Right/Left Wing- whos more racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commie #4522 said:
I cant believe this is actually being discussed. that's like asking who is more anti-Semetic, hitler or Al Gore.

Hitler is always known to be an anti-Semite theres no doubts about that, just like the right wing is always known to be racist (KKK, neo Nazis, hate groups are all right wing, duh), while Al Gore isn't.

Seriously how can this even be disgussed? left wing always tries to help minorities while the right seems to always oppress them and always focus on a white domination of politics.

You have obviously not done your history homework. Democrats = pro slavery. Republicans, the party of Lincoln. 1960s: Democrats = pro segregation. Republicans = pro civil rights act.

Rightwingers are usually more racists.

MobBoss said:
You have obviously not done your history homework. Democrats = pro slavery. Republicans, the party of Lincoln. 1960s: Democrats = pro segregation. Republicans = pro civil rights act.
MobBoss, remind me again as to which Senator fillibustered against the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Wasn't it Strom Thurmond? Didn't Thurmond become a Republican, partially because the non-Southern Democrats so overwhelmingly supported the Civil Rights Act? Of course, ol' Strom ran for president in 1948 as the pro-segregation Dixiecrat candidate, so naturally he became a Republican.

Please, the "Republicans-Good Democrats-Bad" drum beat is beneath you.

Commie #4522 said:
what the hell are you talking about??

Left = liberal. Liberals stand against racism tjhats one of their most fundamental idea of an equal society, how the hell could LEFT WING be racist?
Liberals - schmiberals. People are people.
do you just transplant stuff you heard on fox news?
Fox News? I dont watch that crap, CNN either.

Why do so many people hate racism? Whats wrong with it? Why can a black say " im a black and im proud of that", an asian can say " im proud im an asian" while if a white says " im White and im proud of it" in public often just to be accused of racism??

I think we all know the answer: Only Whites can be racist, other people such as black, asians, jews etc. can never be racist, simply because they are not white. Only whites can be blamed as racist.

Black on white crimes are much more than whtie on black crimes, however, if a white attacked a black, it will be covered on news for very long time, if the race is reversed, it wont be covered or if its covered the media will avoid revealing the racial aspect.

What's wrong with the western world now

I'd say liberals, I have no idea why but it's as good an answer as fascists or communists, raccism comes to you from across the political spectrum, I couldn't in all honesty answer this with a right or left because history has examples of bigotry on both sides of stupendous magnitude.

Luftwaffe saying your proud of being white is not raccist saying you are superior to blacks asians or whatever is. The problem is people who say I'm proud of being white in public seldom leave it at that, they qualify it with all sorts of derogitory crap. Black on white crimes are not greater than white on black, and In my country both are given equal media attention. I'll refrain from saying your misinformed as you may be right about your own country, I have no idea?

Sidhe said:
I'd say liberals, I have no idea why but it's as good an answer as fascists or communists, raccism comes to you from across the political spectrum, I couldn't in all honesty answer this with a right or left because history has examples of bigotry on both sides of stupendous magnitude.

Luftwaffe saying your proud of being white is not raccist saying you are superior to blacks asians or whatever is. The problem is people who say I'm proud of being white in public seldom leave it at that, they qualify it with all sorts of derogitory crap. Black on white crimes are not greater than white on black, and In my country both are given equal media attention. I'll refrain from saying your misinformed as you may be right about your own country, I have no idea?

blacks on white crime rate IS MUCH GREATER than white on black crime rate, i have seen the demograph, but i forget where the site is. Since you are from England, i have an English friend who is 15, and he's in a police school (he's to be a policemen) and he told me the problems of the pakis there. the pakis are problematic, why did england "import" them?? they contribute nothing to your country but robbery, steal and even worse crimes. I dont wanna tell the reason right now coz i know you will totally disagree on it...

Moderator Action: Thread is closed, but logged in as a warning for this racist post anyway. - The Yankee
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

If you are going to debate the issue though I would suggest not listening to hear say, there are hundreds of staff in the hospital where I work who are "pakis" many of who'm are Dr's in fact rather alot as a percentage of staff, what your listening too is raccist propaganda(btw this word should be censored as it's considered racist and derogatory in England in itself, entirely in the same league as n****r.)

Try researching the subject from unbiased sources and provide links before you take anecdotal evidence at face value. Enlgand is not full up with useless illegal immigrants contrary to what some right wing groups want to tell you. Be careful who you listen too, seriously, their are some real delusional bigots around, I for one wouldn't want to assosciate with them and as a general rule don't.

VRWCAgent said:
Collectively, I would have to say that leftist policies are more racist, but you can't make that apply to the individual people. They are deluded into thinking affirmative action is actually a good thing for minorities when it is actually a very racist policy.

"You're <insert any minority group here> and incapable of succeeding on your own, so we the government are going to give you assistance so that you may have a chance against the superior white people". That's affirmative action in a nutshell.

Thats the worst argument against affirmittive action i have ever heard. Policies meant to help a minority group are racist? C'mon...

From the left's point of view YOUR viewpoint is racist and I'll explain why... The denial of racism can in itself be racism because it does in fact exist. To deny it as a white person is to be blinded by the priviledge and power you carry every day based on the colour of your skin.

The equal ability to succeed if you just work hard enough is a wonderful concept - however the left believes it's just not posible due to other societal factors. For example... You can claim your society isn't racist but when you look around do you not ask yourself why so much wealth is controlled by white males? Why positions of corporate power are held by white males? Why so many african americans are living in poverty and unable to climb out of it? My previous company had a very diverse workforce.. however upper management - almost all white. I've known people in other companies who tell me their bosses told them "I only hire white people".

Now looking at all these factors you must ask yourself.. "Why don't african americans succeed at the same rate as white people?" Now it's possible they're lazy and stupid... Which of course they're NOT... so failing that what is causing the problem? The other option is a deap seated layer of predjudice and discrimination that nobody really wants to talk about... African Americans see it frequently thoughout their lives... even educated sucessful African Americans. As a white male I will never face such difficulties.

Years ago it was the Right insisting people should be treated differently depending on their race, with segregation. Today its the Left with affirmative action. Meet the new racists, same as the old racists.

Bozo Erectus said:
Years ago it was the Right insisting people should be treated differently depending on their race, with segregation. Today its the Left with affirmative action. Meet the new racists, same as the old racists.

Racism implies the oppression of an ethnic group.. Can you explain how affirmative action - a policy designed to help and improve the situation of a group - is opressing minorities?

It is likely helping them as was the plan... so if THATS racism then "sign me up for some racism".

MobBoss said:

He didn't say "democrats" or "republicans". He said "left wing". In 1860 the Republicans were most definitely the "left wing" in American politics. However, those are not terms they would have used at all at that time. And, tbh, I don't like applying them in reverse.

RedWolf said:
Racism implies the oppression of an ethnic group.. Can you explain how affirmative action - a policy designed to help and improve the situation of a group - is opressing minorities?

It is likely helping them as was the plan... so if THATS racism then "sign me up for some racism".

Oppression isnt a requirement of racism. Merely believing that black people are unable to succeed without recieving special treatment, as the Left does, is racism.

Bozo Erectus said:
Oppression isnt a requirement of racism. Merely believing that black people are unable to succeed without recieving special treatment, as the Left does, is racism.

Look at our society.. they are NOT succeeding on their own without special treatment. That is the reality.

Now.. believeing it is so because they are somehow inferior is racism... Which the left does NOT.

Believing it is so because of external forces (ie: a racist discriminitory society) beyond their control which thereby makes it far more difficult to succeed is NOT racism. You may disagree with that statement.. but it doesn't make it racism.

Redwolf to me, it doesnt matter if you believe blacks are bad people, and white people should be protected from them (segregation), or that whites are bad, and black people need to be protected from them (affirmative action). Its all racism. Whether theyre from the Left or from the Right, white people just cant forget for one moment that a person is black. They just react to it in different ways, thats all.

YNCS said:
MobBoss, remind me again as to which Senator fillibustered against the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Wasn't it Strom Thurmond? Didn't Thurmond become a Republican, partially because the non-Southern Democrats so overwhelmingly supported the Civil Rights Act? Of course, ol' Strom ran for president in 1948 as the pro-segregation Dixiecrat candidate, so naturally he became a Republican.

Please, the "Republicans-Good Democrats-Bad" drum beat is beneath you.
YNCS, why don't you remind us of which Senator was a Ku Klux Klan member?

Bozo Erectus said:
Redwolf to me, it doesnt matter if you believe blacks are bad people, and white people should be protected from them (segregation), or that whites are bad, and black people need to be protected from them (affirmative action). Its all racism. Whether theyre from the Left or from the Right, white people just cant forget for one moment that a person is black. They just react to it in different ways, thats all.

Bozo - You and I can forget that a person is black and see people as people. But it doesn't do anybody any good when so many other idiots out there can't (and won't) do the same.

So at this point racism EXISTS in our society. Us pretending it doesn't will not help anybody - it's like sticking your head in the sand. Affirmative action instead says "Racism is a fact, it's not going away fast enough - so what can we do to try to help those most affected by it"

If you pretend it doesn't exist, thinks will NEVER change.

.Shane. said:
I don't recall electing you "Spokesman for white people"? Did I miss a memo or something? Speak for yourself.
I dont recall ever claiming to be one. Sorry, Ive got opinions.

rmsharpe said:
YNCS, why don't you remind us of which Senator was a Ku Klux Klan member?

I believe the same senator also filibustered the Civil Rights Act as well.

At any rate, this is why the premise of this thread is, IMVHO... stupid. Now, in other countries the right/left dichotomy may line up nicely, but not in the US. In fact, as I pointed out about the Republicans in the 1860s, its doesn't even apply or work in the US history of politics until the mid 1900s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom