RFCE++ Beta

I think I've got Beta 4, the readme is just so sloppy.

Guys, even if you want to play with ++, don't use Beta 4
Beta 3 (before the partial merge with K-mod) is far more stable, with far less bugs

Below is Morholt's Beta 3 with updated City Name Maps and a few other small details such as the tweaked Bohemian and Swedish UHVs mentioned in the change log for Beta 4.

In the future I will to try to merge this file more closely with RFCE 1.0 and hopefully produce something like what Morholt intended to be RFCE ++ 1.0.

I'm not going to try anything with K-mod as I'm not much of an experienced modder, but I'm going to try to move this project along in the other ways that I can. If anyone is interested in helping me pick up where Morholt left off, let me know.

Here is my work thus far.

RFCEuropePlusPlus "Beta 5"

I have a little problem about the graphics of the buildings in my cities, they are mixed, for exemple: the ethinics models are mixe, if i play with cordoba my cities have graphics of slavs and a stranges "cubes". How i can fix it?

I'm creating RFC Germania similarly to some of the ideas in RFCEurope ++ such as the HRE and more civs, so click the link in the signature. I could use all the help I can get.

I've noticed in RFCEurope++ that the populations of cities is lower.
Level 10 size is only about 80,000 people as opposed to half a million in the regular game.
How is this done? Anyone?

I've noticed in RFCEurope++ that the populations of cities is lower.
Level 10 size is only about 80,000 people as opposed to half a million in the regular game.
How is this done? Anyone?

It's not an RFCE++ setting, it's from RFCE
I also edited the way demographics screens show up and calculate statistics
Most of these things are in the .dll though, so requires recompiling the c++ files into a new .dll if edited.
I would advise against that unless you are an experiences modder/developer

Below is Morholt's Beta 3 with updated City Name Maps and a few other small details such as the tweaked Bohemian and Swedish UHVs mentioned in the change log for Beta 4.

In the future I will to try to merge this file more closely with RFCE 1.0 and hopefully produce something like what Morholt intended to be RFCE ++ 1.0.

I'm not going to try anything with K-mod as I'm not much of an experienced modder, but I'm going to try to move this project along in the other ways that I can. If anyone is interested in helping me pick up where Morholt left off, let me know.

Here is my work thus far.

RFCEuropePlusPlus "Beta 5"

The link to "Beta 5" is dead. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

I'm experiencing problems with Beta 3 in terms of city names, it seems out of sync with the map. :confused:

Not sure if this could be considered a fix or if it is even advisable, but I replaced the Beta 3 RFCEMaps.py with the one from Beta 4 and the city names map is no longer crazy.

Not sure if this could be considered a fix or if it is even advisable, but I replaced the Beta 3 RFCEMaps.py with the one from Beta 4 and the city names map is no longer crazy.

It should work without any issues
AFAIK the map wasn't changed between Beta 3 and Beta 4

The Beta 4 map is buggy. Even a fresh download shows this. It is as if the city names moved up two tiles and two tiles to the right in Western Europe (including Spain and the United Kingdom).

It is as if the city names moved up two tiles and two tiles to the right in Western Europe (including Spain and the United Kingdom).

Actually the map was changed
Back then I made a huge map overhaul in RFCE, and Morholt adapted it for RFCE++ without updating the city name maps

Moscow builds the capital named Pavlovo in beta 3. Can someone upload here a fix for city names only?

Maybe copy and paste the file (I can't remember what is was called, map.py or something) from Beta 3 to Beta 4? Or at least the Russian section.

Dear modders,
I hope we all realize that RFCE++ has many nice things and RFCE v 2.0 is very very far away. So in a mean time why wouldn't you create some playable patched RFCE++ Beta 3.5 with useful things from Beta 4. Like city names, updates 1260 file, etc. I mean any little salvageable improvement will be greatly appreciated! Not everything has to do with a source code!

For those who dont want to download 350+ MB for just one RFCEMaps.py file -- I am attaching one here from Beta 4. Together with 1260 scenario.

Attachments

• RFCEMaps.zip
    111.9 KB · Views: 218
Will see
Right now (actually for a couple weeks now) I have some dll issues with my latest RFCE changes

Well, thank you, guys...

Can you please help me with city names thing.

So with Beta 3 original files Muscovites found Pavlovo as their capital instead of Moscow. Pavlovo must be 1 tile south of Moscow, or 2 tiles south if 1 tile south is Moscow as well.

So I have replaced RFCEMaps.py from Beta 4, and contrary to what have been posted here -- it did not solve any problem! :wallbash: Silly Pavlovo again!

How can we fix this simple annoying issue without any source code discussions? Perhaps I need to replace city names Python file as well? Or do something else?

Probably the city names for Muscovy were not updated for Beta 4, only a couple (most?) other regions... but actually I don't think anyone remembers exactly what happened with the city name maps back then
Just compare the 2 .py files (from Beta 3 and Beta 4), and check if there were any changes for Muscovy
If no, then you have to make those changes for yourself. The map itself is outdated in ++ compared to the current RFCE version

You may also try this one, won't be perfect though
The Beta4 version you uploaded a few posts ago, updated with the latest CNM for Muscovy

Attachments

• RFCE++.zip
    117.1 KB · Views: 223
Top Bottom