Rhye's and Fall of Britannia

I was thinking, because these kingdoms are very small compared to civilisations, then maybe kingdoms from one country should all have the same unique power, unit and building, but not the same UHVs. For example, all the Welsh kingdoms would have the same UP, UB and UUs, but UHVs are unique to each.

I was thinking, because these kingdoms are very small compared to civilisations, then maybe kingdoms from one country should all have the same unique power, unit and building, but not the same UHVs. For example, all the Welsh kingdoms would have the same UP, UB and UUs, but UHVs are unique to each.

I was already thinking along those lines. I was also thinking however, of have a truly UB for each kingdom as well as the UB for the Welsh Kingdoms(in general). They would have different UPs based on their role during that time period.

Your mod sounds really interesing
I will also keep track of your progress
Good luck!

I'm looking forward to this mod, but i wouldn't waste too much time thinking about UPs and UHVs now. I once tried to make a modmod from the scratch, and thinking about a tech tree, buildings and units in general, everything with balanced cost, was a nightmare. And that's essential to have a playable alpha.
I'm there to help, if you need me. Good Luck:goodjob:

I'm looking forward to this mod, but i wouldn't waste too much time thinking about UPs and UHVs now. I once tried to make a modmod from the scratch, and thinking about a tech tree, buildings and units in general, everything with balanced cost, was a nightmare. And that's essential to have a playable alpha.
I'm there to help, if you need me. Good Luck:goodjob:
Okay. thanks.

Don't put too much trust in online maps. The ones linked in this thread are highly speculative. To be polite about it. Of course, so much about that period is, but having nice colourful maps with nice sharp lines implies a far greater degree of certainty than is remotely justified. There's no reliable evidence for half those lowland British kingdoms even existing that I'm aware of, never mind their borders.

Don't put too much trust in online maps. The ones linked in this thread are highly speculative. To be polite about it. Of course, so much about that period is, but having nice colourful maps with nice sharp lines implies a far greater degree of certainty than is remotely justified. There's no reliable evidence for half those lowland British kingdoms even existing that I'm aware of, never mind their borders.
I am well aware of that. I'm only using them for province stability for the kingdoms later.

I'm not sure about Buellt, Ceredigion, that little one in the middle that you can't see it's name, Gewissae, and some of those far north Scottish kingdoms.

Also not sure of Pengwern & Dogreiling, Ergyng, and Fib.

What will be the time frame? Depending on that, you might want to look at The Ancient Mediterranean or RFCE for techs, units and buildings.
What about art? Did you find enough? If i got some spare time, i can help you converting it.

What will be the time frame? Depending on that, you might want to look at The Ancient Mediterranean or RFCE for techs, units and buildings.
What about art? Did you find enough? If i got some spare time, i can help you converting it.

I haven't been looking for art yet except for static leaderheads and flags. I have enough of those for now but I would need to add more civs and fix the map((Just grasslands, hills, and mountains - no forests or resources)) before I begin to worry about the tech tree and configuring the timeline. The timeline will however be from about the time the Romans left Britannia((400 ADish)) to either some time after Norman conquest or to the War of the Roses.

I vote for Norman Conquest. Representing the following period is hard without France and it's getting boring once the Plantagenets control everything anyway.

I vote for Norman Conquest. Representing the following period is hard without France and it's getting boring once the Plantagenets control everything anyway.
That is what I was originally thinking. Now we have that out of the way, I'm going to need a little help. I'm building the civs but can someone build-up the bare map I have((put forest in the right places, resources in the right places)) It's on the first page. Thanks.

What about the various wars in Wales and with Scotland? Or the Wars of the Roses...

What about the various wars in Wales and with Scotland? Or the Wars of the Roses...
I guess it's not out of the way. It could still be interesting to the War of the Roses. I'll let you guys argue it out between yourselves.

Any conflict with Scotland becomes meaningless without the Auld Alliance. And the Wars of the Roses would need additional York and Lancaster civs and would shift the whole concept more on the dynastic level.

Any conflict with Scotland becomes meaningless without the Auld Alliance. And the Wars of the Roses would need additional York and Lancaster civs and would shift the whole concept more on the dynastic level.

True. I think it could work though. SoI manages to pull it off, does it not?

Bump. I'm sorry, but that was a pretty pitiful argument. The mod is progressing at a snails pace. I need someone to help me by finding flags and LHs for the Saxons, Normans, Irish, and Scottish for me to use please and thank you.

Bump. I'm sorry, but that was a pretty pitiful argument. The mod is progressing at a snails pace. I need someone to help me by finding flags and LHs for the Saxons, Normans, Irish, and Scottish for me to use please and thank you.
I could make some flags.
What kind of flags do you want? Two-colored ones like in Vanilla BtS or one with a picture on them like in SoI?

Top Bottom