Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jun 29, 2009.
Has at least in my version, AI is able to use them with no crash.
According to Corlindale's tooltip, he gives +1 OC Vote. Is this an intended feature?
I... do not know. Never noticed it before.
Keep in mind this isn't the tester version either, this is still the normal version. I'm building him right now so I'm not sure if he'll actually GIVE a vote, but if he does, perhaps it should be kept in? He is a mediator, after all (And makes a whole lot more sense than Teutorix as a councillor).
I agree, I just don't know if the display is bugged or not.
If it works, it'll stay in. Otherwise, it's a bug.
Sorry to bring this up again, but we tried it again, and had the same problem..
When we create a Kuriotate city in Advanced Start, it doesn't seem possible to place units (of any kind) in the settlements, and therefore we can't promote it to a city? Are we doing something wrong?
buy a warrior and put it in the settlement?
Are you guys talking about that emperyean hero? yeah he gives u an extra vote.
No, Corlindale is the Elohim hero.
Chalid is the Empyrean hero.
Oh, my bad, however Im fairly certain chalid gives u a vote aswell.
Yes he does, as does Teutorix, the Malakim hero. We just weren't aware that Corlindale does.
Should tell you how often I play Elohim....
I'd like to note that I'm not happy with the current voting system. Was in a group of two, but I was empyrean, meaning I had a total of two votes.
So we're voting on X measure, computer votes yes, I put my two votes as no and... the measure passes. Yup. 1/3 votes is a pass. Could it at least be majority required?
I found a bug. During stasis Lanun pirate coves only grow when not worked by a city. Also I think it may have been mentioned before but blockades have crazy yields (135 per city).
That's the problem; I can't :/ When in Advanced Start with Kuriotates, after placing a settlement, there are absolutely no units available for purchase :S So, all I can make is an unprotected settlement, which I can't upgrade :S
I installed the game, (1.20) then installed the newest patch, ( the one with trade buff)
then I started the game. I looked at the civilopedia for a half hour, then started the game with khazak (the veinhunter) I placed my first city, and felt extremely lucky because I had 4 gold and 1 silver near me. Then I ended turn 1 ..... and the game crashed:
Application popup: Civ IV: Beyond The Sword: Civ4BeyondSword.exe - Application Error : The exception Breakpoint
A breakpoint has been reached.
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x7c90120e.
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
I then redownloaded from all the sites i could find and the same thing happend over, and over again....
I have a windows xp computer and all of the ffh mods I have(orbis, wildmana, fall further works well) (other than the 45 second end turns around turn 500)
It runs at 15- 10 frames per second in orbis, (detto at wildmana)
My brother has no problems with running it, but he says that you should fix the balance ( the khazak, jotnar, legion of dtesh, and mechanos being too strong and the sheim, clan of embers, and doviello being too weak
The only first turn crash we had was with 1.20; As long as you have 1.23 installed correctly, it shouldn't be happening. I was running it on XP when 1.20 was released, actually.
There have been massive balance adjustments already for 1.3.
It seems you have imported the following bug from FF:
When Alcinus dies, the game makes a 25% check to see if he'll respawn for the scions. If the check passes, it then goes through every active civ in the game, checks to see if they're scions, and then spawns an alcinus for them. If there are two or more active scion civs, things tend to get out of hand.
The relevant code starts on line ~6559 of spellinterface.py
Will try to fix that.
Heyhey. Got a few more games under my belt, and noticed a couple of minor things. However, two of these are pretty big imo (ship blockade and animal pack upgrade rate). I believe they are both known, but i'll mention them below anyways, just in case
- An Archos giant spider that got the werewolf promotion from that city event, were able to capture workers that kept their original abilities. I.e. they didn't have slave status, so dwarven workers could build Khazad dwarven halls on Archos land.
- Ship blockade seem to steal all gold in the victim's stash. The most I've got is 903, but in the same game i frequently got above 700 from each opponent (never had Khazad in my games tho, that'd be fun ^^).
- Wraiths don't get certain spell effects from Shadow (blur, shadowwalk). Spectres do, and the tooltips don't indicate that wraiths are different (maybe will be too overpowered, but a tooltip should say it in that case).
- In a Calabim game with OO religion, some units got the crazed promotion and enrages... which obviously is pretty annoying if a defender runs off. Is this promotion related to a building/religion in the unit-building city (e.g. asylum)? Can't remember any tooltips about this, and didn't seem to happen to units built in all cities either, so assumed it was a bug.
- "Bow of the Long-sighted" grants the whole stack a bombardment range of 2, if the unit carrying the item is in the selected group.
- Not sure at what point of the game this happened, but in the endgame, the only recon units i could build were Khazad assassins (didn't have shadow tech yet). I.e. no more scouts/hunters.
- Animals attack even after nature's revolt is built. I did attack a spider by mistake, and the project building (if there ever was one) is gone. However, the scoreboard icon still says I got the feral trait/peacemodifier which tricks you. Later, i also brought in the Mercurians, and they started with that icon as well (which they shouldn't, if i was at war with the animals?).
- Cualli Adept tooltip got a broken pre-req link (says 'none').
- Lair event; says the site is "protected by a gargoyle" but a pyre zombie appears.
- Healer great people got no names and texts.
- The Stephanos event says "tab..." before each text paragraph starts.
Other stuff that may be code-related (or features that i'm to new to know about ^^)
- The Frozen faction seem to enjoy running with their initial settler and make their city right next up to your border, if possible. I understand they do this to be able to squeeze in as many cities as possible... but when you get a frozen capital less than 10 squares from your jungle (cualli) empire interesting things will happen with the geography .
- The Broken Sepulcher will "re-build" the explorable dungeon status when worked by a city.
- Animals should really not be able to upgrade to animal packs that fast. I've frequently had Griffon flight (18, flying), Sabretooth pack (24, 6-12 first strikes) in my games before turn 100! I've lost a game due to griffons at turn 60, and other games i had to restart because two civs bit the dust from these monsters around the same turn.
- Lair exploration at very early stages can result in serious overkill. Before I even settled (turn 2) I popped 4 wolfriders and a lizardman hunter. I mean, 2 mobs would probably be enough to kill my reckless kingdom... but this way they will probably move on to smack another civ or two (i.e. annoying if an opponent get this).
- Are neutral/savage forts supposed to start as forts at turn 1? I have frequently found both neutral and savage-owned citadels at turn 100 and earlier. These must have started out as upgraded.
Separate names with a comma.