Rhye's and Fall of Asia - Version 1.1

While the Khmer were quite syncretic regarding Buddhism later on, they're much more of a Hindu culture.

Problem is you can't get the Buddhist wonders if you become all Hindu from the start. I've always understood it this way that I'm supposed to take Indrapura and hope that Buddhism also spreads to Angkor soon after.

While the Khmer were quite syncretic regarding Buddhism later on, they're much more of a Hindu culture.
You're right on this one.
Not forcing a religion though is a way to represent that syncretic aspect
Problem is you can't get the Buddhist wonders if you become all Hindu from the start. I've always understood it this way that I'm supposed to take Indrapura and hope that Buddhism also spreads to Angkor soon after.
That is the plan in a nutshell.

However...

:shifty:

@all:
Are you still here?
I have a really important announcement to make. A personal one.
Since November i'm working on my thesis and as it turns out i'm finished now. Tomorrow, it's going to be printed, the day after, i'll turn it in, but most important of all, on Friday i'll drive to Frankfurt to hop into a plane that takes me to Tokyo.
That's a thing i wanted to do for a long time (i saved money for like 3 years now), and now finally it's going into realization. And since i'll be in Tokyo, i might as well spend the next 6 months there... at least:). They screwed the Visa up, so i technically can be there for a whole year:lol:.
I'm sorry that i have to surprise you with that, but i didn't want to announce before it's home and dry.
So for RFCA, this means that i have to take quite a long break from modding as a whole. By all means, you can't expect me to sit on a computer the whole day in the birthplace of Nintendo, the home of Manga and the land of those gorgeous girls;)
It's a pity that i didn't even came to play this weekend. On Friday i had a stressful 9 hour trip to Munich to pick up the Visa, on Saturday i helped friends moving into a new house, and on Sunday my brother left with his computer, so i didn't even came to include some bugfixes i was looking forward to:(.
As for the future of RFCA, i didn't plan so far:mischief: It's more like anyone can take it over if they feel like it. Though the first shot is on merijn, obviously. You can even turn the whole organization into a Democracy once the vile Despot has resigned... think of the possibilities, you might even change Ghaznavid's UHVs :cringe:
I will include everything i own right now into the SVN.

Besides seeing the Itsukushima Shrine (for being a wonder in RFCA:p), i have no certain plans what to do in Japan. I guess i'll look into the forum once in a while (i love you all. Seriously:love:), if i find some time of course on my daily doing-whatever-the-f-i-want routine :sleep: This will be the first time since i entered Kindergarten 20 years ago that i can lean back and let the time pass.

Anyhow, i really enjoyed modding here, not to mention the disscussions. Whenever i feel, i will be back home, i will continue modding, and propably buy a computer on my own. A lot of crazy ideas needs to be put into mods.

I went 5 years on a University and all i got was this lousy caffeine addiction. And a degree in Math.:coffee:
Peace out :D

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120423.JPG
    Snapshot_20120423.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 312
you can't expect me to sit on a computer the whole day in the birthplace of Nintendo, the home of Manga and the land of those gorgeous girls;)
I'm scandinavian and live with scandinavian girls all around... BEAT THAT! :p

Haha, just joking. Congrats on your degree and have a nice vacation/stay in Japan, and don't you worry about Ghaznavids, I'll keep your minions in line while you're gone ;)

Post some more pictures of jap qtp's, will you? :D

And fat congrats on making the degree. :cheers::clap::worship::w00t::high5:

sorry to see you go.

you were a great inspiration to me, both in your determination to see things through and your liberal minded, fun-first approach to modding. I hope you have a good time wherever you go.

cheers!

Oh no! :shake: I mean congrats, man! :goodjob: Next goal must be PhD -- no Japanese girl will go out with Math major otherwise :p And 6 year PhD means tons of time for RFCA 1 and 2 (the history of Asia does not stop after after 1500 AD, does it?).

But poor RFCA.... First BlackWhole, now CA... Rhye is also in Japan, isn't he? Why all the modders end up in Japan I wonder? They think we wont be able to reach them there with our love? :D

RFCA became so good, I can't believe you can just let it go like this. There are some computers and Internet in Japan, last time I checked.... Perhaps you could continue modding every other Wednesday :please:?

But seriously thanks for a great job! We love you back! :rockon:

I'm scandinavian and live with scandinavian girls all around... BEAT THAT! :p

Haha, just joking. Congrats on your degree and have a nice vacation/stay in Japan, and don't you worry about Ghaznavids, I'll keep your minions in line while you're gone ;)
Oh you and your Scandivanian girls:)
Post some more pictures of jap qtp's, will you? :D

And fat congrats on making the degree. :cheers::clap::worship::w00t::high5:
Thanks for the congrats.
I thought of making some videos for my family, maybe i'll sub them in English and put them on my youtube channel.
sorry to see you go.

you were a great inspiration to me, both in your determination to see things through and your liberal minded, fun-first approach to modding. I hope you have a good time wherever you go.

cheers!
I was an inspriration? Not bad.
Good luck with your modmod:goodjob: Keep 'em hungry.
Oh no! :shake: I mean congrats, man! :goodjob: Next goal must be PhD -- no Japanese girl will go out with Math major otherwise :p And 6 year PhD means tons of time for RFCA 1 and 2 (the history of Asia does not stop after after 1500 AD, does it?).

But poor RFCA.... First BlackWhole, now CA... Rhye is also in Japan, isn't he? Why all the modders end up in Japan I wonder? They think we wont be able to reach them there with our love? :D

RFCA became so good, I can't believe you can just let it go like this. There are some computers and Internet in Japan, last time I checked.... Perhaps you could continue modding every other Wednesday :please:?

But seriously thanks for a great job! We love you back! :rockon:
Making a PhD is the current plan. Life at University is awesome and i want it to continue forever:cry:
And i wait for the moment when this urge to go to Japan rises in srpt:lol:

Rhye is also in Japan, isn't he?

Not anymore. He's in Germany right now. It seems like CA and Rhye swapped countries. ;)

@ CA

Congrats. I will take over the coding. I don't have much plans for changes, but if there is a bug I can fix, I certainly will. Good luck in Japan.

I have a practical question: patch 1.1 needs to be installed after the mod? (It doesn´t relate to the Music or Wonders modules?) :confused:

Tried Harappa on the 3000 BC start: I start with 10,000 score and the game crashes after turn 44...

I have a practical question: patch 1.1 needs to be installed after the mod? (It doesn´t relate to the Music or Wonders modules?) :confused:
Put v1.1 (The folder is called "RFCA" and is within the .7z, not "RFCA v1.1") into Beyond The Sword/Mods. The patch constain necessary python and XML file, so when you put its "RFCA" into the Mods folder, you should be asked to overwrite a lot of files.
Same goes for the modules.
Tried Harappa on the 3000 BC start: I start with 10,000 score and the game crashes after turn 44...
:eek: The 10.000 points is kind of funny. Never had that before.
It could be caused by a messed-up tech assigning:confused:

But as DC123456789 said, best would be to delete the current mod and trying it again.

Congrats. I will take over the coding. I don't have much plans for changes, but if there is a bug I can fix, I certainly will. Good luck in Japan.
Thanks.
I can still try to assist you with DLL coding a little, but i can't playtest it. Otherwise, all my files should be in the SVN, and i will still be around. Have fun :goodjob:

Thanks.
I can still try to assist you with DLL coding a little, but i can't playtest it. Otherwise, all my files should be in the SVN, and i will still be around. Have fun :goodjob:

Save your energie. I don't have any knowledge about DLL. I won't even try it. And I'm to busy now for learning it.

Spoiler :
Maybe in the future sometime.:mischief:

However, I found a bug. I can't open the civilopedia. This caused by a python bug in most cases.

Save your energie. I don't have any knowledge about DLL. I won't even try it. And I'm to busy now for learning it.

Spoiler :
Maybe in the future sometime.:mischief:

However, I found a bug. I can't open the civilopedia. This caused by a python bug in most cases.
It sounds as if i made a typo in the python code somewhere (a missing ':' can just wreak havoc). What does the python exception say?

... Hey wait, you still owe me a building... :eek:

Anyway, to make it easy for you, I say as before... a box in a mountain will be just perfect. If you could assign the box to this texture included here, I'll finish it up later ;)

Yeah I know... that's a darn good texture

Goddammit. I would have forgotten that.
I hope this works.
Spoiler :

I don't get any when I try to open the civilopedia. (I'm sure I anabled python exceptions)
:undecide: That's bad. Could you try it with the python files from the former revision? iirc I only fixed the Han goal in python, that could be readded.

Attachments

• Svalbard.7z
    52.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Svalbard.png
    Svalbard.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 265
Thanks, looks good. I'll get around to finishing it in the weekend. Have a nice stay in Japan.

CA, I know you've probably already stopped with actual development work but since you've mentioned your continuous territory algorithm and its shortcomings I thought I'd share my implementation. It's basically a poor man's A* algorithm, don't know if that's actually overkill, but it works, and it's a lot more elegant. Unfortunately Python lacks a data structure with an O(log(n)) sorted insertion method so it's not perfectly efficient, but whatever.

Code:
	def isConnectedByRailroad(self, iPlayer, iStartX, iStartY, iTargetX, iTargetY):
		startPlot = gc.getMap().plot(iStartX, iStartY)
		if not (startPlot.isCity() and startPlot.getOwner() == iPlayer): return False

lNodes = [(-utils.calculateDistance(iStartX, iStartY, iTargetX, iTargetY), iStartX, iStartY)]
		lVisitedNodes = []

while len(lNodes) > 0:
			h, x, y = lNodes[0]
			lNodes.remove((h, x, y))
			lVisitedNodes.append((h, x, y))

for i in range(x-1, x+2):
				for j in range(y-1, y+2):
					plot = gc.getMap().plot(i, j)
					if plot.getOwner() == iPlayer and (plot.isCity() or plot.getRouteType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString("ROUTE_RAILROAD")):
						if (i, j) == (iTargetX, iTargetY): return True
						tTuple = (-utils.calculateDistance(i, j, iTargetX, iTargetY), i, j)
						if not tTuple in lVisitedNodes:
							lNodes.append(tTuple)

lNodes.sort()

return False
I also required cities or railroads for my Trans-Siberian Railway goal, but obviously you could easily remove that part to get a continuous territory check.

Top Bottom