[R&F] Rise and Fall General Discussion Thread

So now English Wikipedia is getting weird again. Featured picture is earrings from the Silla Kingdom (Korea). Also on this Day mentions the Ottomans again for two days in a row.

So. About the new firaxis livestream tomorrow. What information is unknown to us at this moment (besides 3 new nations) about the next expansion?
What are you hoping to see in the next livestream?
I'm hoping to see some details about the loyalty system and the emergencies. Also, I believe (though I'm not sure) that some of the base game civs are going to be reworked, so that their bonuses are in line with the new features of the expansion. I hope they will say something about this as well.

• We still don't know what exactly each type of alliance will give, we only know scientific alliance. We also don't know if there's further changes to alliance, only that shared visibility will be restricted to one or more type of alliance;
  • We still didn't see emergencies, we only know how it works in theory. Would be nice to see how the AI react to an emergency, diplomacy role in it, what kind of bonus you get, more examples of actions that trigger an emergency. IMO it's the feature that can make or break this expansion's success, I would love to see it in action, mostly to observe AI behavior;
  • They didn't show all governors skill tree, if you guys could help get their attention in the chat, I want to ask them to open all governors tree for screenshot purpose;
  • They didn't show the new Casus Belli yet, we only know the name;
  • More loyalty action is welcome so we can see the extend of the impact the mechanic will have in the game. We also need to ask about the theoretical exploits we been discussing here (pillage free cities tiles. Flip a city, sell it then flip it again). Did they do something to prevent that?
  • We can always catch other changes that are more patch related.
Did I forget anything?
We also don't know what dedication bonuses are available for the Information era.

He did say Zulu though. It wasn't just an oblique reference like Brave Heart.
Bring it! I’m totally down for Shaka. Braveheart however...

You must miss Portugal being in Civ....:p I miss them too....
It’s practically the only Civ I play when available. Phillip II is insufficient.

There's waaaay more to the Turks than baths, especially seeing as the Romans already have one. I think the Grand Bazaar is as good a fit for a unique CH as any (admittedly it would also work as a building). It being an improvement would be weird.
Lydians created the concept of wholesale trade, which is how they were able to gain enormous wealth. The Ottomans inherited that from the Iron Age success of Lydians. It’s said bazaars originated in Persia, though it was Lydia with the money at the time. I’m still game for Lydia because it is an Iron Age civ, none are represented so far in the released list so far.

The exorbitant wealth of Lydia & newfound attraction of precious metals is attributed to the lack of imagination in Hellenic architecture during this era, as they were more focused on gems, jewlery & monuments. I think a UA for Lydia could be an early ability to convert gold into production for wonders. They weren’t much for warfare, typically played defense (which, Lydia’s incredibly famed stepped city walls would fit, as many of its cities emulated it.. unique building? Doubtful..).

They were renowned merchants, weavers, & manufacturers who gave gold to other Greek city-states to battle each other instead of focusing on them. They’re also credited for giving lavish gifts to the Oracle of Delphi which in turn heightened its status as an authority. Ironically, it was the Oracle who predicted Lydia’s demise.

This is a good link for Sardis, the capital, if you want more info on Lydian daily life: http://sardisexpedition.org/en/essays/latw-cahill-city-of-sardis

If we actually see canals in the second expansion, the Civ6 will reach perfection and collapse the universe around itself.
I’d be fine with Panama or Suez Canal as a wonder. It shouldn’t be available for any civ.

Last edited:
A friendly reminder that we have only twenty-nine days to the release.

Btw. We still have no Civ from South America and Africa revealed. If there isn't the Inca Empire in R&F, there will be riots :p

A friendly reminder that we have only twenty-nine days to the release.

Btw. We still have no Civ from South America and Africa revealed. If there isn't the Inca Empire in R&F, there will be riots :p
Probably there will be some if the next ones aren't the Ottomans or any from Africa (not counting the Zulu) as well.

Last edited:
I'm standing by my prediction. Inca, Ottomans, Mali, Georgia.

0862AFF4-66D0-4D3F-B647-24CC4C5CA2EE.jpeg 2BAFA029-00FC-4522-A107-CC88D086267B.jpeg

Might I also point out in the gladiator scene the girl’s father is wearing an Attic Chaldician helmet, attributed origins to Thrace & Ionia. The ones with hinged cheek pieces are believed to be Thracian or Ionian.

Yes, I had to dig for the announcement, too. Usually, I see it on Twitter first.

I'm (mostly) standing firm on Ottomans, Italy, Inca.

I'm actually worrying about Ottomans and thinking that might become Zulu. Because apparently we need another warmongering civ.

I'm (mostly) standing firm on Ottomans, Italy, Inca.

I'm actually worrying about Ottomans and thinking that might become Zulu. Because apparently we need another warmongering civ.

Hopefully if they do bring the Zulu they do something interesting with them beyond just melee unit bonuses, even if it's just a military alliance lua or something. Shaka did do a decent but of alliance building and diplomacy (at least per Wikipedia)!

Otoh The one brightside to the Zulu is that, ala 5, they'll hopefully get bonuses that might make them a passable tactical threat in the AI hands.

Top Bottom