RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

Yeah that was setup to work with all the FfH2 flavors which had many military buildings with Military Flavor @ 5, but another flavor that was higher, but the building was clearly military building, even if it had civil properties.

The Khazad world spell Mother Lode doesn't appear as a spell casting option on any unit after Mining is researched (or at all during the game since I've finished the tech tree). So the Khazad can't cast their world spell.

The Khazad world spell Mother Lode doesn't appear as a spell casting option on any unit after Mining is researched (or at all during the game since I've finished the tech tree). So the Khazad can't cast their world spell.

Make sure you don't have the 'No Worldspells' option turned on. Anytime you switch between mods, run a 'Play Now!' game to clear out the saved options; Otherwise some of the hidden options will be on and you'll have odd results.

Strange, the "No Worldspells" is not listed in the options when I start a game as Custom. Something is wrong with the lower options on the option list. I noticed on the Settings page in-game that 'No Worldspells', 'No Archon' and 'no Council of Esis' was listed as the game settings, however all three of those options are not listed on the Custom Options page when creating a custom game. I remember those options were listed when I played Fall Further, but they are replaced with other options now in RifE. None of the 'No *Religion*' options are currently listed on the RifE Custom Options page.

Strange, the "No Worldspells" is not listed in the options when I start a game as Custom. Something is wrong with the lower options on the option list. I noticed on the Settings page in-game that 'No Worldspells', 'No Archon' and 'no Council of Esis' was listed as the game settings, however all three of those options are not listed on the Custom Options page when creating a custom game. I remember those options were listed when I played Fall Further, but they are replaced with other options now in RifE. None of the 'No *Religion*' options are currently listed on the RifE Custom Options page.

They aren't replaced, they're just hidden. I dislike them, and showing them all takes a LOT of space.

Like I said, when switching mods (any mods, really) run a Play Now game to clear saved options. All you have to do is start the game, can quit as soon as the map loads. Takes about 10 seconds if you run a quick map. ;)

They aren't replaced, they're just hidden. I dislike them, and showing them all takes a LOT of space.

Like I said, when switching mods (any mods, really) run a Play Now game to clear saved options. All you have to do is start the game, can quit as soon as the map loads. Takes about 10 seconds if you run a quick map. ;)

Just in case anyone dislikes doing the "Play Now" option, they CAN change the CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml file to change all the invisible options to show. That's what I did before I discovered the "play now" "trick", but you are correct in that it makes the custom options scroll list unnecessarily long. It does, however, allow you to use the "proper" options just in case you forget to do a Play Now game first. The down side is that you have to change that file in every mod in your game if you don't do the Play Now for that mod.

Just in case anyone dislikes doing the "Play Now" option, they CAN change the CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml file to change all the invisible options to show. That's what I did before I discovered the "play now" "trick", but you are correct in that it makes the custom options scroll list unnecessarily long. It does, however, allow you to use the "proper" options just in case you forget to do a Play Now game first. The down side is that you have to change that file in every mod in your game if you don't do the Play Now for that mod.

Or open the Rise from Erebus.ini (In the RifE folder, NOT RifE/Assets; Created after the first time you load the mod) and change ForceGameOptions from 0 to 1. Will prevent saved options for the mod, so you have to reselect them everytime, but will also prevent invisible saved options.

No offense but both (either) of those solutions is rather inelegant, from a game design perspective. And a pain in the ass from a player perspective.

Can we simply program it so that it checks each option, and if it is set to invisible, to force the default value?

That's what this amounts to, right? A value is carried over that is not the default, and it only matters for invisible options, in which cases we always want the default value.

No offense but both (either) of those solutions is rather inelegant, from a game design perspective. And a pain in the ass from a player perspective.

Can we simply program it so that it checks each option, and if it is set to invisible, to force the default value?

That's what this amounts to, right? A value is carried over that is not the default, and it only matters for invisible options, in which cases we always want the default value.

I agree that it is inelegant, but your solution would actually cause larger problems. :p

Some invisible options must be on. For example, No Espionage.

thats why I believe he said that they would be set to their "default" value (not necessarily off). Any option that has a bad default value should have that value changed. In the case of no espionage I believe the default value must be on as the Play Now option sets that value to on automatically.

thats why I believe he said that they would be set to their "default" value (not necessarily off). Any option that has a bad default value should have that value changed. In the case of no espionage I believe the default value must be on as the Play Now option sets that value to on automatically.

True. I misinterpreted it apparently. :lol:

I'll check to see if it's possible... I have a feeling it may not be, but that's entirely based on the fact that Xienwolf didn't do it and he had looked at them. :lol:

I don't know whether this is a bug or whether it's working as intended, but it seems like a bug to me.

Pyre Zombies don't explode when killed with a ranged attack. I have a Steam Tank sitting outside a Shaeim city with two Pyre Zombies in it, which I've already damaged with ranged bombardment from my other units. Use the Steam Tank to ranged attack, killing one Zombie: no explosion to damage my stack. Move the Steam Tank into the city, killing the other Zombie with melee: Zombie explodes, damaging my stack.

What I expected is for both the Pyre Zombies to explode. As it is, this gives me an easy way to deal with Pyre Zombie stacks-of-doom with no threat to my own stacks, as long as I've brought enough siege. And when you're playing as Mechanos, there's no such thing as enuff dakka enough siege, so of course I brought lots. Sorry, WH40K moment there.

I don't know whether this is a bug or whether it's working as intended, but it seems like a bug to me.

Pyre Zombies don't explode when killed with a ranged attack. I have a Steam Tank sitting outside a Shaeim city with two Pyre Zombies in it, which I've already damaged with ranged bombardment from my other units. Use the Steam Tank to ranged attack, killing one Zombie: no explosion to damage my stack. Move the Steam Tank into the city, killing the other Zombie with melee: Zombie explodes, damaging my stack.

What I expected is for both the Pyre Zombies to explode. As it is, this gives me an easy way to deal with Pyre Zombie stacks-of-doom with no threat to my own stacks, as long as I've brought enough siege. And when you're playing as Mechanos, there's no such thing as enuff dakka enough siege, so of course I brought lots. Sorry, WH40K moment there.

Pyre Zombies only explode on the unit that killed them, and only in melee attacks. They have collateral damage now, rather than exploding on everyone.

AI bug.

If you park temporary summons near the enemy they will attack them, even if the chances are good they will lose some attacking units.

As the summon will disappear at the end of the turn anyway should probably be some extra rules in place.

If the unit duration is 'die at end start of next turn' ai should ignore the unit unless it is blocking movement or stacked with none duration 1 units.

Should probably put a lower weighting of trying to kill temporary units of longer duration unless it can do so with very little chance of taking damage.

If your being fancy should try to avoid attacking the level 2 summons if it can be avoided unless good chance of winning. Every time the lvl 2 summon successfully defend/attack they gain an extra turns life (and can buy promotions to heal/make stronger for this increased life).

Pyre Zombies only explode on the unit that killed them, and only in melee attacks. They have collateral damage now, rather than exploding on everyone.

So my experience wasn't a bug; all right.

Next question, since I couldn't find this information with a forum search: do Pyre Zombies do their collateral damage when they explode, or only when they attack? And how many targets does it hit? (Though the latter I could probably find in the XML).

Just checked the xml; Looks like they do collateral using their full combat strength, can inflict up to 50% damage, and can damage up to 6 units in this manner.

Fairly sure collateral is only done when they attack.

Yeah.. this is the case.. really good change. Just tried playing against the sheiam on another mod... stupid exploding things were killing my stacks simply by dying.. Anyhoo.. are the khazad supposed to start with two warriors and not a scout? Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Yeah.. this is the case.. really good change. Just tried playing against the sheiam on another mod... stupid exploding things were killing my stacks simply by dying.. Anyhoo.. are the khazad supposed to start with two warriors and not a scout? Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Vehem made that change in FF, so I can't claim credit. ;)

Khazad are meant to start with those, yes. Same thing with the Ljos and starting with 2 scouts.

Gotcha.. second thing.. Entropy removes bronze and iron weapon promotions even if it is resisted (it simply doesn't add the rusted promotion to the unit, but he must still return to town if he wishes to regain the bronze/iron weapons upgrades).

Top Bottom