Rhye's Catapult

Eddiit, yes I remember your name and your avatar! You were one of the first here but later you faded away.

Anyway, the current "fall" system isn't, as it was at first, a semirandom event.
At first some civs had bigger chance than others to be converted to barbarian cities, depending on random variables. (thus, semi-random).

Then, having introduced strong barbarians, I've dropped this system and introduced 2 collapse conditions:
1-if in a few turns 1/3 of a civ's cities are controlled by barbarians, the rest falls.
2-if the number of cities is less than half of the number they were some turns earlier (so, conquered by any other player), the civ collapses.
Though quite realistic, I know it might seem odd to see an enemy fall right when fighting it, but for both loading times and for helping new civs to grow stronger, some civs have to fall. With Warlords, and a higher number of teams, this need will be even more important. If you have a better idea on how to make it more realistic, I'm all ears. But some civs MUST fall.

Hm... I guess the conditions arent all that semi-random then. I might have missed where you changed that. When Warlords comes out I think this sysytem will end up being more effective than it is now. The addition of more civs will make it necessary to remove civs I guess. I'll see if I can come up with something that can help.

Glad to see you remember me. I've been lurking off and on for years so I've kept mostly up to date with your work. As usual it's oustanding. I can't wait for the more advanced version to come out. In the meantime I'll keep you up to date with my play experiences so hopefully it will help.

I think the Arabs need to be rebalanced a bit. In my last few games as the greeks and the persians as soon as they arrive they top the charts. Those camel archers are brutal at 10 force and the fact they get like 7 of them makes they damn near unstoppable when they arrive.

I think their starting army needs to be toned down a bit considering camel archers are double force compared to anything else in the world.

To everyone:

I'm thinking about anticipating to now a radical solution:
the removal of leader traits.

It may sound crazy at first, but if you think about it, those traits already have no sense anymore.
For example: expansive gives +3 health, right? Well, handicap modifiers give +0 to +4 depending on the civ. So, it's pointless.
The same with most of the other traits (for instance, +50% wonder production will be multiplied by 120% or 80% or something like that, depending on civ modifiers, again).

I think I can rearrange the remaining abilities (no anarchy, promotions) in switches as well, and I could add to the starting civ selection screen a panel showing something like this:
Gold ###
Production #####
Culture ##
Military ####
Science #####
Growth ####
Starting situation ##

(please replace a # with a star)
This panel could summarize pros and cons of every team when applied to the world map (that's the point)

Please note that Leader personalities (like aggression level, thresholds, etc.) will remain.
What do you think?

It would be nice for a change, if it is balanced.

Rhye, I know this have been asked before, but it is possible to "revive" dead civs? For example, in my last game, the Romans were destroyed very early, leaving their lands to the french. It would be nice if civs have a second start time, if they are dead, in this case, it would be the Italian Reunification in the 19th century. I´m not saying a new civ called Italy, as the 18 civ limit gets in the way, but the rise of the romans again. It would make the world very dinamic, as one of Civ flaws is it determinism, in which if you are on top, you will continue on top. Right now the mod is better in this aspect, but I think the second coming of empires would add to it, and improve realism and challenge.

Elhoim said:
It would be nice for a change, if it is balanced.

Rhye, I know this have been asked before, but it is possible to "revive" dead civs? For example, in my last game, the Romans were destroyed very early, leaving their lands to the french. It would be nice if civs have a second start time, if they are dead, in this case, it would be the Italian Reunification in the 19th century. I´m not saying a new civ called Italy, as the 18 civ limit gets in the way, but the rise of the romans again. It would make the world very dinamic, as one of Civ flaws is it determinism, in which if you are on top, you will continue on top. Right now the mod is better in this aspect, but I think the second coming of empires would add to it, and improve realism and challenge.
Hello, with this mod it's possible that a city can become an indipendence state with a revolt ? When will this mod be ready ?

junter said:
Hello, with this mod it's possible that a city can become an indipendence state with a revolt ? When will this mod be ready ?
Ci sarà la spia che potrà rubare una tecnologia ad un'altra nazione ?

Rhye said:
To everyone:

I'm thinking about anticipating to now a radical solution:
the removal of leader traits.

It may sound crazy at first, but if you think about it, those traits already have no sense anymore.
For example: expansive gives +3 health, right? Well, handicap modifiers give +0 to +4 depending on the civ. So, it's pointless.
The same with most of the other traits (for instance, +50% wonder production will be multiplied by 120% or 80% or something like that, depending on civ modifiers, again).

I think I can rearrange the remaining abilities (no anarchy, promotions) in switches as well, and I could add to the starting civ selection screen a panel showing something like this:
Gold ###
Production #####
Culture ##
Military ####
Science #####
Growth ####
Starting situation ##

(please replace a # with a star)
This panel could summarize pros and cons of every team when applied to the world map (that's the point)

Please note that Leader personalities (like aggression level, thresholds, etc.) will remain.
What do you think?
That's absolutely fine by me.

I too like the idea of doing away with Leader Traits for the mod. The civ selection screen with #s sounds like a home run idea. Coupled with this, I'd include a reference to the start year for each civ.

Elhoim: This would be great, the main detractor from this would be late game load times if there are still nearly 18 civs in the 19th century. That being said, it could be an option to turn off or on, depending on your preference. I tried doing this in post #1559 or there abouts, but I had trouble getting Greece to reappear for some reason?

Question: will we arrive at a 1.00 version without Warlords? Or is that extra work that we need to put in?

I can't wait the expanded version ...

"European Community" system ...

Crayton said:
I too like the idea of doing away with Leader Traits for the mod. The civ selection screen with #s sounds like a home run idea. Coupled with this, I'd include a reference to the start year for each civ.

Elhoim: This would be great, the main detractor from this would be late game load times if there are still nearly 18 civs in the 19th century. That being said, it could be an option to turn off or on, depending on your preference. I tried doing this in post #1559 or there abouts, but I had trouble getting Greece to reappear for some reason?

Question: will we arrive at a 1.00 version without Warlords? Or is that extra work that we need to put in?

There already is a reference to the starting year.
Unfortunately I can't be 100% sure that I'll make a good looking chart, because the main menu is partially hardcoded.

The civs born twice are currently out due to the changes you know, but:
-if I made the simultaneous turns idea work, we'd have NO loading times
-with the 18 cap removal, some new minor civs might be added for later scripted spawn or just doing a secession.

anyway for now you all can use crayton's code (if updated)

Lachlan said:
I can't wait the expanded version ...

"European Community" system ...

European Community? what do you mean?

European Community? what do you mean?[/QUOTE]

In expanded version you plan world and national congress

Why not permit political union as form of federation like will be European Union ? Mercosur ? Nafta ? Asean ? With possibility of disband them

This system should be very cool

Heck, I would be happy with tripartite alliances and third party negotiations.

I'm expecting delivery of my pc at any moment now. Me=Pumped!

Italy Ghana 2-0

Even without Marco Delvecchio... Grosso is our new god

Italy seems strong :goodjob:

EDIT:
Bad news (for Italy): Czechs are also seem strong...

EDIT 2:
Even worse news - in the last 16, either Italy or Czechs will face Brasil

V. Soma said:
EDIT 2:
Even worse news - in the last 16, either Italy or Czechs will face Brasil

i am hoping the czechs face brazil then... :)

Wow! Looks to be almost finished!

Would it be possible to have the latest version released attatched to the front page at all?

EDIT: I actually think that the traits going could be interesting...

Virote_Considon said:
Wow! Looks to be almost finished!

Would it be possible to have the latest version released attatched to the front page at all?

EDIT: I actually think that the traits going could be interesting...

when the last things scheduled are included, I'll open a new thread and the mod will gain full visibility and support (it doesn't even have a readme now!)

Top Bottom