Resource icon

[BNW] Rhye's Catapult 2020-06-02

I loaded an Austria game. Some feedback up until about 1700AD:
  • I started with 400 culture to spend on policies, which is good I think. I haven't checked what cultural levels are reached by nearby civilizations at the time of the Austrian spawn, perhaps the 400 mark could be increased a bit. Just like technology, I feel that it makes sense to help new born civilizations to be at least on par with the world's average.
  • Getting Venice as a free city is treated as a conquest and therefore you get a warmongering penalty. I think free cities on spawn should never result in this penalty.
  • Also, getting Venice resulted in Germany becoming angry at me from the start, saying 'You have killed a city state under their protection!'.
  • Quite a lot of conquest going on actually. Amsterdam is English, France is Spanish, Germany is Byzantine and Spanish. I played quite peacefully, but had I chose to do the opposite I wouldn't be the odd one out.
I'll have to play a few more games to get a feeling of how the games progresses generally, but in general it feels quite nice at the moment. I think I'll try to see if a whole empire challenge is feasible, that looks like a fun goal at the moment. Will send some screenshots if anything interesting comes out of it.

Played some Rome until ca. AD 0 - I have severe negative money balance - and thus slow science, too - with 4 citites - balance is about -15 g/t...

Did you use all trade route slots? As Austria I initially had the same thought but it managed to be solvable.

On the other hand, having some caravans spawn (just like the free workers and buildings) would be a nice addition as part of the basic infrastructure.

Hi I've been a long time player of Civilization V just started playing Civilization IV, and I've got to say after all these years Rhyse and Fall is the funnest mod I've played out of any civilization game, I'm really stoked that this is being made in civilization v

Last edited:
For those having crashing trouble - I again had some - part of the solution can be to delete the whole civ5 folder in the my games folder after reinstalling the game - and then start a game, exit and then install mod to the new mods folder there and load the mod...

I have Community Patch and EUI on with Rhye's - I loaded a saved game...
...and funny thing is that my units cannot attack barbarians (they are circled as red when trying) - and they don't attack either...
EDIT:
Before the save I have no info on this as barbs did not show up with first playtime before saving...

Report on compatibility:

- It seems that Rhye's is OK with only Community Patch (CP)
EDIT: but I still have the "cannot attack barbarians" thing...

- for me it crashes with CP and EUI from Vox Populi installer
- with new beta EUI 1.29beta46 (and CP) it loads but has glitches

Last edited:
I haven't touched Civ 5 in a long time, so I'm having some trouble setting up the mod. I downloaded the folder and put it in the MODS folder, and I can go into the mods option of the main menu and enable it, but when I go back, the menu screen is the same and I can't seem to find the map to use... any thoughts?

I am using Steam on Windows.

I ran into this 'problem' too. At the screen where the says, 'mods in use', the place where it says 'Single Player' is in fact a button. Click on that and then you proceed to the mod's environment.

Last edited:
Hello
Just to let you know, i am taking notes of your comments and working on bugs fixing.

I'd like to have some more feedback:

1- Do you like the overall feeling?
2- Is it a better experience than just grabbing an Earth map and fixing True Starting Locations with some extra mods?
3- Can you feel the resemblance with civ3 RoC and especially civ4 Rhyes'n'Fall?
4- Is pace adequate or you feel there is a need of more turns for each era?
5- Are secondary civs like Babylon, Vikings and Siam worth setting as playable, or they are not fun enough and better left as AI-only?
6- Is some civ overpowered or underpowered?
7- Are loading times reasonable / shorter than a standard game ona huge map with 15+ civs?
8- Are your games coming out historically realistic?

Hello
Just to let you know, i am taking notes of your comments and working on bugs fixing.

2- Is it a better experience than just grabbing an Earth map and fixing True Starting Locations with some extra mods?
5- Are secondary civs like Babylon, Vikings and Siam worth setting as playable, or they are not fun enough and better left as AI-only?
7- Are loading times reasonable / shorter than a standard game ona huge map with 15+ civs?

First of all: I want to say that @Rhye made really HUGE work.
GREAT THANKS to @Rhye and Everyone who support/help!

I've already played as Chinese Culture (150 turns) - because currently Chinese have opportunity of peaceful evolution (one of the best way how to "test" alpha-versions of Mod)
And as I think there is 3 issues:
1. Rice... There is no rice as Rr! Of coursce: its problem of Civ-5 but Asian Civ without Rice is so STRANGE... something like Russians without Tundra or Arabs without their Deserts)
2. Civics: they oriented on random maps and ordinar Civ-5' rules and their bonuses can't work as they need;
3. There is no a lot of Chinese Wonders (context: sometimes I played DOC/Reborn version of Rhyes and Fall for CIV-4 and my mind adopt that CHINA have decade its own wonders)

Also I've found that AutoPlay's mechanic don't work as normal - but it is not Mod's bug (so I suppose solve such issue myself)
When I choosen non-3000 BC сiv - I will have 100% crash of Civ-5 (perhaps Nvidia' drivers don't like strategy games:cool:)

Hello

So far I've made it ~200 turns in with a Babylon game. I have been able to run away in tech (currently in the Renaissance, that first free Great Scientist is super nice), but my expansion is checked by all the nearby civs (I don't want to conquer too much and risk instability) so it somewhat balances out. China and India seem appropriately strong, but Greece and Persia seem very weak. Overall, the gameplay has been very fun and reasonably reminiscent of RFC for Civ4, besides those previously mentioned power imbalances, things seem to be reasonably historic/fun/loading well.

Hello

first, I wanted to thank you for taking time out to do something like this, we appreciate it.
As for me, I would prefer a longer game like marathon because i think longer games are much more enjoyable.

Spoiler :
Hello

Out of the gaming I managed to squish into my free time, have to say it's so far impressive!:
1- Yes, however, historical victories would really set a frame to the game (you probably have some plans already, and i think FramedArchitect made UHVs for one of his Civ V mods). Just feels a bit strange starting as Babylon and knowing that you're in for the long haul, but maybe adjustable victory dates could help a bit.
2- Of course
3- There's a strong resemblance with RFC Civ IV, esp. due to the stability system you implemented
4- Pace is great
5- I think so, it definitely broadens the gameplay experience. Seeing traces of their collapse after beginning your own start date can give a lot of depth
6- Some are realistically overpowered, others not so. Perhaps it alternates between games, so with time we can probably pinpoint imbalances.
7- Had no issues with loading times so far
8- Moderately so (depends on if certain civs dominate other ones, e.g. Phoenicia didn't give Spain and France a chance)

Honestly it's been a while since I've been eager to play Civ (any iteration) again

Whenever I try to start a game as Korea, I get a crash. I'll try some other autoplay civs to see if the same thing happens.

EDIT: It seems to happen for any autoplay civilization.
I've also gotten the "tech/production costs increase on reloading" bug.

Last edited:
Whenever I try to start a game as Korea, I get a crash. I'll try some other autoplay civs to see if the same thing happens.

EDIT: It seems to happen for any autoplay civilization.
I've also gotten the "tech/production costs increase on reloading" bug.
I suffered a lot of this...
Try deleting the whole civ5 folder in your Documents/My Games - then verify files in Steam - start game EDIT: without mod - then put mod folder in the new civ5 MODS folder - start game

Last edited:
The tech costs increase bug I also got, though I think the costs after are actually the true costs. Playing as Japan, I could build medieval wonders in their own era in 3 turns before the increase, which seems a bit too fast.

A further question:
can you ever hear the Rhye's and Fall theme? The file is there but often it doesn't get triggered
No i don't think i have. But as for the map itself, i think the yields for each strategic resource should be more than 1 because it's nearly impossible to build any units that require iron or any other strategic resource.

Top Bottom