RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Obsidian resource doesn't work. I tried laying one without the volcano and I still not shiny rocks.

Somehow my workers are getting masterwork tools and I don't have enchantment mana.

And playing as Decius and Bannor, if commanders spawned in a non bannor city they are regular commanders.

Once you take captain promo with Donal (bannor hero) you can only take command promos.

How do you mean the Obsidian resource doesn't work? The Volcano event doesn't just create the Obsidian, it also creates an Ash improvement that harvests it.

That's interesting... They're supposed to require Engineering, a Forge/Dwarven Smithy/Master Smith, and Enchant Mana.

This is known, and is in FF as well.

Same here. Captain changes the unitcombat of the unit to Commander, blocking all melee promotions.

Playing as the Amurites I have to report the following:

1) I got a Ctd when tried to dispel an Entropy node (spawned from the begginning via Wild Mana)

2) My workers build railroads when ordered to build a road to a location

3) All my apprentices can get channeling 2 at level 3, they also get this possibility once upgraded to mages, chosing channeling 2 only resuts in the loss of a promotion

1. Will look into Dispel then, but I'm not too hopeful. Seems like a random one, honestly.
  2. Do you have engineering and Iron? If so, currently they are buildable... Meant to require Refined Mana as well, didn't notice I put both prereqs into prereqORs.
  3. And this is what I forgot to do when merging RLD... :lol: Essentially, as Channeling 2 was already altered for the Jotnar at the time, I added a decay promotion with the same name, that Amurites of level 3 up could take. The main benefit of Apprentices, is that any unit they upgrade to can take this after Sorcery... Unfortunately, I forgot to block it from the Apprentices themselves, and tie it to just their upgrades. Will do that now, via some invisible promotions. ;)

Zarcaz is UNDEAD and Goblin race at the same time. Oops?

Also, he didn't drop his bow when getting offed, the few times I killed him. I ended up WB'ing away his "undeadness" so that a highly Command capable unit could stand a chance of capturing him, caught him with his bow promotion, no one seemed able to swap the bow with him. *shrugs*

Zarcaz is UNDEAD and Goblin race at the same time. Oops?

Also, he didn't drop his bow when getting offed, the few times I killed him. I ended up WB'ing away his "undeadness" so that a highly Command capable unit could stand a chance of capturing him, caught him with his bow promotion, no one seemed able to swap the bow with him. *shrugs*

He should not be undead....

And the bow is not transferable at the moment, it's a known bug. I assumed that the new equipment set up handled it innately, but you still need a spell. :lol:

How do you mean the Obsidian resource doesn't work? The Volcano event doesn't just create the Obsidian, it also creates an Ash improvement that harvests it.
My workers are not getting the Obsidian tools either.

I got a volcano early next to my capital and I see the Obsidian resource. I have Masonry (required right?) but as the volcano is a mountain I thought it might need a route. I have the stooges and they are workers as of this patch (cha-ching) so I had one of them go onto the volcano to build a road. Even though they can build roads on normal mountains (which do not allow trade routes as I understand it) he could not build a road on the volcano.

I can't see anywhere that I am getting the Obsidian resource type. Maybe the volcanic ash needs to be generated in a square next to the volcano instead of in the actual tile of the volcano itself.

My workers are not getting the Obsidian tools either.

I got a volcano early next to my capital and I see the Obsidian resource. I have Masonry (required right?) but as the volcano is a mountain I thought it might need a route. I have the stooges and they are workers as of this patch (cha-ching) so I had one of them go onto the volcano to build a road. Even though they can build roads on normal mountains (which do not allow trade routes as I understand it) he could not build a road on the volcano.

I can't see anywhere that I am getting the Obsidian resource type. Maybe the volcanic ash needs to be generated in a square next to the volcano instead of in the actual tile of the volcano itself.

Well, the volcano event generates the Obsidian, the Ash Improvement, and a road to connect it. Is the road not working, or does it show as having one if you mouseover the plot?

Here's how to get Obsdian Tools

You must have

The Engineering Tech,
A Forge or unique equivilant in the city.
A source of Enchantment Mana from anywhere.

The Volcano autospawns with a road and Ash Field that harvests Obsidian for you. All you need to do is connect a tile next to the Volcano with a road and it will auto-connect the Obsidian. Next turn, any worker within the cultural boundaries of a city that fufills the requirements listed above and has access to the Obsidian will gain Obsidian tools.

In every game I've played, there hasn't been an instance of broken spawnings of Obsidian nor has there been any issue with getting it online and used.

Wait: Scratch that. There is one instance where the Elohim had all the pre-reqs and they did not have obsidian tools. Maybe they dont have a forge, but they've had all the required techs for a while (Turn 1246 on Marathon) and havent been in any wars lately.

You must have

The Engineering Tech,

The Volcano autospawns with a road and Ash Field that harvests Obsidian for you. All you need to do is connect a tile next to the Volcano with a road and it will auto-connect the Obsidian. Next turn, any worker within the cultural boundaries of a city that fufills the requirements listed above and has access to the Obsidian will gain Obsidian tools.

In every game I've played, there hasn't been an instance of broken spawnings of Obsidian nor has there been any issue with getting it online and used.

Wait: Scratch that. There is one instance where the Elohim had all the pre-reqs and they did not have obsidian tools. Maybe they dont have a forge, but they've had all the required techs for a while (Turn 1246 on Marathon) and havent been in any wars lately.

Actually, the only requirements for Obisidian Tools are construction and a source of Obsidian. The requirements you listed are valid for Masterwork Tools.

He probably wandered through some haunted lands.

And Undead was made not a race in Fall Further long ago.

Ah, there you go. Yeah, a few HL will spawn on the map, and he could easily gain it that way. :goodjob:

Ah, ok, never knew HL could inflict "Undeadness" on you, that could've explained Zarcaz! Thx!

Actually, the only requirements for Obisidian Tools are construction and a source of Obsidian. The requirements you listed are valid for Masterwork Tools.

Then I think my copy may be bugged then, as I have all those things but dont have masterwork tools. I'll WB a situation to check, as the games I play are exclusively Single Player Hotseat games (The current situation is from a game that has me playing Corane, Verrochio, Dannmos, Ophelia, and Captain Ostanes with Tebryn, Keelyn, Garrym, and Ethne as the known AIs on a Huge Custom_Continents map, Marathon speed)

Playing Lanun and Fish resource requires Whaling boats.

Attachments

• whaling fish0000.JPG
    whaling fish0000.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 47
Ok that makes since.

Now for a dumb question, how do you build Pirate coves?

Playing Lunan (seafaring starting tech) and am unable to build them.

IIRC that flatland req goes back to either FFH2 or FF. Though I haven't really played either since finding your mod.

You must have

The Engineering Tech,
I have engineering and used it's wonder to get a forge in every city.
I do NOT have Enchantment mana

Do the Workers need to visit a city to get the tools? that m ight be my issue, they havn't stopped working.

In reference to the crashing with dispelling an Entropy node, I had a similar problem. It wasn't and entropy node (actually, the one entropy node I DID dispell worked fine), but it was a Force node. And it also caused both the other players to crash as well (tested if it caused the crash three times). I haven't tested it with any other game yet, though, which is why I hadn't posted it yet. ^^;

I can provide a save-game, if you can handle save-games with three seperate players. ^^; (I forget if you can try and load it with only one player in a 3 player game.

Edit: OH! A thought on the tools problem. Maybe it's like the problem with the Amurite's Wizard Hall from the Catacomb Libralus, and the Forge doesn't count as an actual forge for the purposes of gaining tools? (Shows how little I know about the code~)

Top Bottom