RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

I just found that the wandering effect of the Lost promo does not check whether th eunit is domain_immobile or not, which it should imo:

Code:
def effectWanderingCurse(caster):
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	pPlot2 = findClearPlot(-1, caster.plot())
	if pPlot2 != -1:
		caster.setXY(pPlot2.getX(), pPlot2.getY(), false, true, true)
		CyInterface().addMessage(caster.getOwner(),True,25,CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_UNIT_WANDERING", ()),'AS2D_FEATUREGROWTH',1,'Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/Lost.dds',ColorTypes(7),pPlot.getX(),pPlot.getY(),True,True)
EDIT : I changed to:
Code:
def effectWanderingCurse(caster):
	pPlot = caster.plot()
	pPlot2 = findClearPlot(-1, caster.plot())
	if pPlot2 != -1 [COLOR="Red"][B]and caster.getDomainType() != DomainTypes.DOMAIN_IMMOBILE[/B][/COLOR]:
		caster.setXY(pPlot2.getX(), pPlot2.getY(), false, true, true)
		CyInterface().addMessage(caster.getOwner(),True,25,CyTranslator().getText("TXT_KEY_MESSAGE_UNIT_WANDERING", ()),'AS2D_FEATUREGROWTH',1,'Art/Interface/Buttons/Promotions/Lost.dds',ColorTypes(7),pPlot.getX(),pPlot.getY(),True,True)

minor bugs I found:

Khazad fort commanders can upgrade to Strength 5..rather than bombardment 5

Illian's Javelin throwers start with option to upgrade to City Garrison II AND City Garrison I (even when they already have it)

minor bugs I found:

Khazad fort commanders can upgrade to Strength 5..rather than bombardment 5

Illian's Javelin throwers start with option to upgrade to City Garrison II AND City Garrison I (even when they already have it)

By the first one I assume you mean that their automatic promotions increase Strength rather than Ranged attack? If so, that's working as designed.

This one is a bug; The version of City Garrison I they have is a clone; Had to be done that way or more than just Archers would get it. Need to have the clone block the original.

First off, THANK YOU for a stable release! For the first time in months, I have been able to play a full game of RiFE!

Minor bugs I have noticed which may. Apologies for any duplicates.

Brigit is apparently not immortal in 1.20. Though when Brigit dies, any equipment carried is deposited at the civilization capital instead of at the location of combat. Note that Brigit is also NOT being attacked twice in one round.

Perhaps this next is a "feature", but seems a bug to me: When Jotnar capture slaves with no specific race promotion, the slave becomes a "Jotnar" slave and can be made into a regular combat unit. As the original unit is actually human, this seems to violate the idea of not changing a unit's race. It also makes for a ridiculously large number of Jotnar military units running around.

Next is probably also a feature, though I would classify it as a bug. When changing the three stooges from Hill Giants to Fyrd (sp?) units, they retain the hidden nationality promotion. Seems like it should go away if changing the units into Jotnar-specific units.

The Mechanos civilization can research the "White Hand" religion technology, but not other religions.

First off, THANK YOU for a stable release! For the first time in months, I have been able to play a full game of RiFE!

Minor bugs I have noticed which may. Apologies for any duplicates.

Brigit is apparently not immortal in 1.20. Though when Brigit dies, any equipment carried is deposited at the civilization capital instead of at the location of combat. Note that Brigit is also NOT being attacked twice in one round.

Perhaps this next is a "feature", but seems a bug to me: When Jotnar capture slaves with no specific race promotion, the slave becomes a "Jotnar" slave and can be made into a regular combat unit. As the original unit is actually human, this seems to violate the idea of not changing a unit's race. It also makes for a ridiculously large number of Jotnar military units running around.

Next is probably also a feature, though I would classify it as a bug. When changing the three stooges from Hill Giants to Fyrd (sp?) units, they retain the hidden nationality promotion. Seems like it should go away if changing the units into Jotnar-specific units.

The Mechanos civilization can research the "White Hand" religion technology, but not other religions.

1. Bug with Immortal, it's not working atm.
  2. Not sure here, though that seems like it should be fixed.
  3. Again, not sure but should be changed.
  4. Good catch, neglected to block that one. ;)

Here's another one I can add to my growing list of CTD-causers:

I tried to use my Mechanos Fort Commander to create a mobile fort. On the second turn...CTD.:cry:

Yes, I can go back and not try to create the mobile fort and the game plays on fine, but another interesting feature of a civ is lost. :(

A few minor things that might be bugs:

1. Animals have terrain restrictions (ex. Lizards cannot move on to Ice or Tundra). However, often when I capture an animal it ends up on terrain it should not be able to move on to.

2. I've noticed occasionally the thing you get out of lairs doesn't match what it says you got. For example, the message read something like a gargoyle has risen to defend, however, it was a Pyre Zombie.

3. Mistforms can pillage improvements? They also apparently cross borders. Are they animal units covered by Animal Invasion? Why wouldn't I get that message that enemy units are close to XXX? Because they are invisible? It really came out of nowhere and proceeded to destroy quite a few improvements.

By the first one I assume you mean that their automatic promotions increase Strength rather than Ranged attack? If so, that's working as designed.

No. I mean when you upgrade strength at fort commander (I forgot how is it called there) it's using icons for bombardment promotion...but at lvl5 it's strength icon (5 stars)

1. Bug. Not sure how that happened, but will fix.

2. I'll call it a feature. :D

Just played a game where a griffon flight systematically wiped out every civilisation I was the 6th one to be wiped out by them. By the time it arrived in my lands it had numerous promotions making its strength on attack something like 150%. No one could attack them due to fear and at str18 they just killed each of my defenders one by one healing themselves every turn and spitting out more griffons that then became another griffon flight. I tried to hit them with ranged weapons but was doing less than 1% damage per unit.

I think Valkrion and Vermicious have a secret plan to make us exterminated by animals for some weeks before releasing a complet new animal spawning system which will be difficult to play against but will appear very easy compare to the current situation. :p

No. I mean when you upgrade strength at fort commander (I forgot how is it called there) it's using icons for bombardment promotion...but at lvl5 it's strength icon (5 stars)

Oh. No, the promotion is the same thing. If you check the name, it's 'Siege Combat' 1-5. I used bombardment icons for most (They block bombardment, it's one path or the other for units; Fort Commanders don't have a choice in which path), but ran out at the end and used the Combat5 icon. Purely graphical. :p

Just played a game where a griffon flight systematically wiped out every civilisation I was the 6th one to be wiped out by them. By the time it arrived in my lands it had numerous promotions making its strength on attack something like 150%. No one could attack them due to fear and at str18 they just killed each of my defenders one by one healing themselves every turn and spitting out more griffons that then became another griffon flight. I tried to hit them with ranged weapons but was doing less than 1% damage per unit.

Griffins spawning this early is a bug, and will hopefully be fixed next patch. ;)

I think Valkrion and Vermicious have a secret plan to make us exterminated by animals for some weeks before releasing a complet new animal spawning system which will be difficult to play against but will appear very easy compare to the current situation. :p

Shh! :mischief:

The overpowering animals in the early game have been mentioned and the guys are adjusting this for the next version.

However, you brought up another good point that I don't think has been mentioned as being tweaked - Fear.

Although it is easier now to get Courage by capturing a Lion, it still is not a given and it is a pain when you cannot even attack these things. The most ridiculous is the Baby Spider with Fear. Even worse is getting a unit Terrified when a Giant Lizard or something like that comes along. Units can neither move nor attack with that and I've found that often it doesn't go away after 3 turns.

I think Fear should be reserved for the most fearsome of animals, creatures, whatever, and, unless it can be fixed Terrified should be eliminated. Also the old argument for units like Heroes, very experienced units and units of the same type (Giant Lizards not being able to attack other Giant Lizards because of Fear) should be considered too.

PS. When do we lose the blinding red and green color scheme and Santa emoticons. :);):(:D:p:blush::rolleyes::mad:

PS. When do we lose the blinding red and green color scheme and Santa emoticons. :);):(:D:p:blush::rolleyes::mad:

The Blood and Pus colour scheme can be changed by going into your profile, selecting My Account then Edit Option. At the end of that page you can choose Forum Skin. This link might work.

The Blood and Pus colour scheme can be changed by going into your profile, selecting My Account then Edit Option. At the end of that page you can choose Forum Skin. This link might work.

Or by scrolling to the very bottom of any page, and looking for a drop down box that says 'Christmas'. Change it to 'Modern CfC'.

Also the old argument for units like Heroes, very experienced units and units of the same type (Giant Lizards not being able to attack other Giant Lizards because of Fear) should be considered too.
I think I'd rather have a simple strength comparison or something, rather than a "shopping list" of units that can't get Fear.

e.g., a Hero with Fear could attack a baby spider, but would still be afraid of a Dragon.

OK, I surrender. The strength 69 Sabretooths and Werewolf-producing Worgs didn't do me in.

Just doing something simple like trying to spread Ordo religion with my Adeptus is causing CTDs just like the other four things I previously mentioned. One by one I am eliminating civs I cannot play and religions I cannot use because of the limiting CTDs. It's funny in that each of the problems involves a 'casting' waiting period. To review:

1. FOL Priest creating a forest
2. ROK Stonewarden using Earth's Boosom
3. Scion Ghostwalker creating Haunted Lands
4. Mechanos Fort Commander trying to make fort/castle mobile
5. Adeptus trying to spread Ordo religion

Again, all require a varying number of turns before a successful cast, but I get a CTD preceded by a sound/noise with each.

In the meantime, I think I will play some Torchlight until the next patch and hope it helps...although it seems I am the only one with these problems, so...

Top Bottom