RFCEurope 1.3

Welcome back all! I'm your old player.

But where can I download the latest version?

1.3 isn't officially released yet, but it's very close
It will come in the usual way, but until then you have to use the SVN version if you want to check the improvements
Myri linked the thread where I explain how to use it, if you are not familiar with the concept.

PS: Welcome back!
Naturally I remember you too, as I remember all old and new forumers here, with all the useful feedback you guys give :)

I played as the Scottish recently. I didn't build enough good cities that could make Castles quickly, nor did I rush to grab stone. My impression is that the highland barbarians are not very difficult to deal with for the human player, but perhaps they are difficult for AI.

I played as the Scottish recently. I didn't build enough good cities that could make Castles quickly, nor did I rush to grab stone. My impression is that the highland barbarians are not very difficult to deal with for the human player, but perhaps they are difficult for AI.

There are no more Highhlander barbarians if the Scots are alive
Just uploaded my new commit:

Updated the timeline of the mod
Reordered the civilizations into a chronological order
Fixed small mistake in Danish and Dutch UHV screens
Further tweaks on the fort-to-walls feature, now it works as intended in all possible situations
Removed preplaced walls for some cities (as that would mean even after a city is razed, resettling would still result in free walls)
Instead of those preplaced walls there are preplaced forts on the map
A couple additional forts on the map in the area of some historical fortifications
Added reduce city mechanics (to towns for example) on a given turn or event - could be useful for many UHVs

Livonian Order as barbs (Sword Brethen) in the area before the Prussian spawn
Pre-Lithanian barbs (Baltic Heathens) for human Prussia a couple turns before the Lithuanian spawn
Banu Hilal and Bani Hassan barbs in Morocco and Tunesia
Danishmend barbarians for Byzantium after the Seljuks
Barbarian Serbs in the Balkans before the Byzantine 2nd UHV, especially for the human player
Barbarian Anglo Saxons spawning in Wessex and Mercia to represent the resistance to Danish rule
Barbarian Scottish Highlanders only spawn when Scotland is dead
Barbarian Vikings in the 9-10th century, in small numbers for the AI (and only if the player is not Norway), but a bigger threat to human France
Further separated barbs for the human and the AI
AI civs won't get extra barbarians on harder levels. Also somewhat less extra barbs for the human player on harder levels
Slightly tuned down general number of barbs for Byzantium, France, Cordoba
2 new unit types, only as barbs: Bedouin, Turcoman Horse Archer

1 extra Huskarl for Denmark on spawn
New unit art for Huskarl
Indy city in Svealand province: Uppsala, spawns in 800AD
Svealand changed to border/contested, until the Swedish spawn
Götaland also needed for the 1st UHV
Indy city in East Anglia province: Norwich, spawns in 640AD
Indy city in Mercia province: Nottingham, spawns in 867AD
York (Eboracum) starts in 500AD
Uppsala reduced to town on the Swedish spawn, Norwich and Nottingham on the English spawn
So you have to settle Denmark, Skaneland, and Götaland, and conquer Svealand, Vestfold, London, East Anglia, Mercia, Northumbria

I'm really curious about the opinions on both the barb changes, and the new Danish UHV
Have fun!

ill check the danish' again then

I'm also playing a test game with them to check the 1st UHV
Seems a little too hard ATM
Stability can be a real issue, so I will probably add another settler - which is meant to be settled in your core territory for extra stability

Also, I'm thinking about Norway...
Maybe it would be better, if the 1st UHV left them alone
Conquering Norway and Sweden is the main goal of the 2nd UHV after all
If Norway is already crippled, and probably collapsed after ~1050, there is no real point in that.

I would like to see a replacement for the lighthouse for cities not coastal. Paris and Cordoba should not be smaller (less Health) and with less trade than other cities.

bye Myri

Maybe we can use some of the UUs from the extra civs in RFCE++ not currently in the main mod as extra mercs/barbs?

Maybe we can use some of the UUs from the extra civs in RFCE++ not currently in the main mod as extra mercs/barbs?

Actually ++ got many if it's UUs from mercenaries in RFCE ;)
AFAIK there are not that many RFCE++ units that are not used here
There are a couple, like the Bohemian War Wagon /Wagon Fort, and the Serbian Vlastela, but nothing else pops in my mind right now
What do you have in mind?

Actually ++ got many if it's UUs from mercenaries in RFCE ;)
AFAIK there are not that many RFCE++ units that are not used here
There are a couple, like the Bohemian War Wagon /Wagon Fort, and the Serbian Vlastela, but nothing else pops in my mind right now
What do you have in mind?

My main idea was just to use those civs UUs as mercs for the main mod.

Example: Manluks are in RFCE ++ only, but in the main mod Arabia could get their UU as a merc (probably tied to the egypt province)

In the same vein, Austria could get bohemian war wagons as a merc tied to the Bohemia (possibly Moravia as well) province, civs controlling Serbia can hire the Serbian UU as a merc, etc. or they could also be barbs to represent revolts/independence movements in those regions (like how RFCE++ has the Hussite revolt using War Wagons).

Just a way to use those extra units in the main mod while it's not including the extra civs (the Turcoman Horse Archer is already a barb unit no? I see it in the civlopedia).

I still got a python exception related to free walls on fort when I build a city not on a fort.

I decided to set the starting date of the late start scenario on 1200 AD. (Turn 200) A very important argument for including the late start is the reduced waiting time of later starting civs. A 1260AD has IMO to few civs spawning after it. (only 4) A 1200 AD start would 8 civs have a later spawning time. I want to give the player the freedom how to play the first few turns of those civs.

Was Nottingham an important centre in Mercia? Personally I would be more inclined to use Leicester to represent eastern Mercia (Since Tamworth is too far west for a Danelaw-centric UHV).

I still got a python exception related to free walls on fort when I build a city not on a fort.

That's only possible if you loaded a savegame

I decided to set the starting date of the late start scenario on 1200 AD. (Turn 200) A very important argument for including the late start is the reduced waiting time of later starting civs. A 1260AD has IMO to few civs spawning after it. (only 4) A 1200 AD start would 8 civs have a later spawning time. I want to give the player the freedom how to play the first few turns of those civs.

Alright, 1200 also works for me

Was Nottingham an important centre in Mercia? Personally I would be more inclined to use Leicester to represent eastern Mercia (Since Tamworth is too far west for a Danelaw-centric UHV).

We can call it Leicester
That plot is currently Coventry on the English CNM anyway

Top Bottom