RifE 1.20 Bug Thread

I just got nabbed by one of those trapped cages when I inspected a lair. Except that I was able to leave immediately without having anyone come set me free.

Still running version 1.23 with no add-ons. And the save game is attached.

Attachments

• __LastGameSaved.CivBeyondSwordSave
    127 KB · Views: 50
I just got nabbed by one of those trapped cages when I inspected a lair. Except that I was able to leave immediately without having anyone come set me free.

I had this occur to me as well, running the same version. I was playing as Lanun, the unit trapped was a scout. I was able to walk out of the cage, much to my delight. :lol:

Also, the reason I come here: I am in the middle of a standard erebus game, over lan. My two human companions were killed, and left, but I have continued playing (Reloaded the game alone once or twice so far). I have now reached turn 202 and I am unable to end my turn. I have clicked on the apocalypse counter, and hit enter to no avail. The game has been brought to a stand still, and I am at a loss as to why. :cry: Anyways, thanks for your time. Cheers.

-Joe

this one already in 1.20

Flesh golems can acquire channeling I (and II with the amurite ability), They can also learn force up to level III, but can't actually cast level III (they still get the to + ranged attack from level II and can cast accelerate. I suspect none of the above is intentional

I dom't know if it's delibrite, but Erbus Continentls LOVES ancient ruins. On my curent map, about 1-2 in 10 squres have 1.

I dom't know if it's delibrite, but Erbus Continentls LOVES ancient ruins. On my curent map, about 1-2 in 10 squres have 1.

What version are you using? RiFE patch contains EC2.56, and the most recent version is 2.64. According to the release notes, ancient ruins were "fixed" in 2.59. I just started up a game on a huge map and opened WB and ancient ruins are far less common than I remember them in the past.

Elohim can still build libraries when choosing the 'autobuild' function, on top of the archives..

Einon Logos. It builds the library AND the archives.. but the library is normally not available to be built. It only does it when choosing autobuild.

Attachments

• Tiny Elohim.CivBeyondSwordSave
    321.3 KB · Views: 56
I'm using: RifE 1.23 Trade Patch.exe

The Jotner Staedding gives 3 rings of usable tiles around a city, not just 1 ring. All of my Jotner cities are like Kuriotates cities :)

I'm using: RifE 1.23 Trade Patch.exe

The Jotner Staedding gives 3 rings of usable tiles around a city, not just 1 ring. All of my Jotner cities are like Kuriotates cities :)

As intended. The documentation just hasn't been updated.

We don't think a 1-tier city fits a giant race; For one thing, it encourages you to spam cities, completely against the lore of a 'dying race'.

They have a high food cost, but work a 3-tier city in RifE.

Trust me, we're working on it. :lol:

We're making a wiki, based on that of FF, but it's not open to the public yet; Certain material in it hasn't been revealed. Once we've started with the Developer Diaries thing, we'll likely open it up.

For now, feel free to edit the pedia entries and post them in a new thread; I'll probably use them. :p

after my new city was converted by loki to balseraphs, i conquired it after like 50 turns back and than something strange happened: city gained legendary culture, expanded the borders and stayed like that for quite long before just falling down back to 0 culture.

I just saw this happen in my current game. As Mechanos, I destroyed the Balseraphs down to one city, then accepted peace in exchange for lots of techs. Meanwhile, the Sidar, Balseraphs' neighbors, were WHEEOHRNing -- and soon after I made peace with the clowns, the Sidar moved in to finish them off. Since the clowns' last city had just two archers in it, it fell quickly. And in one turn's worth of event log messages, I saw:

Turn 409: Latito (Perpentach) has been captured by the Sidar!!!
Turn 409: Latito has achieved Legendary Culture!
Turn 409: The Balseraph Civilization has been destroyed!!!
Turn 409: The Free Imperial Balseraph Estates is now known as the Balseraph Tribe.

Checking the victory conditions screen, I see that Latito is listed as having 21474836 culture, which is 2^31 divided by 100 and rounded down. That's probably a clue as to where this bug is coming from.

Screenshots and save file attached if you want to look at it. Screenshots are .jpg because the .pngs were getting a bit large; if the .jpg artifacts are bugging you and you want the .pngs, let me know.

EDIT: This is with the 1.23 trade patch, BTW.

Attachments

• Verocchio Turn_0409 Culture bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • Culture bug 1.jpg
    Culture bug 1.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Culture bug 2.jpg
    Culture bug 2.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 59
I just saw this happen in my current game. As Mechanos, I destroyed the Balseraphs down to one city, then accepted peace in exchange for lots of techs. Meanwhile, the Sidar, Balseraphs' neighbors, were WHEEOHRNing -- and soon after I made peace with the clowns, the Sidar moved in to finish them off. Since the clowns' last city had just two archers in it, it fell quickly. And in one turn's worth of event log messages, I saw:

Turn 409: Latito (Perpentach) has been captured by the Sidar!!!
Turn 409: Latito has achieved Legendary Culture!
Turn 409: The Free Imperial Balseraph Estates is now known as the Balseraph Tribe.

Checking the victory conditions screen, I see that Latito is listed as having 21474836 culture, which is 2^31 divided by 100 and rounded down. That's probably a clue as to where this bug is coming from.

Screenshots and save file attached if you want to look at it. Screenshots are .jpg because the .pngs were getting a bit large; if the .jpg artifacts are bugging you and you want the .pngs, let me know.

EDIT: This is with the 1.23 trade patch, BTW.

It's an issue caused by the city having negative culture (Loki's last act, most likely), and the city will go back to normal once it begins developing culture. Will look at it in the code to prevent the issue if I have time.

OK, thanks for clearing up the Jotner question. That makes sense now.

I have also noticed when I was playing as The Legion that their great commanders could create forts right next to each other (no 1 tile spacing requirement) as long as they were in neutral territory and as long as the fort that they were building next to hadn't reached the 1 tile ring of culture upgrade yet. So in effect I could create a wall of forts (The Great Wall of D'tesh) as long as I was quick enough with the great commander(s). It ended up being 3 forts(eventually citadels) deep running all the way down the middle of the map. Since their Great Commanders are hidden with stealth it was pretty easy.

I also noticed that what being an emergent leader I'm unable to aquire the Magic Resistant trait (build the 2nd Altar of Luonnotar - 100%) even though it was listed as 100% change of aquiring. I was looking at this post to see how to get the additional traits for Minor/Emergent leaders:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8125856&postcount=4
Is there another up-to-date list?

Interface bug: Basilica isn't shown in the list of buildings to build (which pops up with the advisor, when a building is finished), so it only can be build from inside city interface.

Resurrecting an old bug. Latest 1.23 Trade build and I have more buildings not whowing up properly in the popup advisor. Fletcher and Archery range to mention those I have found so far.
And yes I've had archery for over 3 turns.

Resurrecting an old bug. Latest 1.23 Trade build and I have more buildings not whowing up properly in the popup advisor. Fletcher and Archery range to mention those I have found so far.
And yes I've had archery for over 3 turns.

Actually, that bug is already fixed once and for all internally. Just not in any released patch. Fixed it after I got a report about it again. :goodjob:

Actually, that bug is already fixed once and for all internally. Just not in any released patch. Fixed it after I got a report about it again. :goodjob:

The Khadi vault gate also does not show, not sure if you have to apply the fix to each individual entry or it is global.

Also, Dowsing seems to instantly OOS a multiplayer game (was allied so it was not a veiw problem).

The Khadi vault gate also does not show, not sure if you have to apply the fix to each individual entry or it is global.

Also, Dowsing seems to instantly OOS a multiplayer game (was allied so it was not a veiw problem).

Put it this way: All buildings which currently don't show correctly, do now. Issue was caused because the original code (by Grey Fox, a long time ago) set it up so that any building with more than 5 Military flavor showed under the Military section; Unfortunately, it just caused it to not show. Rewrote it so it shows under the highest flavor, works fine now with all buildings.

Top Bottom