• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rhye's Catapult

I wish I could get my browser to post screenshots. I found a stack of six settlers in S. America, with all their amigos from France and England.

Good to know that Rhye knows whats going on as usual :p

In other news, I will be playing FfH 2 this weekend, so no interesting test info.

I did manage to conquer all of Central/South America, due to the Incas going belly up during a conquest. Its handy when you are sitting there on the last city, just waiting because it is on a hill with high def values and you left your siege equipment in Europe, and suddenly all the troops disappear and it goes barb! Woo hoo!

V. Soma said:
Welcome on board, MrThing! :)

Thank you very much Soma.
I imagine that I will stay on board for some time.
This Mod is already adding more to the game experience than the I expect from the Expansion (although the inclusion of Vassel states will be great).

No, just checked. Was all FfH happy, so my autosave got saved over. :<

Forgive me! I've been sleeping with other mods! :p

Aeon221 said:
Forgive me! I've been sleeping with other mods! :p
:worship:
Whispers: holy **** dudes, this guy can civ in his sleep. :eek:

Rhye, here is a tech-test-table :)

As you can see, things get running "out of pace"
after about the time civs get Gunpowder.

Problems may be caused by the human player, as through tech-trading...
but my guess is that AI also does heavy trading...

What I would like to have is an elongated middle ages but maybe
this should be more true of industrial age!

I imagine that Apollo shouldn't take 30-40 turns to get completed.
If we could make that modern age begins at around 1850 or later,
then a faster Space Ship rush would be better - IMO...

EDIT:
USA: he has got good chance to expand, and yet is not developed much

Attachments

• rhye-052-tech.JPG
    rhye-052-tech.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 70
Rhye, something strange happened:

in 1840:

Russia (with tanks btw), China and Japan had assault on Mongolia.

In one turn
Russia captured Tiflis and Sanchu,
China captured Beshbalik and Turfan,
Japan captured Ning-hsia

Poor Mongols...

But the real problem is that I read the following in the event log:

Beshbalik, Turfan, Ning-hsia, Old Sarai and Kazan are captured
by the Barbarian State! How come?Oh, and Mongolia got destroyed.

I have the save-file...

/Could it be that indeed the Barbs did it,
only then China and Japan came in the same turn
and captured these barb cities?
I will have a re-load to watch this/

EDIT:

I checked - there were NO barbs... :eek:

The following happened:

Russia captured one or two city and then all the rest 4-5 turned into barbarian,
and empty, thus Japan and China could get it... ehh... Mongolia "collapsed"?

ok, last try then. I'll post v54 by the evening (GMT +1, as usual)

- Dropped the ’B’: from now on it goes without saying
- Lutetia bug fixed
- Japanese citymap added
- Tuned Arabia and USA
- BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE raised to 17 (let’s try..in case we’ll switch back)
- Catapults pushed back to Mathematics
- Cannons strength lowered to 10 and pushed back to Gunpowder
- GreatWorkCulture reduced to 2000
- Great Persons modifiers retuned
- Dawn of Man now displays correct starting date
- Areas that AI should value more for sending settlers now working
- Settlers spam bug now should really be fixed
- Removed uneffective old fixes
- Timeline slightly reduced (460 turns)
- Increased cost of some industrial and modern techs
- Caribbean area slightly improved

That should help a lot with the barbs. Even the AI sing your praises!

Just wanted to mention that SE Asia is a fairly good area for colonizing. Spain, in between 20min waits, is slowly pushing all others out of there. Its so cool to see Yellow all over the earth. I'ma play as the Americans next game and ff to see how Spain and England do.

A Few Observations from my Current Game:

-Most things seem fairly well balanced.
-Russia AI is VERY tech savy and tends to becomes a tech power house. With her size this makes her much more powerful than any of the European powers by 1750.
-America has too much trouble catching up with the other civs. Probably needs to be strengthened from beginning or with 19th century events if she is going to become a major power. The Americain AI does not seem to produce many workers.
- The general Civ IV problem of the AI not being aggressive enough continues in which there are infnite military buildups. To keep up with the build-up is annying as a player because mananging all those units is tedious even if one makes lots of stacks.
- I think that what the game really needs is an alliance system in which the AI can ask another, "If we and empire A attack empire B will you, empire C, join in?" Then they speak to A, tell them that C is in if they are in and A responds yes or no (normal offers of money, tech, etc. would still be included). If A responds yes then C is is expected to declare war on B as well. They could opt out but take a big dipomact hit. This is the sort of thing that we need from an expansion pack since the AI needs to be able to evulate the situation. For exemple, both A and C need to consider B's diplomantic relations and make a "guess" as to how many powers they may or may not be able to have join them in the case of a war.

BTW: How does the collapse function operate?

The combat alliance model you described was how I thought it would be handled in this one when they mentioned third party treaties.

I'm curious as to how the collapse model works too. Currently it just seems to make civs not resist to the last man, but instead collapse mid-invasion.

... Which I like, since it saves me time :p

DLing. FfH2 was okay, but the lack of documentation makes it well nigh unplayable atm.

Question: Are there any Civ patches coming out before Warlords? I'd like to make a backup cd on my computer, so I'm waiting til there are no more.

Top Bottom