RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

v1.23

Small bug with the "Explore Lair" event "Your unit has disturbed an area protected by a gargoyle"... the game spawns Pyre Zombies instead of a gargoyle.

Hi,

i really would love your modmod, but it always crashes after a few turns? PC says due to memory allocation error. I have the original civ (gold edition), installed the newest patches but it doesn't work. Orbis and FF are working great. I even deinstalled an installed all new but now it even crashes after 4 turns (befroe 50 to 200).
So what am I doing wrong? Any ideas to help me?

Greez,

Tschuggi

I recently uninstalled and reinstalled RiFE but, ever since I have I haven't been receiving any of the randomly occurring events, is there anyway I can fix this?

I already reported this in another thread, but I'm reposting it in the bug thread for future reference.

The event that should be triggering when the Malakim find the Mirror of Heaven doesn't seem to be happening. One easy way to reproduce the bug is to grab the RifE version of the FFH Earth map (near the bottom of that thread) and start a new game as Malakim. Settle in place and send the lightbringer exploring to the west; you'll find the Mirror of Heaven on turn 3 or 4. But no matter how many new games I start on that map, I never trigger the event.

For now, I can simply work around the problem using World Builder: once I move a unit onto the Mirror, I WB a Resplendent Minaret into my capital. But it would be nice to not have to "cheat" to get the intended effect.

I have no idea if this has been mentioned before (as I lacked the time to read through 2000+ replies in here :king: ), but a possible exploit with D'Tesh:

Being able to sacrifice units to give Fort Commanders xp is a nice feature.. But being able to sacrifice summoned units seems a bit too strong in my opinion.. Summon 5 wraiths, sacrifice them, and you've got a maxed out Fort Commander - a couple of stragetically placed forts, and your enemies will have to sacrifice quite a few units to get through...?

Also, a friend and I playing LAN had a problem starting with the Kuriotates (not sure of the spelling).. We played with Advanced Start - we could start a game with the Kuriotates though, since the cities you build with Advanced Start are only settlements...?

Cheers

Oh, and thanks for a fantastic mod! Spend way too many hours playing this, and way too few studying atm... So, if I don't pass my upcoming exam, I'm blaming you! :goodjob:

I have no idea if this has been mentioned before (as I lacked the time to read through 2000+ replies in here :king: ), but a possible exploit with D'Tesh:

Being able to sacrifice units to give Fort Commanders xp is a nice feature.. But being able to sacrifice summoned units seems a bit too strong in my opinion.. Summon 5 wraiths, sacrifice them, and you've got a maxed out Fort Commander - a couple of stragetically placed forts, and your enemies will have to sacrifice quite a few units to get through...?

Also, a friend and I playing LAN had a problem starting with the Kuriotates (not sure of the spelling).. We played with Advanced Start - we could start a game with the Kuriotates though, since the cities you build with Advanced Start are only settlements...?

Cheers

Oh, and thanks for a fantastic mod! Spend way too many hours playing this, and way too few studying atm... So, if I don't pass my upcoming exam, I'm blaming you! :goodjob:

The D'tesh issue will be fixed; No summoned unit will be valid for the spell.

The Kuriotate issue actually is NOT an issue. Just changed functionality. In FfH, with advanced start all the Kurio cities will be your main cities. In RifE (thanks to FF), they start as settlements. Gives you more flexibility. Just have a unit cast the "Promote to City" spell when on the city plot.

A very strange bug.

While running Durals with the new traits and leaders extension (by 25hour), I built a Public Bath, that gave me insane bonuses to food and production... For instance +262147% :food: and +101450167% :hammers: with cotton (and similar bonuses for other random resources) (See enclosed screenshot). And so my town produced 451602 :food: and 5065270 :hammers: :crazyeye: :hammer2: :confused: :woohoo:
Makes life easier, but the game is ***really*** less competitive... :D

Has anybody already encountered this behavior?
And do you know a way to fix it?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 119
Heya. Great mod(mod) you guys been making. In fact, so good I had to break my long-time lurker status to help you out by posting some bugs, typos and stuff I found during the past game.

If it matters, I played as Ljosalfar on a Win7 PC. Initial save included if I manage to upload it ^^.

Bugs
Spoiler :

- All types of bears had the waterwalking promotion during the whole game. They also made lairs in water.
- Parts of maps were permanently visible even though there should have been fog of war. I think it was at the spots where recon units died.
- Archery range doesn't show up in the buildlist, unless you're in the city screen.
- Found a wolf lair on a frozen peak (near a Frozen faction city).
- Could build infinite druids even though tooltip states only 2 national units.
- Beastmasters weren't picked up by galleons/QotL's. They can enter the square with the ships, but aren't transported (actually standing on the water, only able to move back to shore).
- Queen of the Line doesn't seem to have a combat animation when attacked.

Typos & Text
Spoiler :

- Typo on the Taneath (great bard) tooltip. Second part of the quote just repeats the first sentence ("...set a man on fire..").
- Healing potion purchased from apotechary has no tooltip at all.
- No tooltip on project 'Genesis', only in the pedia.
- Druid tooltip says only 2 are allowed (if they are supposed to be non-capped).

Also, another thought: Not sure if it's intended or not, but the enemy factions seem to expand a bit slowly. Three examples from my current game (on noble, but still seem quite a bit weird):
Spoiler :

- Enemies tech rate was ridiculously slow. At the end (around turn 450-500) two leaders hadn't got archery yet, and no leader at all ever built a mage/priest. Never saw more advanced units than champions and assassins.
- Kuriotates (leader: Yakut) never expanded beoynd their first city. They boxed themselves in by a keep they took, and never sent settlers beyond it. Also took more than 200 turns before a worker turned up in their lands.
- Frozen only built 1 extra city. Those two cities were size 150 and 130 though, and I spent literally more than 30 turns with a monster stack to kill off the first city. They only seemed to build Tar demons, no counterattacks at all.

Also, another thought: Not sure if it's intended or not, but the enemy factions seem to expand a bit slowly. Three examples from my current game (on noble, but still seem quite a bit weird):
Spoiler :

- Enemies tech rate was ridiculously slow. At the end (around turn 450-500) two leaders hadn't got archery yet, and no leader at all ever built a mage/priest. Never saw more advanced units than champions and assassins.
- Kuriotates (leader: Yakut) never expanded beoynd their first city. They boxed themselves in by a keep they took, and never sent settlers beyond it. Also took more than 200 turns before a worker turned up in their lands.
- Frozen only built 1 extra city. Those two cities were size 150 and 130 though, and I spent literally more than 30 turns with a monster stack to kill off the first city. They only seemed to build Tar demons, no counterattacks at all.

Were you playing on the erebus map (or any other map with lots of peaks)? Because I'm having the same problem on those maps (on noble, not sure if it makes a difference), I work around it by using either ErebusContinents (with less peaks, just in case) or Pangea.

Were you playing on the erebus map (or any other map with lots of peaks)? Because I'm having the same problem on those maps (on noble, not sure if it makes a difference), I work around it by using either ErebusContinents (with less peaks, just in case) or Pangea.

Yep, it was the Erebus map... which, btw, seem to be a bit more "open" than the old original FfH2 map; i take it the mapscript was updated somewhere?

Heya. Great mod(mod) you guys been making. In fact, so good I had to break my long-time lurker status to help you out by posting some bugs, typos and stuff I found during the past game.

If it matters, I played as Ljosalfar on a Win7 PC. Initial save included if I manage to upload it ^^.

Glad you like it. ;)

Bugs
Spoiler :

- All types of bears had the waterwalking promotion during the whole game. They also made lairs in water.
- Parts of maps were permanently visible even though there should have been fog of war. I think it was at the spots where recon units died.
- Archery range doesn't show up in the buildlist, unless you're in the city screen.
- Found a wolf lair on a frozen peak (near a Frozen faction city).
- Could build infinite druids even though tooltip states only 2 national units.
- Beastmasters weren't picked up by galleons/QotL's. They can enter the square with the ships, but aren't transported (actually standing on the water, only able to move back to shore).
- Queen of the Line doesn't seem to have a combat animation when attacked.

• Not a bug, but it has been removed for the next version.
  • Never seen that one myself, will test for it.
  • There are a few buildings like that in the current version, I've fixed the code for it. It WILL show up in the next version.
  • Odd.
  • Should actually be 4, so I'm not sure why it would say 2 and then allow infinite. :crazyeye: Just made sure that the national limit is in place... Is in my test version at the very least.
  • Units with cargo cannot be carried. He probably had a hawk.
  • Will check it.

Typos & Text
Spoiler :

- Typo on the Taneath (great bard) tooltip. Second part of the quote just repeats the first sentence ("...set a man on fire..").
- Healing potion purchased from apotechary has no tooltip at all.
- No tooltip on project 'Genesis', only in the pedia.
- Druid tooltip says only 2 are allowed (if they are supposed to be non-capped).

• Will check it.
  • Don't think I added one, to be honest, but I'll check. It's only effect is that it allows a spell.
  • Projects don't display help text anywhere but the pedia. Need to fix that.

Spoiler :

Yep, it was the Erebus map... which, btw, seem to be a bit more "open" than the old original FfH2 map; i take it the mapscript was updated somewhere?

Don't play Erebus. :p

I despise the map. The AI is unable to handle it, it creates completely arbitrary maps with no realism at all, and just annoys me. It's being removed from the next version.

Play ErebusContinent, it has support for certain features which do not work on the other map types.

Weird bug, first time playing RifE so it might be a horrible mistake, but I started a game as amurites then at the beginning of the game I only have a warrior and scout, no settler, the next turn I crash to desktop. Yeah, I WB in a settler (everyone else i checked on the map had a settler which was a good thing) but it still crashed next turn.

If you'd like I can attach a save. But I'm hoping this is a simple fix.

Weird bug, first time playing RifE so it might be a horrible mistake, but I started a game as amurites then at the beginning of the game I only have a warrior and scout, no settler, the next turn I crash to desktop. Yeah, I WB in a settler (everyone else i checked on the map had a settler which was a good thing) but it still crashed next turn.

If you'd like I can attach a save. But I'm hoping this is a simple fix.

Settler is probably caused by a barb unit being spawned where it was; If you had Wild Mana on, that would be one possibility. Check for a mana guardian near you.

For the crash... Make sure you installed the patch. There was a first turn crash in 1.20, been fixed for a long time. We're on 1.23. ;)

Ohhh, my bad, I just assumed the installation was up to date and everything works fine with it. lol, I was starting to get angry at my game for not letting me play. I tried restarting the game over and over as amurites, The mana guardian thing is correct, The other times started the game I had a settler, the first time there was a gnosling and lighting elemantal near by, so that could be it.

One quick question though, does the AI use the new civs with no problem? I know while I was playing Fall Further I realised the reason for the games that caused crashing for me mid game was because in those games I had scions as an AI, so if I made a game without them, or just completely killed the scions then the game didnt have anymore crashes. Any known crashes due to AI being, Legion, machanos, jotnar etc?

Ohhh, my bad, I just assumed the installation was up to date and everything works fine with it. lol, I was starting to get angry at my game for not letting me play. I tried restarting the game over and over as amurites, The mana guardian thing is correct, The other times started the game I had a settler, the first time there was a gnosling and lighting elemantal near by, so that could be it.

One quick question though, does the AI use the new civs with no problem? I know while I was playing Fall Further I realised the reason for the games that caused crashing for me mid game was because in those games I had scions as an AI, so if I made a game without them, or just completely killed the scions then the game didnt have anymore crashes. Any known crashes due to AI being, Legion, machanos, jotnar etc?

Not that I'm aware of; There's been AI work for those civs.

Of course, some of that is in the teamversion, and I haven't played 1.23 in weeks. :p

Just the test version of 1.3, which is getting closer.

I still see an occasional post referring to the Jotnar as broken, but I thought that had been addressed.

Top Bottom