RFCE++ Beta

i think the late scenario needs an adjustment on the UHVs, like Byzantium. You only have 8 turns to reconquer about 10 provinces. This means war with bulgaria + seljuk + mongols, which you can´t afford.

Not only the UHVs but also the tech need to be balanced too, you have a -25% malus when discovering late techs. That makes things pretty impossible to be done.

I do see something that is a bit probamatic.

Mainly Islamic nations being called Caliphates.

By default, this implies they have claimed the title of Caliph.

Shia, Ibadi, Sunni, any denomination of Islam, one thing is pretty much clear: The Caliph is the leader of all of Islam.

This means that if there is another state that has claimed to be the Caliph, it is inherently a pretender from the viewpoint of the first state to claim it. And vis versa.

These two states really shouldnt get along. A Shia nation would be on even worse terms, for they believe it must be an imam who is a descendant of Muhammad himself . Since Shia isnt represented, that isnt a issue.

But My point is that if two Islamic states have a Dynamic name which declares them Shia, they should have a negative modifier to opinion to represent the fact that one of them is a false claimant.

I do see something that is a bit probamatic.

Mainly Islamic nations being called Caliphates.

By default, this implies they have claimed the title of Caliph.

Shia, Ibadi, Sunni, any denomination of Islam, one thing is pretty much clear: The Caliph is the leader of all of Islam.

This means that if there is another state that has claimed to be the Caliph, it is inherently a pretender from the viewpoint of the first state to claim it. And vis versa.

These two states really shouldnt get along. A Shia nation would be on even worse terms, for they believe it must be an imam who is a descendant of Muhammad himself . Since Shia isnt represented, that isnt a issue.

But My point is that if two Islamic states have a Dynamic name which declares them Shia, they should have a negative modifier to opinion to represent the fact that one of them is a false claimant.

There were plenty of civs/states within the time period of the mod that claimed to be Caliphates though (Abbasids, Cordoba, Fatimids, even Almohads i think). I'm not knowledgeable on which sect they were part of, but i know Fatimids were Shia and i believe most of the others were Sunni. There maybe could be some sort of diplomatic malus coded in.

Have the C++ sources for this ever been released somewhere?

No, Morholt never sent it to me, or anyone else AFAIK :/
I have to do everything (I want to include) from scratch

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but how does one go about finding the source code? From everything i've read here it sounds like something that can't be found just by looking through files.

For this mod it's under Mods/RFCEurope/CvGameCoreDLL/
All the .cpp and .h files there. That's lots and lots of C++ code, most from base Civ IV, with changes in varios places for most bigger mods.
You have to compile those into a .dll (a dynamic-link library), in order to run the mod or the game itself. It won't need the source itself, only this dynamic library.
OtoH the dll doesn't give access to the files it was compiled from, so no access to the actual code.
Morholt only included the dll, but not the source code itself.

Civ IV got this moddable, when Firaxis released the source code a couple years into the game's life
Obviously the .dll was there all along, but that's when they released all the source files

PS: It wasn't a nice thing of Morholt not to add the source files. Especially since he based it entirely on the RFCE source, and only coded a few things there himself
Few, but very crucial: some UPs, UHVs, parts of HRE and Unions mechanics, etc.

AFAIK almost all mods include the source code too in this friendly modding community, not just the .dll
So everyone can learn from other people's modding, and improve their own work if the changes there suit them

That's really unfortunate. I'm here in particular for some of the AI diplomacy aspects that have been pointed out to me (canceling OBs more often, declaring war over refused demands).

That's really unfortunate. I'm here in particular for some of the AI diplomacy aspects that have been pointed out to me (canceling OBs more often, declaring war over refused demands).

Unfortunately I cannot really help you :/
I have no information at all on those changes of RFCE++
Sounds interesting though, I will also want to tweak those eventually

Can anyone post a working link for this mod? Both links in the beginning aren't working

The Beta versions of RFCE are from the long long ago. RFCE itself is still under steady development, they just pushed a huge update a coupla months ago.

Top Bottom