[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

View attachment 484954 View attachment 484955

Might I also point out in the gladiator scene the girl’s father is wearing an Attic Chaldician helmet, attributed origins to Thrace & Ionia. The ones with hinged cheek pieces are believed to be Thracian or Ionian.

Thracia and Ionia are highly unlikely to be in R&F. Thracia because the Thracian language is so poorly attested. Ionia because it is Greek. :p
No offense, but this is a game called Civilization 6, not Hellenistic Civilization 6.

View attachment 484954 View attachment 484955

Might I also point out in the gladiator scene the girl’s father is wearing an Attic Chaldician helmet, attributed origins to Thrace & Ionia. The ones with hinged cheek pieces are believed to be Thracian or Ionian.
It was also mentioned that this scene is probably a reference to the new "Bread and Circus" project for the Entertainment Complex to boost amenities.

But I really want Pergamon... :smug:

Make Pergamon a City-State....:p
Or go back to Civ5 and play the awesome Pergamon mod. I actually wrote some of the Civilopedia entries for that. :D

It was also mentioned that this scene is probably a reference to the new "Bread and Circus" project for the Entertainment Complex to boost amenities.

Thinking about it, I want a new district, the fairground, which combines a little commercial hub with a little entertainment district.

I really want Pontus.... but that will never happen - Eupator was anything but... The Asiatic vespers... awesome horrorshow revenge.

I remember a prominent Civ5 modder was planning a Pontus Civ. I'm not sure they ever finished it. :cry:

Thinking about it, I want a new district, the fairground, which combines a little commercial hub with a little entertainment district.

Add to that a Philosophers Quarter - science and culture.

any more districts and they're going to have to find a way to break geometry and add more hexes

But the thing is, it just adds more decisions. They just gotta make sure that districts are limited by population instead of hexes, and then you can decide to focus strongly on one yield or on a mix of yields.

any more districts and they're going to have to find a way to break geometry and add more hexes

i would make it so the mixed districts get less yields than the single resource districts and probably won't produce GP points of their type or at least not until buildings. Basically trading power for flexibility.

i would make it so the mixed districts get less yields than the single resource districts and probably won't produce GP points of their type or at least not until buildings. Basically trading power for flexibility.

Or maybe make those districts available later, and they will replace the old district (fairground : the civilization is unable to build anymore EC and CH but this instead). This could maybe balance the astronomic cost of district in later eras.

I don't want more districts, I'd just like them to balance the game so that they are all worth building. Right now almost half of them are rarely if ever worth building.

And I sincerely hope there isn't a separate "Water Park" district and that they are just making the Entertainment district buildable on both land and coastal hexes.

No offense, but this is a game called Civilization 6, not Hellenistic Civilization 6.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, however I’m not the dev team that decided to go that route since the beginning of Civ VI. I do believe they purposely wanted Hellenic civs from the get-go, so I politely disagree with that assertion as well. I never said I wanted Thrace — just pointing out helmet origin & the fact is Lydian helmets were of that design.

I stated this prior, but Attic Greek City-States have 4 origins, not 3. Lydia is the best option to finish that chapter & finally move on to other pursuits. Plus it’s an economic Civ which would provide more diversity on that end. I know it’s unlikely for Lydia considering Georgia but still— :crazyeye:

In my opinion, if the Nazis won’t be considered for this game, nor should the Ottomans. They were a Central Power in WWI siding with the Germans & neutral most of WWII. Both have documented genocide within a decade or so of each other, less than 100 years ago. Is there another picture I’m missing or is this just dealing with how large it got & how long it’s existed?

Moderator Action: Please leave Nazi Germany out of this discussion. leif
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I’m asking not to troll. I’m aware the Reich didn’t even last twenty years but it has quite a following on here, as does the USSR & Gran Colombia. Certainly other leaders in this game have also committed atrocities. Where is the line drawn? I recall a German Empire Civ with Otto von Bismarck as the leader. That ‘empire’ existed less than 50 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want more districts, I'd just like them to balance the game so that they are all worth building. Right now almost half of them are rarely if ever worth building.

And I sincerely hope there isn't a separate "Water Park" district and that they are just making the Entertainment district buildable on both land and coastal hexes.
Water Park has buildable buildings as seen in one of Liang the Surveyor's promotions alongside the Entertainment Complex. I'm at least hoping they change the name to Amusement Pier and maybe it adds tourism as well as amenities.

I'm afraid that the second new district is the "water park" and it would be a distinct district from the EC.

Look at this : http://well-of-souls.com/civ/images/civ6rf_civics_tree1.jpg

I don't know the authority of this site, but Arioch manage to find the entire culture tree. And if you look closely at the Natural History dogma (it's a little blurry), you can clearly see an hexagone icon typical of districts, and it might look like some sort of EC, but slighty different.
Plus, we see at the same Natural History that the great weel will be unlocked there to (and it's the building of this "water park"). And it has always been like this : the first building of a district is unlocked with the district (you can see that Natural History unlock two buildings, but I don't know what is the other).

So, I think that is the new district announced: a water entertainement park.

Sorry for you.

Yes, the genocide of the pontic race! How dare they.
They also gave the ANZAC's a whipping.
No, the Ottomans committed genocide against the Armenians in the early 1900s. Metro Detroit has a huge Armenian diaspora population.

Here you go:

Have these changes been discussed yet? Really interesting additions for tier 3 governments. Especially democracy seems buffed for me. And the bonus towards buildings districts with Merchant Republic instead of the trade routes.

Have these changes been discussed yet? Really interesting additions for tier 3 governments. Especially democracy seems buffed for me. And the bonus towards buildings districts with Merchant Republic instead of the trade routes.

Only to a limited extent in the Korea livestream thread.

Top Bottom