Rhye's and Fall of Britannia

Okay, that's not too important right know, but it's a good idea to think about early on which spots a civ should preferably settle.
I am thinking about that. I'm just laying the first layer of cement first. That is in the third layer. Once I have a working Pre-Alpha(second layer) of it without Rhye's large contribution, I will post it on here.

But also, just thinking about Powys... They should have some power that has something to do with vassals I think. Do you think so?

Unfortunately my knowledge of pre-Norman England is limited to the Heptarchy states mostly.

Unfortunately my knowledge of pre-Norman England is limited to the Heptarchy states mostly.

Well, more is known about Boudica's rebellion then there is about Post-Roman Britain. All of the Welsh kingdoms and early Germanic kingdoms would be a little bit shady for leaderheads, history, UHV's, UB's, and UU's as much is not known as it was the Dark Ages.

Maybe it's worth a thought for the scenario to give out (maybe multiple) UUs for all civs that belong to the same culture group. For example, all Anglo-Saxons civs would have a Fyrd UU.

Maybe it's worth a thought for the scenario to give out (maybe multiple) UUs for all civs that belong to the same culture group. For example, all Anglo-Saxons civs would have a Fyrd UU.
I was already thinking along those lines. :D

Well, more is known about Boudica's rebellion then there is about Post-Roman Britain. All of the Welsh kingdoms and early Germanic kingdoms would be a little bit shady for leaderheads, history, UHV's, UB's, and UU's as much is not known as it was the Dark Ages.

I assume by Dark Ages you are referring to the societal collapse in the fifth and sixth centuries in Britain because of the Saxon invasions

If you want I can help decide unique things for the kingdoms. I don't know much about that era but I can do some research.

If you want I can help decide unique things for the kingdoms. I don't know much about that era but I can do some research.
That would be alot of help. :) I can only think of a legionnaire-like unit((Welsh civs only)) and war dogs((edited wolves)).

This intrigues me and I like it. A number of questions:

1) What kind of start date and end date do you propose for this? I can see this starting with the Roman collapse (filling the role of the Native/Independent civs in other RFCs) to War of the Roses/Tudor supremacy, but you could scale that down too.

2) Beyond the original Rhye's code, would we add any other features from other RFC mods? Obviously the SoI/RFC:E province system is be a must, but there are other cool features too. I especially like the idea of adding SoI's titles system that go along with various regions (Duke of Lancaster, Duke of York, Lord of Mann, Prince of Wales, etc.) and other accomplishments (Fidei defensor comes to mind). Maybe even RFC:A's "mandate of heaven" system for the English crown?

3) And finally, what features would be entirely new? Are there any aspects of British Isles history that can be uniquely represented in this mod?

This intrigues me and I like it. A number of questions:

1) What kind of start date and end date do you propose for this? I can see this starting with the Roman collapse (filling the role of the Native/Independent civs in other RFCs) to War of the Roses/Tudor supremacy, but you could scale that down too.

2) Beyond the original Rhye's code, would we add any other features from other RFC mods? Obviously the SoI/RFC:E province system is be a must, but there are other cool features too. I especially like the idea of adding SoI's titles system that go along with various regions (Duke of Lancaster, Duke of York, Lord of Mann, Prince of Wales, etc.) and other accomplishments (Fidei defensor comes to mind). Maybe even RFC:A's "mandate of heaven" system for the English crown?

3) And finally, what features would be entirely new? Are there any aspects of British Isles history that can be uniquely represented in this mod?

1) I was thinking Roman collapse to about 50 turns after the Norman conquest (In history) Reason being: Nobody wants to play an RFC with less than 8 civilizations.
2a) The province system IS a must.
2b) That would be an interesting feature.
3) I was also thinking of grouping certain kingdoms into a Civ(like the Welsh, Scots, Irish, etc... sort of idea with a High King, UU's, UB's. I'm also planing on making Irish and Vikings where the AI will have barbarian traits but will be playable and can be negotiated with.
High King idea - It is like the apostolic palace and UN but based on for example the Welsh kingdoms. That means that only the Welsh kingdoms could build it, only Welsh kingdoms would be represented, and you could order a vote to be called to declare war on an entire group of people. ((available for all but Romans, Normans and Vikings.)) Saxon/Angle/Jute kingdoms would be grouped together.

I am open to ideas.

1) I was thinking Roman collapse to about 50 turns after the Norman conquest (In history) Reason being: Nobody wants to play an RFC with less than 8 civilizations.

RoI and especially RFC:A have different civs for different dynasties, it wouldn't be too difficult to do the same for this one: House of Wessex, the Normans, House of Plantagenet, then House of Lancaster, House of York and House of Tudor.

3) I was also thinking of grouping certain kingdoms into a Civ(like the Welsh, Scots, Irish, etc... sort of idea with a High King, UU's, UB's. I'm also planing on making Irish and Vikings where the AI will have barbarian traits but will be playable and can be negotiated with.
High King idea - It is like the apostolic palace and UN but based on for example the Welsh kingdoms. That means that only the Welsh kingdoms could build it, only Welsh kingdoms would be represented, and you could order a vote to be called to declare war on an entire group of people. ((available for all but Romans, Normans and Vikings.)) Saxon/Angle/Jute kingdoms would be grouped together.

You can make them different civs and, off the top of my head, adapt RFCE's religion system with four religions: Roman paganism, Celtic paganism, Norse paganism and Christianity. Or just take the points system and adapt it to purely cultural aspects.

RoI and especially RFC:A have different civs for different dynasties, it wouldn't be too difficult to do the same for this one: House of Wessex, the Normans, House of Plantagenet, then House of Lancaster, House of York and House of Tudor.

You can make them different civs and, off the top of my head, adapt RFCE's religion system with four religions: Roman paganism, Celtic paganism, Norse paganism and Christianity. Or just take the points system and adapt it to purely cultural aspects.

1) That is a good idea! Thank you. That would allow it to be expanded to the War of the Roses.

2) Thing is though, ... Some Welsh kingdoms followed Christianity, some followed the Celtic religion when the Romans left. Some also stuck to Hellenism(Roman version) but it didn't stick. My idea is to have another thing entirely added to the game(If possible) adding a bonus for being in the same general group of people (Welsh, Saxons, etc.). Your idea for the religion connection would not work as Post-Roman Britannia, concerning religion, was chaotic. Christianity, Roman Mythology, and Celtic Mythology(Druids) split the Celts/Welsh into several succession kingdoms. I would make 4 religions(Norse and Anglo-Saxon religions are close) and name them Hellenism, Druidism, Christianity, and Germanic Mythos(encompassing the multiple religions of Germany, Eastern Europe, and Scandanavia).

Example of religions: Dumnonia would start as Christianity, Anglia start Germanic Mythos, Some of the South-Eastern kingdoms would be Hellenism, and Powys would be Druidism.

I agree that cultural links should be at least as important to diplomacy as religion.

It's absolutely no problem to mod something like that.

What about strathclyde?
Didn't see this. I already have Strathclyde made as Scottish. They will be special scots though with some Welsh UU's and UB's. Should I also throw Dalriada in there? :D

Anyways, Artebatia, Lundein, Linnuis, Rheged, Cerniw, and Dumnonia would have a different UB added onto the cultural UB(Once I think of a UB for these kingdoms or someone else mentions a UB that might work).

Also: I have a UHV for Dumnonia: Control "Cornwall" by (500 or 600) AD

This sounds like an awesome idea. I'll be watching, and even assisting in history if the moment comes. Will Ireland be included in this mod?

This sounds like an awesome idea. I'll be watching, and even assisting in history if the moment comes. Will Ireland be included in this mod?
Look at the first post.:D Not only are they included(4 kingdoms in Ireland, 1 or 2 in Wales), but they will also be playable and have their own UHV's, UU's, and UB's. The Vikings and Normans would also be playable. the civs that would start would be the Irish civs in Ireland, Dumnonia, and the Picts with a Byzantine-like Roman Empire.

Look at the first post.:D Not only are they included(4 kingdoms in Ireland, 1 or 2 in Wales), but they will also be playable and have their own UHV's, UU's, and UB's. The Vikings and Normans would also be playable. the civs that would start would be the Irish civs in Ireland, Dumnonia, and the Picts with a Byzantine-like Roman Empire.

Oh, right. In my haste to read, it seems I skipped over some bits. This should be very good if done right. Dark Ages Britain was a very dynamic place.

Oh, right. In my haste to read, it seems I skipped over some bits. This should be very good if done right. Dark Ages Britain was a very dynamic place.
Exactly. And at the same time, it's also a quite closed system (excepting Norse and Normans), which is also very important.

Top Bottom