on the to-do list.

Could you post a savegame?

10. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

@3Miro. Just to report my Arabia game in the latest version (Nov.14, Monarch level). Thanks for the UHV changes you made, with mosques in every city. Also I tried the Islam spread in the way you suggested and got 28% by 960AD. Religious prosecutors were a big help. It fell back to 26% by 1000AD so lowering it to 25% was a good move. Got the 2 UHVs and Triumphal Arch so only the 3rd. condition to get which should be easy. I think we should make that one harder. Say 1500AD rather than 1700AD? What do you think?

11. micbic

@ 3Miro: Bulgarian UHV would be more realistic, if they didn't have to capture Constantinople. Perhaps Athens instead.
    Saved game is also included.

Attached Files:

12. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

@micbic: Olimpia is the furthest into Peloponnese that Bulgarian ever got, however, there was never a strong Bulgarian ruler that did not try to capture Constantinople. Bulgar raids tried to get it as early as 500AD and then the number of sieges that were laid is hard to count. It is hard, but it is realistic.

13. micbic

OK then. Thanks for the explanation.

14. micbic

15. micbic

16. micbic

17. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Quadruple post!:eek: This must be a new record.:lol:

18. micbic

Didn't want it!!!:lol:

19. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Chieftain

will you change the flags in the final version?

20. 3Miro

3Miro Chieftain

As of right now, flags are somewhat random. If you have better proposals, you could post the files here and sedna could add them when/if he gets time. Flags are a low priority, right now we are working on wonders.