RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

This is a known problem and should be fixed in the next version.

There are several buildings with that issue. The popup seperator is handled using the building flavors; The issue with those buildings was that any building with a military flavor higher than 5 was supposed to be under military, regardless of their other flavors. Ended up with them just not showing.

Removed that code, so the Mages Guild will, for example, be under science... But it will be there. ;)

Using v1.23 as the Mazatl :

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 28, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

NameError: name 'spellClearSwamp' is not defined
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

Seems that the clear swamp spell has no handling code in CvSpellInterface.py

Using v1.23 as the Mazatl :

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvSpellInterface", line 28, in cast

File "<string>", line 0, in ?

NameError: name 'spellClearSwamp' is not defined
ERR: Python function cast failed, module CvSpellInterface

Seems that the clear swamp spell has no handling code in CvSpellInterface.py

Known, and fixed in the next version.

Merged that python like 3 times, each time it somehow got backed out... In for good, finally. :lol:

v1.23

A few bugs...

Angelic Procession - why only elohim can add to AC? Heck, why Elohim at all?

Many living creatures can't seem to take Law III promotion valour, eg. Margalard, Cerrunnos and many others. These critters are probably missing the "living" promotion.

Health Test event - should inform player of the result. It feels a little lame having to check cities to see whether or not the %chance of success meant population loss or bonus :health:. On a similar note, it would be nice to see how long such effect are going to last (if temporary)

Treasure chests - these are usually impossible to locate as the chest isn't visible on the map therefore the location is never shown. Mind you, these things are usually not worth the effort. Wouldn't these chests be worth putting into the "quest" log?

Hell terrain? How to start it? Didn't Madelines Well used to start it when explored?

Infernal - the (first) researcher of infernal releasing tech doesn't always get choice to take them over.

The 5:mad: penalty a city gets from the orphanage burning down event seems to be permanent rather than temporary. Or if not permanent, it certainly doesn't last the number of turns stated in the event (marathon game). In any case, 5:mad: is rather severe for a random - for example one of my cities lost 4 population in 4 consecutive turns, which in a marathon game is almost crippling.

I just got the "unit torturing enemy prisoners" event on a dead unit.

No save, I'm afraid, since I was just messing around with exploring dungeons way too early and had no intention of actually keeping the results, whether they were good or bad. But here was the sequence of events:

Playing as Malakim, explored a dungeon with my starting Lightbringer. Got "giant spider emerges" result.
Next turn, my Lightbringer is still alive! :eek: So I try to run away from where I think the spider is. (I wasn't in a desert, so I couldn't see invisible animals).
Next turn, the spider kills my Lightbringer. Immediately after seeing that notification, I get the "unit torturing enemy prisoners" event on my Lightbringer. (The event had no unit name, but the exclamation mark arrow pointed at the place where my Lightbringer had just died, and the screen stayed centered on that location -- and I had no other units anywhere remotely close by).

The "torturing prisoners" event probably needs to check that the unit is still alive before it fires.

Got win 7 64 home
AMD phenom 2 quad
ati hd 5450

tryed reinstalling everything more then once. Crash tdt over and over usually around turn 200 sometimes earlyer. Dosn't matter on civ, still crash. follow download for 1.23 to a T.

it say..
C:\Users\Acemast\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1F44.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Acemast\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6069.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Acemast\AppData\Local\Temp\WER60F7.tmp.mdmp

can anyone help

On quests:
I think the message that appears towards the first few turns is supposed to be similar to the BTS quests, ie. if it talks about a unique feature then you need to go to that feature. However, I have never been able to complete these quests even though I am pretty sure I am the only one going to those spots. One time is was Letum Frigis, which was about 10 tiles away from my start, so I head over there and nothing happens. Maybe the spawned Barb units from LF caused an autofail?

v1.23

A few bugs...

Angelic Procession - why only elohim can add to AC? Heck, why Elohim at all?

According to the code, both versions subtract 2 points from the AC. The Elohim version simply grants an extra commerce to the plot, it does not raise the AC.

Many living creatures can't seem to take Law III promotion valour, eg. Margalard, Cerrunnos and many others. These critters are probably missing the "living" promotion.

No such thing as a living promotion. That's inherent to the unit, can only be changed by setting the bMachine tag to true (siege) or adding certain promotions like Undead.

The issue is that Animals and Beasts are not valid unitcombats for the promotion... And imo, that's not a bug, but working as designed. ;)

Health Test event - should inform player of the result. It feels a little lame having to check cities to see whether or not the %chance of success meant population loss or bonus :health:. On a similar note, it would be nice to see how long such effect are going to last (if temporary)

If you can get me the name of the event, or the popup text, I can change that. Can't find it in the file by searching for Health, though, and there's no way I'm going through one event at a time. Too many. :p

Treasure chests - these are usually impossible to locate as the chest isn't visible on the map therefore the location is never shown. Mind you, these things are usually not worth the effort. Wouldn't these chests be worth putting into the "quest" log?

I need to fix the bug making them invisible, but no, they aren't quests so do not belong there IMO.

Hell terrain? How to start it? Didn't Madelines Well used to start it when explored?

Bradeline's Well DOES create hell on it's own plot. However, Hell will not spread unless the AC is high enough.

It always spreads into AV lands (if possible; It won't appear out of nowhere), spreads into Unowned at AC 25, Evil at AC 50, and Neutral at AC 75.

Infernal - the (first) researcher of infernal releasing tech doesn't always get choice to take them over.

I'll look into that.

The 5:mad: penalty a city gets from the orphanage burning down event seems to be permanent rather than temporary. Or if not permanent, it certainly doesn't last the number of turns stated in the event (marathon game). In any case, 5:mad: is rather severe for a random - for example one of my cities lost 4 population in 4 consecutive turns, which in a marathon game is almost crippling.

It's hurry anger, so it does go away. It can take longer if you were poprushing things.

I just got the "unit torturing enemy prisoners" event on a dead unit.

No save, I'm afraid, since I was just messing around with exploring dungeons way too early and had no intention of actually keeping the results, whether they were good or bad. But here was the sequence of events:

Playing as Malakim, explored a dungeon with my starting Lightbringer. Got "giant spider emerges" result.
Next turn, my Lightbringer is still alive! :eek: So I try to run away from where I think the spider is. (I wasn't in a desert, so I couldn't see invisible animals).
Next turn, the spider kills my Lightbringer. Immediately after seeing that notification, I get the "unit torturing enemy prisoners" event on my Lightbringer. (The event had no unit name, but the exclamation mark arrow pointed at the place where my Lightbringer had just died, and the screen stayed centered on that location -- and I had no other units anywhere remotely close by).

The "torturing prisoners" event probably needs to check that the unit is still alive before it fires.

Most likely, the event fired on it while the unit was alive; not sure on the order of things between turns.

Got win 7 64 home
AMD phenom 2 quad
ati hd 5450

tryed reinstalling everything more then once. Crash tdt over and over usually around turn 200 sometimes earlyer. Dosn't matter on civ, still crash. follow download for 1.23 to a T.

it say..
C:\Users\Acemast\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1F44.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Acemast\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6069.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Acemast\AppData\Local\Temp\WER60F7.tmp.mdmp

can anyone help

That doesn't tell me anything, unfortunately.

On quests:
I think the message that appears towards the first few turns is supposed to be similar to the BTS quests, ie. if it talks about a unique feature then you need to go to that feature. However, I have never been able to complete these quests even though I am pretty sure I am the only one going to those spots. One time is was Letum Frigis, which was about 10 tiles away from my start, so I head over there and nothing happens. Maybe the spawned Barb units from LF caused an autofail?

Nope, they aren't quests in that manner. Just messages about the Epic Dungeons, telling you they are in game so that you can track them down and explore them. Kael put that in, and he dislikes the standard BtS style quests.... AFAIK, there aren't any in RifE.

Couple of things.

Austrin pegasus rider cannot use roads

The spell that allows you to switch animal and plant resources does not seem to work on deer, arctic deer, buffalo, or mushrooms.

Not really a bug with the mod, but the desktop shortcut that is created by the installer doesn't work with Win7 (and Vista too, if I remember correctly). The created shortcut should give the mod path as "mod=\Rise from Erebus" but the created one doesn't have the quotation marks. This gives an error for directory not found. Same problem occurs with a bunch of mods, so this isn't easily fixable?

Not really a bug with the mod, but the desktop shortcut that is created by the installer doesn't work with Win7 (and Vista too, if I remember correctly). The created shortcut should give the mod path with "mod=\Rise from Erebus" but the created one doesn't have the quotation marks. This gives an error for directory not found. Same problem occurs with a bunch of mods, so this isn't easily fixable?

It works just fine for me... If you have the problem with multiple mods, it's more than likely an issue on your end.

I'm running 64bit Win7, btw.

Could it be Steam specific? I'm running the mod using the Steam version, and on multiple machines. On XP the shortcut works fine.

OK then. Not really a big problem anyways as it's easily fixable by hand. Still it couldn't be fixed just by setting the installer to add the quotes? I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem for the non-Steam versions.

Tracker can't upgrade to Beastmaster

Most likely, the event fired on it while the unit was alive; not sure on the order of things between turns.

The game determines what event you will get on the next turn as you end your current one. Try pausing the game in the middle of waiting on civs, saving, and loading from there. Even with new random seed on reload, you will always get the same outcome.

The game determines what event you will get on the next turn as you end your current one. Try pausing the game in the middle of waiting on civs, saving, and loading from there. Even with new random seed on reload, you will always get the same outcome.

That's what I assumed.

In that case, it was just bad luck. Event chose that unit to fire on, and then the unit was attacked and killed.

Top Bottom