[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

Well, Bohemia under Charles IV was in the Medieval Era... Well, nevermind. But he would still make a good Golden Age leader, although not really starting and Ancient.

Although... Well, Cyrus was among the greatest Persian leaders and Darius too, but I guess they were more Classical Era than the Ancient Era, right?
The only leader that lived during the Ancient Era that we have right now is Gilgamesh, and that's not saying much.

So I'm trying to condition myself to play as I'll be playing after the expansion drops so that I don't carry over bad habits and I must say that waiting for markets without trade routes to speed them along is painful.
Transitions to new expansion packs will always be painful.

By the way, only 2000 more posts for this thread to become the new largest thread in this subforum! We're more than halfway!

I've been wondering if a Civ were to get the UA of starting in a Golden Age. It would be good for the Hittites or a Pharaoh alt-leader for Egypt.
I was thinking that too; but someone had the unique ability to have a "Golden Age" in the Ancient Era; it does mean that the devs will need to code in 4 dedications that only that Civ will have which I don't think they will do.

However what has just occurred to me: maybe there will be a Civ/Leader that gets a bonus Dedication that they can choose whenever they go into a Golden age? So you can choose one of the 4 provided by that era or you can choose your unique dedication?

Also maybe there is a Civ/Leader that gets to pick 2 dedications per Golden age instead of one?

I was thinking that too; but someone had the unique ability to have a "Golden Age" in the Ancient Era; it does mean that the devs will need to code in 4 dedications that only that Civ will have which I don't think they will do.

However what has just occurred to me: maybe there will be a Civ/Leader that gets a bonus Dedication that they can choose whenever they go into a Golden age? So you can choose one of the 4 provided by that era or you can choose your unique dedication?

Also maybe there is a Civ/Leader that gets to pick 2 dedications per Golden age instead of one?

That would be a good UA for Italy.

Information Era Dark Ages are no doubt the worst kind of Dark Ages.
Or the information age is per definition always a normal age for everybody, just like the ancient era is probably as well (although an ancient civ might get an ability to start with a golden age).

The balances of the UU, UI, LA, and CA to make sure that Civ's are competitive can be spread across all four categories; so not every Civ needs an equally powered CA (Civ Ability - which Founding Fathers is) to be balanced with other Civs. The only one's they def need to be careful with are the LA's, as in making sure any alternate leader for the same Civ has an equal LA.
That is true that balance is most important. But thematically it makes no sense that America's CA is factually worse at doing it's job than Greece's CA,
but Siptah reminded me of Poland's CA so now i'm confident that they just didn't mention the rest.

I remember Anton saying in an interview that there was an upcoming female leader that plays directly with the golden age system, it could’ve been loyalty system though I’m not 100% sure

I remember Anton saying in an interview that there was an upcoming female leader that plays directly with the golden age system, it could’ve been loyalty system though I’m not 100% sure

It was the ages system.

It was the ages system.

I’m thinking it’s Isabella then. With 9 leaders, two of them already revealed that leaves seven. Im thinking at least half of he remain g are going to be men, so what famous female leaders fit the mold for dealing with a prominent golden age?

Yeah and he did not say golden age specifically: Quote was "she plays with the Ages system in a very interesting way."

With every passing female leader that does not have the Ages system ability my hopes go up for Tamar.

So I'm trying to condition myself to play as I'll be playing after the expansion drops so that I don't carry over bad habits and I must say that waiting for markets without trade routes to speed them along is painful.
Agreed. I hate that change.

Top Bottom