Rick´s Water Pack - Alpha Version

RickFGS

Deity
-=<|«»| Rick´s Water Pack |«»|>=-

A new water pack for all your naval activities, be it peace or war, you won´t be lacking those waves you are so fond of...;) Second version up.

Screenies, because a picture is worth a thousand words:

Spoiler :

Download link in attachment. Inside the .zip there is wCCC, wCSO, wSSS and wOOO. The wCCC.pcx file is the coast file for using as background to place your XDGC, XDPC, XGGC. XPGC and so on pcx files on top of.

Downloads:
Linear alpha version removed after 27 downloads.
Second version is up, between the two zip´s, you´ll get all you need.

Attachments

• Rick´s Water Pack - Alpha - Water.zip
    246.3 KB · Views: 277
  • Rick´s Water Pack - Alpha - xFiles.zip
    860.9 KB · Views: 279
First? :) Definitely will try it!
One important point about your version of water comparing to the one from Ares - it's clear where's the sea/ocean border. Although I like a texture by Ares it's not always clear, so I found a number of errors on the map used in the Guardian's Roma scenario.
I'll download both archives and will repeat my thought about grass - it may be used as savannah with adding a yellow color to it. I'm not good at image editing, so I tried but didn't achieve good result. Also, I tried to download a savannah version (I do remember there was a talk about it) - but for some reason (actually, don't remember why) I miss these files.
Anyway, thank you for your work! :)

Ty for your words Wolfshade, i hope you enjoy it, this is the first release so eventually i will improve this with time.

As for the savannah version, i believe Balthasar as a beautifull plains looking like savanah if brightned in his US West scenario, there is also a savanah attempt made by someone i can´t remenber in the downloads section.

And there is also Ronnin´s work over at Storm Over Civ site, in his epic mod.

RickFGS, that´s a great idea and it can become a beautiful addition to the Civ 3 maps. :clap::)

I downloaded both zips of this thread and fired up a modified biq of CCM, revealing the complete map from start (and therefore showing all your terrain). I used both sets of terrain coming with CCM. Your files harmonized well with the Ares II terrain. It didn´t harmonize with the Snoopy terrain (blue).

But there was one fact that hold me back to add your terrain modifications straight to the next CCM mainfile: The lines between the different kinds of sea terrain are too linear and too strict. It´s good to have a working visual help in the distinction between coastal- sea- and and ocean terrain, but it´s not so good for the optics to have a strictly drawn line with the lineal over the complete map.

May be you can find a kind of line between the different sea-terrains as Snoopy did it with his famous shelf or riff-graphics between coastal and sea-terrain, so the border lines between two kinds of sea-terrain don´t look like "drawn with the lineal".

Your terrain is in an Alpha version now, so here still something can be improved, to become the best sea-terrain available for Civ 3. I dream of a version of your terrain, working like Snoopy´s "shelf-terrain".

Sometimes dreams can become reality. :)

Yep, i release this as an alpha, allowing room to grow (and especially more time for me to experiment), i just didn´t want to fall in the mistake of letting it die in my hardrive and never release anything.

That´s a very good sugestion for the future beta version Civinator, making more smoth transition between coast-sea-ocean is definetly on the to-do-list, adding somewhat background beneath the waves surface to reflect underground elevations is also possible i guess and would make the terrain a gem no doubt...

Playing with more close colours between diferent sea tiles might also work, making transitions less drawn to the human eye...

All good things, keep them coming!

And there is also Ronnin´s work over at Storm Over Civ site, in his epic mod.

I like Ronnins terrain pack - grassland and plains...but how can I combine this with your water...Ronnins sea, and river are green colour:mischief:

I like Ronnins terrain pack - grassland and plains...but how can I combine this with your water...Ronnins sea, and river are green colour:mischief:

Well, in post one, the second download file already contains my water, ronnin´s grassland and Balthasar plains (which i think are better than Ronnin´s), plus my new desert as a bonus combined, go check it out! ;)

Note: I also posted new screenies.

Well, in post one, the second download file already contains my water, ronnin´s grassland and Balthasar plains (which i think are better than Ronnin´s), plus my new desert as a bonus combined, go check it out! ;)

Note: I also posted new screenies.

My mix is strange, but lookong nice....
Ares - mounitains, hills, river, waterfall, tundra forest
Rhyans - Desett, plains and tundra irrigation
Zubareva - irrigation
Standard Terrain - Desert, Grassland, Desert, Tundra, Coast and Sea
Ronnin s - Plains and Grassland forests, jungle and marsh
Kyriakos - ancient mine

But from now I will use Ronnie s Grassland, Balthasar Plains and your Desert..what about Tundra?

I use sleek´s landscape tundra for now, it looks pretty good for me...maybe you could post a screeny Vladi to show your mix :)

I don t use standard terrain more...I use Ronnie s grassland, Balthasar plains, and your water pack..but am waiting on your desert that I can start a new game:)....

Top Bottom