RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

OK, I surrender. The strength 69 Sabretooths and Werewolf-producing Worgs didn't do me in.

Just doing something simple like trying to spread Ordo religion with my Adeptus is causing CTDs just like the other four things I previously mentioned. One by one I am eliminating civs I cannot play and religions I cannot use because of the limiting CTDs. It's funny in that each of the problems involves a 'casting' waiting period. To review:

1. FOL Priest creating a forest
2. ROK Stonewarden using Earth's Boosom
3. Scion Ghostwalker creating Haunted Lands
4. Mechanos Fort Commander trying to make fort/castle mobile
5. Adeptus trying to spread Ordo religion

Again, all require a varying number of turns before a successful cast, but I get a CTD preceded by a sound/noise with each.

In the meantime, I think I will play some Torchlight until the next patch and hope it helps...although it seems I am the only one with these problems, so...

Yeah, I haven't seen reports from anyone else about these issues and I'm not able to duplicate them... :confused:

Griffins spawning this early is a bug, and will hopefully be fixed next patch

Great stuff, although I wasnt wiped out untill turn 450 or so on marathon. The main problem i faced was that i couldn't do anything against them. I couldn't get a single unit to attack, so they started off every turn at full strength. The outcome was innevitable from the moment they showed up.

I was a player of Fall Further and I have to say that I am really liking RiFE. More concepts in the civilopedia would be much appreciated though :confused:

I look forward to the next patch :)

I haven't noticed a specific problem with "turn to cast" spells, but I will note that all the games I've started I've abandoned after about 200-300 turns on normal speed due to non-repeatable CTDs. I noticed someone else on the forum pointed out he starts getting them once the save file hits .5mb, and that's actually pretty accurate for me also.

Yeah, I haven't seen reports from anyone else about these issues and I'm not able to duplicate them... :confused:

I can confirm the crash when an Adeptus spreads Ordo.

The attached savegame will CTD every time when an Adeptus spreads Ordo to Nidhoggstad (West edge of my civilization) upon ending the turn. Remove the Adeptus and the CTD goes away.

Its worth noting that I did NOT have this problem at first. I used an Adeptus to spread Ordo to many cities early in the game. This problem only just started.

Attachments

• CRASH-MECHAHNOS_0285.CivBeyondSwordSave
    573.5 KB · Views: 78
I never had CTDs with these types of turn to casts spells. But I have a problem with Dowsing. I'm around turn 250 or so as a Khazad and when I try to build it, game crashes with an BTS error message - Couldn't allocate memory...wha? I have hi-end gaming machine with 4GB ram, so I think it will be something civ-specific.

I haven't noticed a specific problem with "turn to cast" spells, but I will note that all the games I've started I've abandoned after about 200-300 turns on normal speed due to non-repeatable CTDs. I noticed someone else on the forum pointed out he starts getting them once the save file hits .5mb, and that's actually pretty accurate for me also.

Sometime ago I posted a poll in the FFH2 thread asking members to estimate the % of games they actually finish. Yes, there are all sorts of reasons for not finishing games, but I was mainly interested in those whose not finishing games were not in their own control. For example, CTDs and MAFs.

I can only speak for myself when I say I do not finish at least 75% of my RiFE games and I keep playing on in all of them...if I can.

As I have mentioned before I just love the early exploration phase of the game, strength 100 Minotaurs and all. However, when that is over and your mid-game goes sour almost every time it is very frustrating.

I just cannot imagine why I am the only person getting these errors for three main reasons:

1. I have followed all the rules for setting up the modmod to play. It does start and work into the mid-game most of the time.

2. I have more than enough under the hood to play the modmod. I play other games that have higher game requirements without crashes, etc.

3. I can play vanilla Civ4/BtS, FFH2, Orbis and usually FF games to completion. Not only do I complete those, but I can use the bigger maps with more civs.

So, I think a Wizard or Priest or some foul character created a nasty spell on me and I just cannot play this modmod. However, I enjoy reading this forum and will continue to comment if I can. Continuing to play RiFE, though? No. I'll just wait for the next patch and hope the problem goes away - although I am not optimistic because so many don't have the same problems I do. :(

I've have the same problem as Kirkpatrick1. I have the hotfix and i've remove brabs near cites in WB but It crashes at the start of my turn after I load a game. it's happened with both my lalun and dural games.

I've only played a handful of games. I will play with a "bloom" civ and see if I have the same problem.

I was able to complete Stir from Slumber as Fellowship Ljos. The dragon immediately abandoned me, on the very turn that created him. No surprise since I assume only Illians or White Hand are supposed to be able to complete it.

This has probably already been reported, but:
Spoiler :

This griffon singlehandedly annihilated five civilizations. The game got stuck on another civilization's turn before it could finish me off. Perhaps the tech level of a civlization can limit the number of promotions a barbarian can get?

Huh, that is a beast of mythical proportions.

Huh, that is a beast of mythical proportions.
Yeah, and it's gamebreaking. You can't really defend against 'em with strength 3 warriors, and it goes around destroying civilizations.

Is there some easy way to remove/disable that particular monster? It just sprung up a third time, and promptly destroyed everything with its 22 strength.

Incidentally, I've never seen a Griffin spawn. Ever. I only have Hippogriffs.

Im having a small issuse installing the latest version, or rather dling it. It keeps telling me the setup files are corrupted and to download again. After the third time I suspect im doing something wrong, ive tried both the links on the main page and im running out of ideas.

Im having a small issuse installing the latest version, or rather dling it. It keeps telling me the setup files are corrupted and to download again. After the third time I suspect im doing something wrong, ive tried both the links on the main page and im running out of ideas.

I managed to download the file however my computer would freeze up the moment I clicked on the rife icon.......

my solution was to go into sfemode and install it anyway. I had to delete the exe file afterword to make sure that my computer was stable however once installed and the exe was deleted ( could only delete it in safe mode ) I had no more problems with computer freezes.

A problem I encountered that is not on the list:

Some buildings do not show up in the city buld list. Most of the military branch. 'City buld list' refers to the list presented to the player when a build has been completed. I dont know if it only happens with certain civs but the 2 I have played with and had this happen was Khazzad and cant remember the other one :crazyeye:

I'm sure someone has already pointed this one out but as it wasn't on the list I just thought I would mention it :)

Top Bottom